Aut-Lin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would've preferred the analog speedo to have been an analog tach, and then just have a digital speedo.
Every vehicle I have owned the tach has always been on the left of the dash.

Oh well ?‍♂
Sponsored

Sponsored

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think it looks good. But I would prefer dials/meters to a screen.
I look at screens all day, I have 4 open at the moment, but the end of the day my eyes are tired. Mechanical tach and speedo would be a lot easier to read.
But it is what it is, looks pretty. Probably won't be looking at it much unless I pass a cop, so there's that
You may have the option to display an analog format. They try to keep us Old Schoolers happy. ;)

Hemisfear

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Badlands Instrument Panel at Night - Pics 1605645946977

Ford Bronco Badlands Instrument Panel at Night - Pics 1605645946977

I gotta say between the two I think the JL's interior is much better looking, especially in the gauge cluster area. Much more sleek and classic looking. Bronco's is very obtuse and weird shaped. Jeep has digital where that's an improvement but analog where it's not. Also why TF does ford put so many dang buttons on their steering wheels?? I do like the hero switches and the overhead AUX switches to Jeep's boring push button ones.
Wow...I can’t believe I’m reading this?
Not only is the Jeep interior cluttered and dated, but the off road switches are all over the place...and we can get into the seats too if you like!
Geez!

Sponsored

Appalachia_Ewok

Base
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 PT Cruiser, '62 DeVille, '96 XJ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don't see it as dated, I see it as classic. Definitely has that skinny, kind of plain look like from an older jeep rather than the Bronco which looks more akin to the beefier 80s trucks to me.

bloominguez

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Br BD, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wow...I can’t believe I’m reading this?
Not only is the Jeep interior cluttered and dated, but the off road switches are all over the place...and we can get into the seats too if you like!
I think that the Bronco's overall interior is much cleaner and I prefer it (notwithstanding color issues) to the Wrangler. But people will look back at those instrument panel graphics and horrible design choices and laugh at them in future years, if the final version ends up looking like this. Using less than 10% of a graphical box to display a speed that is shown elsewhere. Possibly the worst tachometer display I've ever seen. A picture of the car I'm in that I just don't need. Mindless visual clutter.

Edit: I don't mean to sound too negative. This won't stop me from buying and enjoying a new Bronco. The instrument panel is a small part of the experience. It's just hard to tolerate what I see as fundamentally bad design.

Last edited:

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Amen to that.

I think the instrument panel shown in this thread looks horrific. Shine a lot of light at the driver for no reason. I just want the relevant information, presented in the best color. I have to say, of all the cars I've driven, BMW is the best I've found--at least in their older cars, not so much the new ones. Analog gauges, particularly the tachometer, in red/orange, please.

https://www.autoblog.com/2017/02/28/bmw-x4-toyota-tacoma-gauge-illumination/
https://www.bmwblog.com/2017/02/28/ever-wonder-bmws-gauge-cluster-lights-always-red/

I sure hope I can change or significantly dim that ugly blue screen on the Bronco.
As a 30+ year owner of BMWs (4 in the fleet at the moment) I can validate the reduced eye strain. My commute has me in the late fall and winter seasons driving one and a half hours every night during the work week to home, I can attest to the physics. The link you posted regarding the gauge color is a reprise of information published in automotive magazines from the 1970's (I think I first red it in Car and Driver). BMW isn't the only manufacturer, Pontiac also used red gauge lighting; maybe it was Bob Lutz's influence on both brands?

I just hope the screens in the New Broncos have a good dimming feature, or a night mode that reverses the color scheme. I live in a rural area where dimmed red gauges really help in sighting deer at night. BMW's lighting scheme really is a safety feature as was intended by the design.

Knowing Ford has set the Bronco final design for production, maybe a backwards-compatible swap to real analog gauges as a later redesign for the dash would be affordable endeavor to keep some of its engineers interested in the Bronco program. I'd be one owner game on swapping in a new gauge package if it became an option. Hint-hint.

Last edited: