Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

• Signature head/tail lights. People discount this, however, the light output will be significantly higher with signature..
Huh, I had not heard this. How much of a significant difference is it?
Sponsored

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I am also caught in this dilemma. I had decided to go BL, but the wife was looking over my shoulder and said no to the orange interior trim, so ordered BD with Sas. I was a late reservation and I would imagine I will get bumped to 2022. Does anyone know if there will be more interior options for MY22? Would love the have the BL with a different interior.
I am no expert by my experience in life more often than not is go with your gut feeling permitting that the budget is workable.

WPS-GHG!

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Rebel, 2021 BD Sas Mid 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah that's cute. I don't think I know anybody that can go out and drop $50k+ without any input from their spouse, esp on a truck she will probably drive as much as I do. But if you can that's great, maybe sometime we can hang out, you can give me lessons in your awesome manliness.

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah that's cute. I don't think I know anybody that can go out and drop $50k+ without any input from their spouse, esp on a truck she will probably drive as much as I do. But if you can that's great, maybe sometime we can hang out, you can give me lessons in your awesome manliness.
lol... Mine is going to be over 73k with tax in Canada and the wife has zero input on what I want in MY new Bronco. I only asked her opinion on things, I didn't change anything I had put on my wishlist tho regardless of her opinion. Like I said, MY BRONCO.. lol Cactus Grey 2.7 non squatch, with the 12" screen and high package. Didn't want to lose the badlands suspension... (1" lift and the blisteins) and the only reason the squatch is bigger/higher due to the 2" bigger tires. I'll get my own wheels/tires (I already have) I like and get some proper flares myself. They so change out in 5mins so that's no biggie.

Reactions: MVP

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oddly, mine does not really want to hear about it - I've gone back and forth on the "MGV vs Leather" route and the best she came back with was "How long has it been since you haven't had power seats - like forever, right? But get whatever you want." The unspoken (but clearly heard) part was more like "8 months and you really still haven't decided what you want?" (I did order MGV)

Sponsored

Dr.Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I asked mine what color looks better and she said "it doesn't matter, your going to get whatever you want anyways. I never liked red cars"

got back from dealer.."what color did you end up getting"...
Me-Rapid Red.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Huh, I had not heard this. How much of a significant difference is it?
There has not been clear documentation about what the differences are. And I should be more upfront that I have some assumption here as is very typical with headlight upgrades based on the trim of a vehicle there is traditionally a discrepency in the light output and usually from an "upper level" technology.

• We saw this when cars had optional HID headlights and base incandescent headlights
  • This happened again as LED's began to replace HID lamps due to lower cost/complexity and increased light output.
Officially all Ford says about the "Base" headlight is this:
Ford Bronco Badlands NonSasquatch vs Black Diamond Sasquatch 1615053801367

And what they say about the signature lights is this:
Ford Bronco Badlands NonSasquatch vs Black Diamond Sasquatch 1615053842985

Ford Bronco Badlands NonSasquatch vs Black Diamond Sasquatch 1615053859694

So from this general description it does not indicate there is a significant difference between the primary headlamp of the two types (base/Signature). However, having seen pictures of the near-production broncos there are differences between the lamps and i'm inclined to believe that Bronco is following every other Ford (and other OEM's) methodology where up-charge trim levels receive headlight hardware upgrades.

It's also an abundantly obvious and low-cost, high-margin upgrade to have on your signature vehicles/models.

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don’t reckon the few little stripes on grab handles and a few stitches, that I’m never gonna pay attention to anyway, are enough to make me consider downgrading.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I decided I wanted the High package with the SBD and the Sig LED lights, so bumped up to the BL non sas. I will be towing behind my MH and just do not want those big hevy tires & wheels on it, trying to keep the weight at -5K

NurseA.J

Outer Banks
First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outerbanks Sasquatch Lux 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My husband had zero input - by his choice. His thought is that it’s my vehicle so get what I want. SOOO I DID!!! 2door Badlands Rapid Red ,2.7, Lux PKG, MIC top and some other add ons. I think secretly he’s intrigued. Lol. I went NON SAS because I’m only 4’11” and don’t need it! I’m super excited and I do believe once it’s delivered he will grow to love it 😍. But ITS ALWAYS MY BRONCO!!!!

Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sounds like I'm not the only one getting a BL despite the horrible yellorange accents. It defies reason that Ford signed off on it. Not quite as bad as the $49-51k base (don't forget it was supposed to have $1900 of mod top baked in) Wildtrak with camo cloth (add a couple grand to get rid of it). Why Ford believes there is a big market for camo interiors in a vehicle that base prices at $50 thousand dollars will never make sense to me.

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It wouldn't work, you're too far gone.
Ford Bronco Badlands NonSasquatch vs Black Diamond Sasquatch tenor
Can't be too manly with a SLK32. Just saying. There are more manly convertible Mercedes out there.

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don’t reckon the few little stripes on grab handles and a few stitches, that I’m never gonna pay attention to anyway, are enough to make me consider downgrading.
Well the grab handles have "bronco bolts" anyways. Lol. So I'm pretty sure there will be lots of options....
Sponsored