Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I decided I wanted the High package with the SBD and the Sig LED lights, so bumped up to the BL non sas. I will be towing behind my MH and just do not want those big hevy tires & wheels on it, trying to keep the weight at -5K
I have some much lighter (assuming) wheels and Toyo Open Country CT 33's cause I may want to tow toooo lol
Sponsored

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have been going back and forth between BL and BD for months. I placed my initial order for a 2D BL high package non saS. I really have wanted that 12” screen and led heads, tails and BL grill.

However I think I am now on board with dropping down to BD and actually deciding to go with SAS. I was going to go non-sas and get my own aftermarket wheels And tires. But realizing I was already adding advanced 4x4, moving up to SAS is only another $3400. I cant do wheels, tires and a lift for close to that. SO I think BD SAS it is.

I know i will be able to find and swap grills, lights we will see what happens, if they aren’t easy to swap I am sure aftermarket will have some good options.

What finally steered me from the 12” screen was watching the video walkthrough. Sync 4 is really only designed for the 8” screen the other 4 is for the family useless side panel. While the 360 camera is cool, I really dont need it. SO BD SAS will save $3100 over BL High package. Ugh, think i am finally done.

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Can't be too manly with a SLK32. Just saying. There are more manly convertible Mercedes out there.
The other ***** whipped one....hilarious!!! That's the car my daughter drives!!

Dude just own it! Your wife won't let you have the car you want.

Jacobmic

Base
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F150, 2008 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I know it has been debated and discussed on multiple threads but my delima still isn't resolved as to which build to move forward with as i am newbie to the off-roading world.

My Bronco will not be a daily driver but I want as much as my $50k budget will allow for off road fun! Once I purchase the vehicle I wont have any budget for upgrades for a couple years so I need the best off the line build for my budget.

So, it comes down to two builds. The Sasquatch on the Black Diamond or Badlands on 33s with the swaybar disconnect. For off-road capability which of the two builds is the better option?

Thanks for the input.
Build Your Bronco

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It's also an abundantly obvious and low-cost, high-margin upgrade to have on your signature vehicles/models.
This I wholeheartedly agree with. It is an $895 upgrade on BB to get $10 worth of product.

Sponsored

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The other ***** whipped one....hilarious!!! That's the car my daughter drives!!

Dude just own it! Your wife won't let you have the car you want.
Sure she will. Like I said...I don't care on accent color and she has a preference. I've had Pinzguaers and a Unimog so I'm quite comfortable with buying what I want. You talk a big game...funny. Troll. And user block activated....now.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This I wholeheartedly agree with. It is an $895 upgrade on BB to get $10 worth of product.
Not sure you'll get the price difference down to that.
I've seen water cooled single diode LED putting out an ungodly number of lumens that was nearing a million dollars for the setup.

Even vendors on here such as Diode Dynamics or whoever that lamp maker was will attest that while an LED might be low-cost, having a proper automotive grade lamp built to run flawlessly for a hundred thousand hours is no $10 part.

WPS-GHG!

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Rebel, 2021 BD Sas Mid 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It wouldn't work, you're too far gone.
tenor.gif
Oh darn, I'm so disappointed. the opinions of internet tough guys with snappy memes mean so much to me.

So back to the original question, does anyone have any info on changes for MY22 interiors?

Coldsmoke

Badlands
First Name
Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have been going back and forth between BL and BD for months. I placed my initial order for a 2D BL high package non saS. I really have wanted that 12” screen and led heads, tails and BL grill.

However I think I am now on board with dropping down to BD and actually deciding to go with SAS. I was going to go non-sas and get my own aftermarket wheels And tires. But realizing I was already adding advanced 4x4, moving up to SAS is only another $3400. I cant do wheels, tires and a lift for close to that. SO I think BD SAS it is.

I know i will be able to find and swap grills, lights we will see what happens, if they aren’t easy to swap I am sure aftermarket will have some good options.

