Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Toyota Tacoma/C.O. Badlands 2.7 4Dr hardtop
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi there,

I was going over the build and price tool on Ford's site just now, and I was trying to spec out a Badlands I have a
reservation in for. But I found it odd that when I tried to add their "paint protection film" option, adding "roof rails with
crossbars", or adding the "sound-deadening headliner" option all made the build and price tool make me change back
to the smaller 2.3 engine. But what's extra odd is that, for shits and giggles, I entered the same specs in for an Outer Banks
model and there was no problem whatsoever with the engine type having to change back to the smaller size with those other
options mentioned above selected.
Anyone else experience this? I'm hoping it's just a website quirk..
Sponsored

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got to use the search function for the forums man. Been discussed in various threads and a Q&A with the Ford Brand Manager.

GVWR issue. Badlands is too heavy for their dumb system to allow all options.

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is common. Ford has limited certain item combinations based upon max GVWR. The four-door Badlands seems to suffer the most from this, likely because it has heavy duty bumpers and skid plates standard. Whether all items will be restricted at order time is unknown, but the roof rack and Sasquatch Package combo is one known to be unavailable until model year 2022.

You may still be able to add some of these things on at the dealer if you cannot order the Bronco with them from the factory.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm afraid the Rockstars let us down

Jpeyer

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you have ever bought a new truck, you would understand gvwr and payload issue. Badlands 4 door is just very heavy and has options limited. ‘22 will be lighter supposedly but lose features to achieve this. At 6180 pounds gvwr and 1100 pounds payload that is the reason there is no roof rack allowed. 5 people at 150 is 750 plus 320 hitch weight is at your max gvwr. Ford either gives you passengers and cargo or passengers and towing. They chose towing on the badlands. Buy it at the parts counter. The ‘22 will more than likely have more plastic to make it less of a pig. Unless the warthog comes out and they can adjust gvwr due to that heavy beast.

Sponsored
OP
OP
JMBGlass

JMBGlass

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Toyota Tacoma/C.O. Badlands 2.7 4Dr hardtop
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you have ever bought a new truck, you would understand gvwr and payload issue. Badlands 4 door is just very heavy and has options limited. ‘22 will be lighter supposedly but lose features to achieve this. At 6180 pounds gvwr and 1100 pounds payload that is the reason there is no roof rack allowed. 5 people at 150 is 750 plus 320 hitch weight is at your max gvwr. Ford either gives you passengers and cargo or passengers and towing. They chose towing on the badlands. Buy it at the parts counter. The ‘22 will more than likely have more plastic to make it less of a pig. Unless the warthog comes out and they can adjust gvwr due to that heavy beast.
I've bought two new Toyota Tacoma pickup trucks before but I'm new to this I suppose because options didn't seem to be limited on those trucks due to weight. Thanks for info about what Ford's thinking is on limiting those options. So do you guys think a roof rails and sound-deadening headliner will be easily able to be installed by the dealership then? I'm still left wondering though how "paint protection film" puts the weight over the top for their calculations.. And is the Badlands really that much heavier than the other editions? If so, will acceleration and fuel economy just be awful?

Jpeyer

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've bought two new Toyota Tacoma pickup trucks before but I'm new to this I suppose because options didn't seem to be limited on those trucks due to weight. Thanks for info about what Ford's thinking is on limiting those options. So do you guys think a roof rails and sound-deadening headliner will be easily able to be installed by the dealership then? I'm still left wondering though how "paint protection film" puts the weight over the top for their calculations.. And is the Badlands really that much heavier than the other editions? If so, will acceleration and fuel economy just be awful?
Badlands and fe will have the worst fuel economy. Oem roof rails will most likely need a compatible vehicle vin for them to order initially. Headliner is just glued on. You will be able to get oem or aftermarket and diy.

jxc

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord/CX-5/A5 Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi there,

I was going over the build and price tool on Ford's site just now, and I was trying to spec out a Badlands I have a
reservation in for. But I found it odd that when I tried to add their "paint protection film" option, adding "roof rails with
crossbars", or adding the "sound-deadening headliner" option all made the build and price tool make me change back
to the smaller 2.3 engine. But what's extra odd is that, for shits and giggles, I entered the same specs in for an Outer Banks
model and there was no problem whatsoever with the engine type having to change back to the smaller size with those other
options mentioned above selected.
Anyone else experience this? I'm hoping it's just a website quirk..
Noob! :) - JK, welcome to the @#$% show! - B&P is jacked + GVWR. - This was discussed ad nauseam when B&P was released. Lots of weirdness - I.E. - you can add a winch and mount but not paint-protection film...
Sponsored