Sponsored

Badlands Non-SAS - Your Thoughts & Pics?

GrayEagleRider

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler (YJ) Subaru legacy KTM 690 Enduro R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
About the same MPGs as my wifes' AWD Mazda CX-9 running on premium. Not bad.
Sponsored

Scopebit

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I struggle with this decision all the time. I appreciate hearing everyone's satisfaction with 33's. I love the way the sasquatch looks on the 4 door, but I know I don't need it.

It still is a tough decision to make.
This and others here have solidified my thoughts on this subject. Thanks OP for this thread. Struggled for a long time but now am satisfied to stay non-SAS. My future stock Badlands will suffice.

Dreadnought

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A8L, cube, Corvair
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Perfectly happy with mine. Sas looks great on 4-door, but I think the key is how well the tires fill the wheel wells. Badlands 33s look good enough to me, especially in person.

D58B48A7-CC9C-45B2-ACBB-8C0D1920324E.jpeg

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I don't really understand the point of putting sasquatch on a Badlands. How much is the add-on for BL? (OBX person here) I know it's not as significant of a price jump on this trim, but It seems like money could be better spent elsewhere when the rig is already basically loaded up the same. You only lose what, .3 in gearing and 2" in tires?

I have to be a lil more cognizant of my clearances compared to my friend's who have 35s & lifts, etc... but doesn't the BL have the same shocks as the sasquatch anyway?

The optional Badlands wheels are just *chef's kiss* anyways. Maybe I'm bias since I have a lil OBX poser... but the 33s fit the Bronco perfectly. I don't have tire envy so bad anymore, lol.

Ford Bronco Badlands Non-SAS - Your Thoughts & Pics? PXL_20220704_165115178

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't really understand the point of putting sasquatch on a Badlands. How much is the add-on for BL? (OBX person here) I know it's not as significant of a price jump on this trim, but It seems like money could be better spent elsewhere when the rig is already basically loaded up the same. You only lose what, .3 in gearing and 2" in tires?

I have to be a lil more cognizant of my clearances compared to my friend's who have 35s & lifts, etc... but doesn't the BL have the same shocks as the sasquatch anyway?

The optional Badlands wheels are just *chef's kiss* anyways. Maybe I'm bias since I have a lil OBX poser... but the 33s fit the Bronco perfectly. I don't have tire envy so bad anymore, lol.

PXL_20220704_165115178.jpg
I think it's about 4k to add Squatch to the BL. Used to be about 2500, which wasnt bad.
The Squatch coilovers are around 0.47" taller than BL coilovers, still the same Bilsteins. And the Squatch gains another inch clearance due to 35's. Really not a big difference between the two.

Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My biggest ordering struggle (like many others have) is SAS or Non-SAS, especially since I’ll already be getting the 33’s with my Badlands order. For those Badlands owners with Non-SAS have you found you’re satisfied with the Non-SAS? I’ve seen the Badlands SAS in person, but still haven’t seen a Badlands Non-SAS in person to gauge actual wheel/tire size.

I’d love to hear your thoughts with pics of your Non-SAS Badlands. Thanks in advance!
I have 14K miles on my non-sq Badlands. I have wheeled a fair amount and gone almost anywhere my fellow sq equipped Broncos have. I personally love the 33" tire for it's balance of on and off-road performance, lower replacement cost and better mileage. If I were doing a lot of rocks or deep mud, my opinion would likely differ.

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm happy with my 33s. I thought about 33s vs 35s more than any other option, and came to the conclusion the the only reason to get 35s were for the cool look. For all other practical reasons, especially on a daily driver (unless you're seriously offroading) the 33s were the better option. When I look at other Broncos, I feel like the "32s" on the Outer Banks are too small, the 35s tires are "big, but not too big" and the 33s on the Badlands are the "normal" size that fits the vehicle just right... they look neither too big or too small, if that makes sense.