What finally steered me from the 12” screen was watching the video walkthrough. Sync 4 is really only designed for the 8” screen the other 4 is for the family useless side panel. While the 360 camera is cool, I really dont need it. SO BD SAS will save $3100 over BL High package. Ugh, think i am finally done.
I don't want to send you back into mental vaporlock thinking about the BD versus BL conundrum but you may want to reconsider the 12" screen. (I''ve been there done that myself for several months but also had the BB and OBX in the "feature mix").

Anyway, If you look closely at the KOH videos you'll notice a significant difference between the 8" and 12" displays. The 12" is much brighter and crisper of a display, not to mentioned the 50% increase in real estate for viewing trail and road maps. But the other thing that is significant is the "side panel" which you referenced can be hidden, or not displayed at all by swiping it to the right, (that is shown on the video overview as well). Ford refers to this as the "information on Demand Panel". Of course, the other benefit are the trail camera displays that come with the high package, (I have the scaled down version on my 2020 Explorer and it is helpful in a variety of ways).

BTW, after months of machinations between the BB, BD, OBX, and BL, I finally wound up with the non-SAS BL plus high package. Go big or go home I guess. 😁

Wizard1183

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Sierra/ 2010 Camaro 2SS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't want to send you back into mental vaporlock thinking about the BD versus BL conundrum but you may want to reconsider the 12" screen. (I''ve been there done that myself for several months but also had the BB and OBX in the "feature mix").

Anyway, If you look closely at the KOH videos you'll notice a significant difference between the 8" and 12" displays. The 12" is much brighter and crisper of a display, not to mentioned the 50% increase in real estate for viewing trail and road maps. But the other thing that is significant is the "side panel" which you referenced can be hidden, or not displayed at all by swiping it to the right, (that is shown on the video overview as well). Ford refers to this as the "information on Demand Panel". Of course, the other benefit are the trail camera displays that come with the high package, (I have the scaled down version on my 2020 Explorer and it is helpful in a variety of ways).

BTW, after months of machinations between the BB, BD, OBX, and BL, I finally wound up with the non-SAS BL plus high package. Go big or go home I guess. 😁
Yes cause everyone with a 12” screen is super pumped to have to view the trail. Like as is if the damn thing will ever see a trail? 🤣

I think Ford should’ve gone to at minimum 32” 8K OLED on the dash. That way you can’t miss anything with its crystal clear vision.....

Sponsored

Coldsmoke

Badlands
First Name
Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes cause everyone with a 12” screen is super pumped to have to view the trail. Like as is if the damn thing will ever see a trail? 🤣

I think Ford should’ve gone to at minimum 32” 8K OLED on the dash. That way you can’t miss anything with its crystal clear vision.....
I'd be down for that. Hell, while they're at it just make the whole windshield a display and be done with it. 😀

Wizard1183

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd be down for that. Hell, while they're at it just make the whole windshield a display and be done with it. 😀
Exactly! With night vision windshield

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am considering changing my order to sasquatch but the fat fender flairs have to go. Does anyone know the part numbers of the non-sasquatch flairs?, I did not see them in the accessory guide.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Exactly. Screen sizes in cars are getting to be like TVs at home. I laugh every time I go to someones house that has a little 15'x20' living room with an 80" OLED on the wall. Ridiculous. You get car sick watching it. Our Expedition has the 8" screen and I thought it was too much. I read an article a few months back that ads and commercials will start being put on them.🤨
Anyways, I get it for the rock crawling guys, it is probably useful. I am just glad Ford got both screens to fit in the dash instead of having them stick out, that would have been a deal breaker for me.

Wizard1183

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Exactly. Screen sizes in cars are getting to be like TVs at home. I laugh every time I go to someones house that has a little 15'x20' living room with an 80" OLED on the wall. Ridiculous. You get car sick watching it. Our Expedition has the 8" screen and I thought it was too much. I read an article a few months back that ads and commercials will start being put on them.🤨
Anyways, I get it for the rock crawling guys, it is probably useful. I am just glad Ford got both screens to fit in the dash instead of having them stick out, that would have been a deal breaker for me.
Oh I believe that! The minute it’s the norm to watch your screen in your car instead of driving and basically have its own data plan? Commercials galore. It’ll be youtube2.0
Sponsored