Sponsored

Badlands MIC VIN Only, now I got window sticker and blend date?

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Yeah based on my past experience you wont get a notification when the window sticker is generated so you have to just keep checking.
Sponsored

e90steve

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am in the same boat and very curious about the situation. Been seeing the comments about MIC 2.0… My question is, don’t all previously delivered MIC builds, plus already built (dirt mountain) MIC builds take priority in receiving MIC 2.0 over new builds?
Ford hasn't been exactly clear about us misfit builds sitting on dirt mountain. They've used vague language in regards to their priority in the system. Unfortunately for us dirt mountain folk, unless Ford decides to be generous to us I think we are last man on the totem pole.

If you think about production, it's a lot easier for them to have all the MIC 2.0 tops available at the plant to simply bolt on cars coming off the production line vs. onsy twosy them onto cars off-site. It's a lot easier to ship built cars off the line as well. The logistics behind moving the dirt mountain crew around and installing the tops adds a ton more time vs the fresh off the assembly line ones. Combine that with the FE priority to get out the door and I think we will be the recipient of a here and there extra MIC 2.0 top when they have a few extra laying around. I see them delivering dirt mountain inventory sporadically into 2022. It wouldn't be that unusual for 2022/21 inventory to be shipping at the same time, I've seen plenty of other manufacturers where this happens.

The real question will be, are dealers willing to discount our 2021's when there is plenty of active 2022 inventory floating around. Or will Ford offer incentives on 2021's that will allow dealers to discount? Obviously the car is worth less as a 2021 but with the craziness of the industry right now who knows. They should discount them but will they? Probably not, they will tell us to just be happy with our previous year model new car, mud stained carpets and all.

Last edited:

XxGearheadxX

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am in the same boat and very curious about the situation. Been seeing the comments about MIC 2.0… My question is, don’t all previously delivered MIC builds, plus already built (dirt mountain) MIC builds take priority in receiving MIC 2.0 over new builds?
I think Ford will clear the Dirt Mountain before they begin new production.... but on the folks that have already been delivered, it could be a bit.... i don't even know that I have seen that they know how they are going to ship them out to the dealers yet.

OP
OP

loco_el

Badlands
First Name
Ricardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator EcoDiesel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
no email notification for me. I just check daily like any normal stalker would LOL
x2, I actually went to the Ford tracking site, got a new status in the tracker "In production" and window sticker was available.
No email or notification.

4xFord

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think Ford will clear the Dirt Mountain before they begin new production.... but on the folks that have already been delivered, it could be a bit.... i don't even know that I have seen that they know how they are going to ship them out to the dealers yet.
I wonder if the MICs are designed to stack on top of each other? Like a tower of red solo cups (I'm sure weight limits the number of units but you get what I'm saying). It would make for efficient storage and use of shop space. If so, I'd like to see them start shipping new builds with an extra hat so the dealers can start swapping out the delivered tops.

Sponsored

XxGearheadxX

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wonder if the MICs are designed to stack on top of each other? Like a tower of red solo cups (I'm sure weight limits the number of units but you get what I'm saying). It would make for efficient storage and use of shop space. If so, I'd like to see them start shipping new builds with an extra hat so the dealers can start swapping out the delivered tops.
Yea I dunno about that... cause it's different pieces... you have the panels and then the clamshell.... so I dunno that they could stack like that. But who knows

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Curious if you all got emails about the window sticker or if you just happened to check?
I checked only because of this thread. My last build date update came and went without any reschedule update so I had no idea when my next "proposed" build week would be.

It was a nice surprise, let's hope the pleasant surprise momentum keeps going.

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As of last Monday my dealer was showing 9/14 for my build date. So far no window sticker has populated. I am going to give it a few more days before I reach back out to them to see if it moved again.

4xFord

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yea I dunno about that... cause it's different pieces... you have the panels and then the clamshell.... so I dunno that they could stack like that. But who knows
If they're not stackable I'd think they could ship soft top Broncos tempoarily mounted with a replacement hard top and it's soft top stowed inside. The dealers could then swap out the tops during PDI and contact a delivered MIC owner. Just a thought, the logistics would be a challenge.

OP
OP

loco_el

Badlands
First Name
Ricardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator EcoDiesel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just an update.
The journey is over, Bronco got delivered to the dealer on 10/23 and I pick her up on 10/27,I really like the Bronco but there is some issues (as we all know) that Ford needs to resolve.

My complaints or dislikes in this 10 miles I have drove:

- Doors wont shut with a normal push, it needs to be pushed harder, this is true for most doors. I used to work in Ford and this was one of the quality gates on all vehicles before final release.
- Engine feels a little bit rough, maybe it needs to settle??
- Gaps, this thing got big panel gaps all around, including the tailgate.

Capture.PNG

IMG_0522.jpg
Sponsored