Sponsored

Badlands Manual - Standard, Mid, or High Package?

manualT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I struggled with this, but I had chosen mid for heated seats and being able to open the door without hitting the button. I felt pretty soft for hitting that option, but I go skiing alot and trying to find keys in gear can be a pain.

TBH - If there was base 4door manual with no options I would go with that and just buy some wheels and tires, but once you start optioning up a BL at 50k, it feels like going with a few additional packages seems like a minor upcharge, Ford has realized how to get money out of our wallets, IMO.
Sponsored

OP
OP
NorthShoreBronco

NorthShoreBronco

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Badlands 2D, 22 BD 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Damnit guys! No help at all..... now I'm considering LUX... ffs

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

LUX. she wants the garage door opener. keeps the wife happy

Last edited:

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Sponsored

The_Phew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2.3L 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
all of the "aids" to enable/encourage/promote drivers to be less attentive are the opposite of what roadways need.
The data do not support your argument. Cars with ACC/Front collision avoidance have a whopping 45% reduction in frequency of rear-end collisions. Surely if this tech was making people less attentive, the correlation would be in the opposite direction.

Everyone thinks they are some super-driver that never makes mistakes, but how many of the FIVE MILLION plus accidents that happen on US roadways every year involved drivers that thought they were infallible?

Personally, I'm always amazed by the people that lug around a heavy/uncomfortable concealed handgun everywhere they go "for protection" (from a 1-in-a-million event) but drive around on bald tires in an old truck with no safety features (that is about a thousand times more likely to kill them than some whacko on a shooting spree). If they actually cared about 'protection', they'd divert some of their firearms/ammo budget to good tires and vehicles with better safety features.

Rear-end collision study

Last edited:

smrpilot

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Silverado 3500HD, '68 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You've got most of the nanny systems with the High package. The only thing you add with Lux is the adaptive cruise control, arguably the most useful of any of the nanny systems.
Yeah, for me, I didn't want the adaptive cruise or the evasive steering. And the other things would have been nice, but not needed. I'm happy with the High Package.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yeah, for me, I didn't want the adaptive cruise or the evasive steering. And the other things would have been nice, but not needed. I'm happy with the High Package.
Right, forgot about the evasive steering. Hopefully that never kicks in unless I actually need to steer evasively.

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I echo many previous poster’s logic and explanations - 7MT with High Package.

Sponsored

xmod

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, Toyo 4Runner TRD, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm going with the standard package, no upgrades. I don't need any fancy add ons, just the 2.3 and MT.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The data do not support your argument. Cars with ACC/Front collision avoidance have a whopping 45% reduction in frequency of rear-end collisions. Surely if this tech was making people less attentive, the correlation would be in the opposite direction.

Rear-end collision study
Small-scale studies of single-source technology aside, the matter has achieved it's own momentum within the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) and it is now being studied at large, which is a departure from it's stance in 2010 that driver aids reduced the overall number of accidents. Ironically, humans are overcoming the benefits of technology to kill themselves (and others) in wonderful new ways.

A small snippet from this article to whet your whistle onto the topic at large, instead of focusing on a single aspect of "driver disengagement" to encompass the technologies as a whole.

https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2020/11/iihs-study-underlines-the-perils-of-driver-disengagement/

"Researchers wanted to know exactly how complacent drivers could get by splitting subjects into two groups of 10. One group was given a Land Rover Range Rover Evoque equipped with adaptive cruise control (ACC), which automatically keeps the vehicle traveling at speeds selected by the driver while maintaining a pre-established following distance with the car ahead. The other group drove a Volvo S90 with both ACC and Pilot Assist — Volvo’s “partially automated” system that combines adaptive cruising with lane-centering technology that attempts to keep the car positioned safely in its lane.

Initially, researchers noticed no difference in the subjects’ driving habits. By the end of the month, however, the situation had changed dramatically. Drivers of the S90 were found to be 12 times more likely to remove both hands from the wheel than they were just 30 days earlier. Those in the Land Rover also saw their attentiveness degrade and checked their phones more often. But the overall increase in dangerous behavior was cited as less than that of those driving the Volvo.

“Drivers were more than twice as likely to show signs of disengagement after a month of using Pilot Assist compared with the beginning of the study,” said IIHS Senior Research Scientist Ian Reagan. “Compared with driving manually, they were more than 12 times as likely to take both hands off the wheel after they’d gotten used to how the lane centering worked.”

From IIHS:

Pilot Assist and similar systems like Tesla’s Autopilot, Cadillac’s Super Cruise and Mercedes-Benz’s Intelligent Drive are not designed to replace the driver. They have trouble negotiating many common road features, so the driver must be in control at all times. However, with the automation managing steering and speed — quite well in some cases — it’s easy for the driver to lose focus.
“This study supports our call for more robust ways of ensuring the driver is looking at the road and ready to take the wheel when using [SAE] Level 2 systems,” says Reagan. “It shows some drivers may be getting lulled into a false sense of security over time.”

manualT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Everyone thinks they are some super-driver that never makes mistakes, but how many of the FIVE MILLION plus accidents that happen on US roadways every year involved drivers that thought they were infallible?

Personally, I'm always amazed by the people that lug around a heavy/uncomfortable concealed handgun everywhere they go "for protection" (from a 1-in-a-million event) but drive around on bald tires in an old truck with no safety features (that is about a thousand times more likely to kill them than some weirdo on a shooting spree). If they actually cared about 'protection', they'd divert some of their firearms/ammo budget to good tires and vehicles with better safety features.

Rear-end collision study
Just to counterpoint slightly.....

I daily a Golf R and first thing I do is disable the ACC. It has stopped my car when driving out of a parking lot due to detection of the road as a possible collision point (coming out of a dip at low speed.) I was then stopped completely by the car as a truck is heading toward me outside of ACC radar but moving fast, because it wrongly thought that I was about to collide with the road.

This happens coming out of my driveway as well, it is odd when this happens, because you have no control over your car.

Not saying the tech is bad, but it is not perfect from my experiences.

Funksurfsoul

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2.3 Manual badlands with High PKG.. the heated steering wheel interested me - but from the get go, the evasive steering sounded strange with a off road vehicle and manual transmission. Would be open for info on this....
As for sound system (easy aftermarket upgrade)
Also there’s tons of heated steering wheel covers which you could likely set up to use one of your Aux switches.

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  1. Have eyes that may or may not work (this is tested, and you can still pass if legally blind)
Funny story, My wife is legally blind and doesn't drive anymore, but it was a point of pride to keep her drivers license. When it came time for renewal, she was certain (as was I) she wouldn't pass the eye exam portion of the renewal process. So I see her approach the little vision test box and she rattles through the letters no sweat. Surprised, I ask her how she did so well?

She had memorized the pattern from the person right before her... ?

Anyways, Badlands standard package, don't want all the extras.
Sponsored