Also, I'll tell you I'm 6'1" with longish legs (33-34 inseam) and I still have to step up in to, and "slide out" of the vehicle. My mom can't get in without my help.
Similar to how I made my decision. There are three Jeep Rubicons in our lot. Two have 35s, one 33s. I prefer the 33s. It looks nicer and likely drives better in the city, where I drive 95% of the time. And then I read (and heard from experts) how great the 33s are off road. Couple that with the ability to upgrade fairly easily and non-SAS I went.

I have a second reservation through Granger. My backup plan is to flip that order to SAS if the look feels wrong after getting Bronco #1. Time will tell. I expect to get that Bronco about this time next year so I’ll have enough time with Bronco #1 to make the call.

I will also decide, cactus versus eruption at that time. Bronco #1 doesn’t have towing so that’s getting sold or moved to my wife regardless.

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My biggest ordering struggle (like many others have) is SAS or Non-SAS, especially since I’ll already be getting the 33’s with my Badlands order. For those Badlands owners with Non-SAS have you found you’re satisfied with the Non-SAS? I’ve seen the Badlands SAS in person, but still haven’t seen a Badlands Non-SAS in person to gauge actual wheel/tire size.

I’d love to hear your thoughts with pics of your Non-SAS Badlands. Thanks in advance!
Thanks for starting this thread. Awesome to see some stock Badlands in the wild. It's kinda difficult to find some good info on the non squatch BL's.

I only have an order placed, but I chose the stock 7MT BL for the same reasons listed above. Shares all the important gear as the Sasquatch, and I really don't like the Squatch Beadlocks, I have no need for them, plus, I love the factory BL wheels. Mine will be a daily driver, with the intention of hitting trails or taking the family camping and such, not to mention the In-Law's live just outside Moab.

Old photo, but the Badlands appears to be pretty tall as it is.
Ford Bronco Badlands Non-SAS - Your Thoughts & Pics? 9D5D5CFB-882C-4531-9AC9-6C773B92062B

Shane78

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I love mine. Myself, it’s a daily driver that I will take off road a 5-10 times a year. So the MPG hit isn’t worth it. I also don’t care about showing off, never been into driving big lifted vehicles so I look cool (maybe because I’m not cool lol). I will say, Sas does look good on the 4 door, but 4 doors aren’t really Broncos 🤣🤣
Ford Bronco Badlands Non-SAS - Your Thoughts & Pics? 9D5D5CFB-882C-4531-9AC9-6C773B92062B
What kinda MPG do you get? Jw

Sponsored

Alpha1_Silverback

Badlands
First Name
AARON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Perfectly happy with mine. Sas looks great on 4-door, but I think the key is how well the tires fill the wheel wells. Badlands 33s look good enough to me, especially in person.

Good looking vehicle you have there!

Dad life

Base
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, Tundra, GX470
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Completely happy with my 4 door standard Badlands. I went to the Off Rodeo in Moab last fall and chose the Badlands with 33s just to see how it would do. It handled everything the ones with Sas did and that is more than I will ever need. I actually like the look of the 33s rather than the wider flares of the Sas. I also was not a fan of the Sas wheels and tires.
Same at the Austin OR. I was in a wildtrak behind a BL (non sas) and his rig did everything easily. There were 2 BL there and they did great compared to all the sasquatch’d models. It just came down to drivers and lines. And I don’t plan on doing anything more dramatic than these parks.

Looking back, I have def considered switching to a BL vs my basesquatch 2 door, but I‘m just cheap and don’t want to spend that much extra.

UpstateNY585

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If it has not already been mentioned, if you plan on taking the doors off, it will be a much easier task with the 33"'s. I also have a low clearance garage, and had I ordered the SAS package, my Bronco would not have fit, or would have barely. With the 33's I have enough just clearance in my garage to use pulleys to raise the hard top off enough to take off.

sklnbnzaz

Badlands
First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Toyed with putting 35's on after this run but no clearance issues. Love it!

IMG_3457.jpeg

IMG_4061.jpeg
Sponsored