Sponsored

Badlands non squatch shock length same as Sasquatch shock length, but different.

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Decided against it in favor of Icon shocks. Haven't put those on yet either.
Got it. I would also like to maximize the articulation out of my Badlands, however my wallet isnt as deep as Big Meats, or to justify replacing the Bilsteins.
Sponsored

OP
OP

CyberOrangeBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Got it. I would also like to maximize the articulation out of my Badlands, however my wallet isnt as deep as Big Meats, or to justify replacing the Bilsteins.
Big Meats has been maximizing articulation with the Bilsteins.

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Big Meats has been maximizing articulation with the Bilsteins.
You're right. I was thinking about the RC knuckles and frankensteining diff drops. Cutting bump stops is free though.

RubyRedGT

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco. Sold the 1968 and 2015 mustang GTs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry to resurrect an old conversation, but how did that RC level work out? Putting a spacer in the back fit ok?
The largest spacer you can fit in rear using the existing shock assembly studs is about 1/4” because the studs are not long enough for a larger spacer. Also, note that unlike the front, since the rear is a solid axle setup and the shocks are at an angle, you get less lift than the thickness of the spacer instead of more. I just installed Zone 1” rear lift using their 1.25” spacer and studs.

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The largest spacer you can fit in rear using the existing shock assembly studs is about 1/4” because the studs are not long enough for a larger spacer. Also, note that unlike the front, since the rear is a solid axle setup and the shocks are at an angle, you get less lift than the thickness of the spacer instead of more. I just installed Zone 1” rear lift using their 1.25” spacer and studs.
Good info, thanks. Ive been eyeballing the Broncbuster 1.5" strut spacer lift. Just a little boost. Nothing major.

Sponsored

RubyRedGT

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good info, thanks. Ive been eyeballing the Broncbuster 1.5" strut spacer lift. Just a little boost. Nothing major.
Nice ok. The 1” added to my Badlands rear made a big difference. Already had 1” Zone level in front. I don’t have any new pics yet.

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice ok. The 1” added to my Badlands rear made a big difference. Already had 1” Zone level in front. I don’t have any new pics yet.
Post em up when you get some shots. I do want more belly clearance, and maybe some more fender clearance. I also have a winch and a mount to go on the front, so I'm concerned about losing some ride height in front, but I also want to avoid leveling out the front so it's higher than the rear. Picky picky, I know.

RubyRedGT

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Post em up when you get some shots. I do want more belly clearance, and maybe some more fender clearance. I also have a winch and a mount to go on the front, so I'm concerned about losing some ride height in front, but I also want to avoid leveling out the front so it's higher than the rear. Picky picky, I know.
Totally understand. I’ll be adding 1/2” more to the front using the tiny perch collar that came with the Zone 2” lift (I previously installed the small spacer from Zone 1” level kit, and I won’t be using the large top spacers that came with their 2” lift). This will result in final lift of about 1.5” front and 1” rear, on top of the small factory lift that Badlands has over base trucks.

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Totally understand. I’ll be adding 1/2” more to the front using the tiny perch collar that came with the Zone 2” lift (I previously installed the small spacer from Zone 1” level kit, and I won’t be using the large top spacers that came with their 2” lift). This will result in final lift of about 1.5” front and 1” rear, on top of the small factory lift that Badlands has over base trucks.
Got the winch installed. I dont really notice much difference in height, course I was in a rush and didnt measure.

20221114_172427_HDR.jpg

20221114_174016.jpg

RubyRedGT

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got the winch installed. I dont really notice much difference in height, course I was in a rush and didnt measure.

Ford Bronco Badlands non squatch shock length same as Sasquatch shock length, but different. 20221114_174016

Ford Bronco Badlands non squatch shock length same as Sasquatch shock length, but different. 20221114_174016
Nice, looking good! Truck looks pretty level. What size tires? I’m running 305/70R17 (a full 34”) which I got before truck arrived in summer 2021 because I was concerned that 315s or 35s might be too tight a fit.

Sponsored

BroncoPls!

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rivian R1S, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Decided against it in favor of Icon shocks. Haven't put those on yet either.
I just installed the Icon shocks up front to level my SAS BL 2 door. Works & rides nice!

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just installed the Icon shocks up front to level my SAS BL 2 door. Works & rides nice!
I like to hear that. I only got the fronts too, and got some V6 springs since I'm putting a winch on.

BroncoPls!

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rivian R1S, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like to hear that. I only got the fronts too, and got some V6 springs since I'm putting a winch on.
I had major front end droop (2”) after installing a Maxlider bumper, grille guard & winch. Used the factory SAS springs with the Icons.

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice, looking good! Truck looks pretty level. What size tires? I’m running 305/70R17 (a full 34”) which I got before truck arrived in summer 2021 because I was concerned that 315s or 35s might be too tight a fit.
Thanks! I think there's just a touch of sag in the front, if at all. The tires are 315.70.r17. According to Firestone, they are 34.4" overall. They sit pretty close to the upper control arm, but no contact at full lock. I set up a ramp at work and flexed the front and back. No contact that I saw or felt.
I havent come across any definite answers whether or not 35's(315's) fit on a stock Badlands, so I gave it a go myself.

RubyRedGT

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great ok! Not the best pics but it’s crappy cold rain out today. This is after adding 1” Zone spacers in back. I still need to add the additional 0.5” lift upfront.

Ford Bronco Badlands non squatch shock length same as Sasquatch shock length, but different. E02096DC-54E0-4AC9-9453-B1A56CF12A65

Ford Bronco Badlands non squatch shock length same as Sasquatch shock length, but different. 451FB585-5C97-4F92-864B-8CD9762AEDBF
Sponsored