Sponsored

Badlands - If I plan on swapping to 35 or 37 BFG KO AT’s...

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Personally I like the Sasquatch wheels over the aftermarket. My concern is not knowing the backspacing compared to the Method wheels to see if 37's are going to turn lock to lock before rubbing so not to interfere with the trail turn.
Sponsored

BenBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150 and 2020 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Personally I like the Sasquatch wheels over the aftermarket. My concern is not knowing the backspacing compared to the Method wheels to see if 37's are going to turn lock to lock before rubbing so not to interfere with the trail turn.
The Optional Badlands wheel is a 17 x 8” wheel, with 6 x 5.5” (or 6 x 139mm) with a 55mm offset and 6.66” of backspacing. Not sure about the Sasquatch wheels.

broncoSJ

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Badlands overland concept was non Sasquatch with 1552 wheels and 35s. 1552 emailed me size and offset. “17x8.5 6x139.7 ET0 option” (Traverse Rims). I’m probably going Badlands non SAS and adding 35s as soon as I get it home. Mostly because I don’t love the SAS rims and those new MT wrangler tires are new for the bronco.

RFMETZ

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX460
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The Badlands overland concept was non Sasquatch with 1552 wheels and 35s. 1552 emailed me size and offset. “17x8.5 6x139.7 ET0 option” (Traverse Rims). I’m probably going Badlands non SAS and adding 35s as soon as I get it home. Mostly because I don’t love the SAS rims and those new MT wrangler tires are new for the bronco.
@broncoSJ- I'd like to do this same setup. So only unknown then is if any spacers are needed and/or a lift?

BadSquatch21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover and Porsches; '22 Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@broncoSJ- I'd like to do this same setup. So only unknown then is if any spacers are needed and/or a lift?
Using the offset listed I don't believe spacers would be necessary. As far as a lift goes, if you're running 35's or 315's I don't believe a lift is needed with a Badlands, probably just unbolting the front crash bars. The concept def didn't have a lift. Nobody will fully know until they show up in peoples driveways and people start trying things. I know I'd going to have wheels and 315's ready to bolt on my Badlands when it comes home.

Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think there are a lot more factors than that. Just because you have a 1" increase in tire radius, doesn't mean you can get away with only 1" more in lift and not have major problems with rubbing (a 37 is wider too). There's not much room for that 35 to begin with stock. Then you change the CV angles...and do you want to run a spacer lift to begin with? I doubt very seriously that people just adding a 1" spacer lift and throwing on 37s are going to be happy, or have a functional truck for off road.
I would put on a 1 inch body lift and 37s with new rims that have the appropriate backspacing--which I, admittedly, don't know yet. I did it with 12.5" wide 35s on a JK and less backspacing.

I'm still awaiting the revised pricing, but..

I thought to order the D210 Front axle you had to have the Squatch Package?
We're talking about the Badlands, specifically, which has the 210 standard.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Do we really think there will be different crash bars for every tire size? I would not think so. For certain, there won’t be different mounting locations. At the very most you would have to add the Squatch crash bars. Now, going to 37’s may be another story.

RFMETZ

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX460
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Do we really think there will be different crash bars for every tire size? I would not think so. For certain, there won’t be different mounting locations. At the very most you would have to add the Squatch crash bars. Now, going to 37’s may be another story.
If there is different squatch crash bars I assume you can just order these separately?

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No, the crash bar extensions which come bolted on non squatch Bronco orders and are removed When you order squatch. There is only 1 size and it comes when you don’t squatch, but looks easy (2 bolts on each) to remove.

J Jernigan

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Platinum, 2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
on the Sasquatch package they remove the crash bars altogether. Theory is that with the larger tire it provides more crash absorption in the event of an accident thus they aren’t needed to pass safety standards.

Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
FYI ... to run 37s on a raptor Without any issue requires about 15k of modifications. On a raptor you need to replace the front fenders. Even with a 2 inch lift via taller springs the fenders need to be replaced. Most guys will also replace the rear fenders.

I am sure you can run 37s on the bronco but be prepare to spend some $$ when shit breaks.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

No, the crash bar extensions which come bolted on non squatch Bronco orders and are removed When you order squatch. There is only 1 size and it comes when you don’t squatch, but looks easy (2 bolts on each) to remove.
Ok, I guess I don’t recall seeing pictures without the crash bars. Of course at my age, there is a lot of things I don’t recall anymore!

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ok, I guess I don’t recall seeing pictures without the crash bars. Of course at my age, there is a lot of things I don’t recall anymore!
Here you go, this is a squatch chassis and this is with the crash bars not installed. on a non squatch the crash bars are added here with 2 bolts.

Ford Bronco Badlands - If I plan on swapping to 35 or 37 BFG KO AT’s... C7CC5B47-D670-4C69-9DBC-EAA06C4D10CC

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Optional Badlands wheel is a 17 x 8” wheel, with 6 x 5.5” (or 6 x 139mm) with a 55mm offset and 6.66” of backspacing. Not sure about the Sasquatch wheels.
In a conversation with Dads_bronze_bronco, he mentioned the offset of the Saquatch wheels was stamped 30 when someone had crawaled under it & looked. This is on an 8.5 wheel width

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
on the Sasquatch package they remove the crash bars altogether. Theory is that with the larger tire it provides more crash absorption in the event of an accident thus they aren’t needed to pass safety standards.
That’s great, I missed that one. I could have sworn I saw them on Sasquatched Broncos, glad to hear they did away with them.
Sponsored