First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello. I picked up a 2023 Badlands non sasquatch in January. It was a long wait. I did some research and had my parts ready to go. I had to get on a plane early the next morning but with a friends help, we put on the new wheels, relocated the cruise control bracket, installed the front lights, a new bumper, Rough Country tailgate reinforcement and Oracle LED break light that after noon.

IMG_7856.JPG

IMG_7868.JPG

IMG_7873.JPG
Sponsored

OP
OP

kunzy

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When I got home from my trip, I put on the Fabtech Coil over lift kit, the Fabtech tie rods rear bumper, trailer hitch and lights. I then used Forescan to correct the speedo for the 35 " tires. I really appreciate all the information that is shared on this forum. It helped me pick the parts that work for me and gave me something to do while I was waiting for my truck. This is the first new car I have ever bought for myself. I always drove the hand me downs from the wife and kids.

Ford Bronco Badlands Build in Jupiter Florida IMG_7927.JPG

Ford Bronco Badlands Build in Jupiter Florida IMG_7934.JPG

Ford Bronco Badlands Build in Jupiter Florida IMG_7935.JPG

Ford Bronco Badlands Build in Jupiter Florida IMG_7940.JPG

Ford Bronco Badlands Build in Jupiter Florida IMG_7938.JPG

Ford Bronco Badlands Build in Jupiter Florida IMG_7957.JPG

img_e8355-jpg.jpg

img_e8372-jpg.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

elcidlima

Badlands
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Awesome build.

Anyway you can share a link to the fabtech kit you used?

What kind of mileage are you getting now?

Did you disable the honk after closing doors or auto/start stop while in forescan?

Im still bouncing back and fourth on what wheels I want.

OP
OP

kunzy

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks!! I used this kit. https://fabtechmotorsports.com/prod...overs-rear-dirt-logic-resi-coilovers-k2378dl/

At the time Fabtech had not tested on a 2023. It worked fine and I really like the ride.

The only issue I had with the Fabtech coilovers was that the hose to the remote reservoir, was hitting the UCA when the wheel was all the way down. I looked at the pictures and the hose was at a different angle. I checked with Tech support and asked them if I could slightly loosen the fittings and rotate the fitting. They said no problem and gave me the pressure settings in case I lost nitrogen. I didn't and it was easy to fix. I did have to remove the coilovers to be get at the fittings. I really liked the Fabtech support. They were great. I highly recommend this kit.

The hardest part of the installation was cutting the bolt on passenger side control arm. I had 3 trips to Harbor freight before I found a tool that could fit in the space to cut the bolt. If you get the kit, I will send a picture of the cut off saw I found. It was about 30-40 bucks and it is really handy.

I get between 15 ands 16 mpg; however, most of my driving is on the highway between 75 and 80 mph. I use the cheap gas too. That probably makes a difference. Around town I get better mileage. I did the universal open on the Windows with Forescan and will probably do the universal close with Forescan. I adjusted the numbers for the circumference/speed based upon a GPS speed app. It seems to be really accurate. The only honk is when I lock my doors so I did not change. I like to hear confirmation that my truck is locked. I am usually I am half way across a parking lot and wondering whether I remembered to lock it.

There are so many choices on wheels. It is overwhelming.

Mark

OP
OP

kunzy

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Awesome build.

Anyway you can share a link to the fabtech kit you used?

What kind of mileage are you getting now?

Did you disable the honk after closing doors or auto/start stop while in forescan?

Im still bouncing back and fourth on what wheels I want.
Sorry. I am new to the forum. I replied but did not hit reply. See the post I added that answers your questions.

Sponsored

HOSSMAN

Badlands
First Name
HOSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2022 BMW X3 M-SPORT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man, great build! Congratz!!!

OP
OP

kunzy

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Man, great build! Congratz!!!
Thanks! RCI 20 degree rock sliders and Lobo Off-Road Crash bar erase and brace are ordered. they are my next mods. I like your Bronco it looks great. I just did the lighted Bronco letters too. They were only $100 on Amazon. You cand see them in the daytime really well and if you turn them off they look just like the stock letters.

IMG_E8355.JPG

IMG_E8372.JPG

HOSSMAN

Badlands
First Name
HOSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2022 BMW X3 M-SPORT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IMG_E8372.JPG

[/QUOTE]
Thanks! Love that front bumper with the round BAJA lights in it. I am debating to put the RTR old school round BAJA light bar on or if I go more modern slim line one. Wife likes the slim line but I like the old school cool round to go with the old school look JMO.

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350, F-450, 2022 Bronco, (2) 77 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks! RCI 20 degree rock sliders and Lobo Off-Road Crash bar erase and brace are ordered. they are my next mods. I like your Bronco it looks great. I just did the lighted Bronco letters too. They were only $100 on Amazon. You cand see them in the daytime really well and if you turn them off they look just like the stock letters.

Ford Bronco Badlands Build in Jupiter Florida IMG_E8372.JPG

Ford Bronco Badlands Build in Jupiter Florida IMG_E8372.JPG

Nice Badlands!

Which Front Bumper is that? I like it.

monkeysdad

Outer Banks
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The hardest part of the installation was cutting the bolt on passenger side control arm. I had 3 trips to Harbor freight before I found a tool that could fit in the space to cut the bolt. If you get the kit, I will send a picture of the cut off saw I found. It was about 30-40 bucks and it is really handy.

Mark
What bolt did you have to cut on the passenger side control arm? Does Fabtech not reuse the factory UCA bolt?

Sponsored
OP
OP

kunzy

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice Badlands!

Which Front Bumper is that? I like it.
Thank you. Addictive Dessert Designs Bomber for Rigid lights. Jeepaandtruckparts.com had the best prices on the bumpers skid pate and suspension when I bought it. They saved me a lot of money.

OP
OP

kunzy

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What bolt did you have to cut on the passenger side control arm? Does Fabtech not reuse the factory UCA bolt?
This is on the right rear suspension not the front. The bolt won't slide out to the inside. You have to cut it. It is in the Fabtech instructions. Once I found the right tool, it was not bad.

Heckler

Wildtrak
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Where does the ACC sensor relocate to? Does it need to be re-calibrated after that?

OP
OP

kunzy

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Where does the ACC sensor relocate to? Does it need to be re-calibrated after that?
It gets moved up and behind the grill. Addictive Dessert Designs makes a relocation bracket. Go to the link below and you will see a link to the instructions. It takes a while to do this as you have to take the front of the truck apart and modify the wiring harness and cut a few of the slats that control the cooling intake.

https://www.addictivedesertdesigns....location-bracket-in-hammer-black_ac23152501na

I did not recalibrate my adaptive cruise control and it seems to work fine. Here is a screen grab from a video it took for my wife. This is a few hours after I took my truck home. You have to strip the front end to relocate the cruise control.

Ford Bronco Badlands Build in Jupiter Florida IMG_8416.PNG
Sponsored

Last edited: