Trea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Maybe we can swap your 35s for my 33s 😂 I also will be a 22 and I’m holding out hope they will add MGV to Wildtrak. That’s the only reason why I’m not going that route
I have a Wildtrak order but prefer the MGV and washout floors. Considering moving to BL but not sure I want to pay an extra $3k for the comparable BL build. I continue to experience major price creep.
Sponsored

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hear you on the price creep. I finally set an upper limit price on what I thought was rational for the Bronco, regardless of trim or options. From there, I built the best Bronco that fit my needs and wants that came in under that amount. Otherwise, I'd still be waffling over options and accessories. I'll leave the rest to the aftermarket.

Robertriley

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK, 36 ford convertible, 59 MGA, 57 Mercedes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hear you on the price creep. I finally set an upper limit price on what I thought was rational for the Bronco, regardless of trim or options. From there, I built the best Bronco that fit my needs and wants that came in under that amount. Otherwise, I'd still be waffling over options and accessories. I'll leave the rest to the aftermarket.
The price creep was out hard on me. I just wanted a simple base with Sasquatch but want the Area 51 color. It was way too easy to justify the next model until I hit the BL. It seemed to have the best set up and bigger tires can come later. I ended up going 10k my first build. Have have to say, great marketing Ford.

MVP

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wait we were supposed to ask our wives?

whatever way you try to justify it to yourself you are going to be getting the lesser vehicle by downgrading to BD. Badlands is THE off-road model to get. It will have the best articulation. If you want 35’s in the future all you have to do is get new wheels and maybe some a leveling spacer.

Ask your wife if you should spend the same money for a lesser vehicle just because it has orange accents that you won’t even see because you are sitting on them.

Also why even get the off-road versions at that point. If she is bothered by the color will she be ok with it going off-road and getting dirty, scratched, broken?

Sponsored

Robertriley

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK, 36 ford convertible, 59 MGA, 57 Mercedes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wait we were supposed to ask our wives?

whatever way you try to justify it to yourself you are going to be getting the lesser vehicle by downgrading to BD. Badlands is THE off-road model to get. It will have the best articulation. If you want 35’s in the future all you have to do is get new wheels and maybe some a leveling spacer.

Ask your wife if you should spend the same money for a lesser vehicle just because it has orange accents that you won’t even see because you are sitting on them.

Also why even get the off-road versions at that point. If she is bothered by the color will she be ok with it going off-road and getting dirty, scratched, broken?
lol. Yesterday, I had a friend tell me that he was going to run it his wife about the Bronco. I immediately replied, "If that's the case, maybe you shouldn't have one after all."

chowfun27

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 392
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm in this exact same conundrum and need to finalize my decision ASAP. I've looked at pretty much every possible build option and it's come down between these 2 builds as I'd really like the MGV interior for all our dogs.

I was set on the BD w/ 2.7, Squatch, Mid, MIC top & Tow. With Granger pricing however, a BL w/ 2.7, High, MIC top & Tow is only $2k more. With the BL, it comes with everything the Squatch offers on the BD minus the 4.7 gears and 35" tires. My brain says the BL is the better buy at only $2k more with the extra included goodies but I was so dead set on the Squatch package.

Adding the Squatch to the BL would make it a $4.5k difference over the BD though and I don't feel that's worth it for the signature lighting, high package, and auto sway bar disconnect.

Xploit

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have gone from originally wanting a OB at reveal to then BB, BL and WT to finally going back to BL. For me, the width of the tires SAS and those enormous flares, sent me back to BL with high package and the 285 tires. I think I’m really done now. Let’s hope.

Thane

Badlands
First Name
Thane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 FJ Cruiser, 21 JLURXR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Been holding off changing order between the BD SAS and BL with High... watching KOH videos/demos like all of us...
Then I went on Landrover's site and ran the entire build to order program for a Defender. Endless amount of trivial options, really unbelievable. Put things into perspective real quick.

Like a slap in the face, I am back to Sas 2.7 Base, and take the $7-10k difference from the BD sas/BL 2.7, and buy some real trail capability upgrades, rock rails, Kings coilover suspension, high clearance bumpers, built in aux fuel tank.

That BL "most capable" elec swaybar disconnect just faded away... like a Defender with added ATPC (advanced Off-Road Capability Pack)... moot.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

BTW, after months of machinations between the BB, BD, OBX, and BL, I finally wound up with the non-SAS BL plus high package. Go big or go home I guess. 😁
Interesting thoughts. I came into this truck as Area51 and Squatch. Both fringe science/conspiracy things which I dig! I'm trying to justify NOT getting Squatch and A51. Just feel that I would be regretting it.

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm in this exact same conundrum and need to finalize my decision ASAP. I've looked at pretty much every possible build option and it's come down between these 2 builds as I'd really like the MGV interior for all our dogs.

I was set on the BD w/ 2.7, Squatch, Mid, MIC top & Tow. With Granger pricing however, a BL w/ 2.7, High, MIC top & Tow is only $2k more. With the BL, it comes with everything the Squatch offers on the BD minus the 4.7 gears and 35" tires. My brain says the BL is the better buy at only $2k more with the extra included goodies but I was so dead set on the Squatch package.

Adding the Squatch to the BL would make it a $4.5k difference over the BD though and I don't feel that's worth it for the signature lighting, high package, and auto sway bar disconnect.
I like your evaluation. The biggest thing keeping me away from the High package is actually the signature front lights. If I knew the directional part of those lights could be configured to amber then it might be easier for me to do the BL or WT. Just really dig the basic headlight look!

Architect

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have chased my tale around these same iterations, including sticking with the std BD and trying to buy a set of BL 33's off of someone going up to 37's. Finally decided I wanted the upgraded suspension, and didn't want the lead-footed wife driving around with a speedometer reading 2 or 3 mph low. So for now I am going with the BD Squatch, and if the 35's are too loud will try to trade down to BL's 33's. The suspension will be right and the speedometer will read high, which is fine. Still hoping for better interior options when I get bounced to MY22....
Amen regarding better interiors for ‘22. A black dash option would solve half the problem.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Went from BB without Squatch to BB with Squatch then BD with Squatch after Supercel East. I wish the 8th would hurry up before I end up spending another $10k.

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have gone from originally wanting a OB at reveal to then BB, BL and WT to finally going back to BL. For me, the width of the tires SAS and those enormous flares, sent me back to BL with high package and the 285 tires. I think I’m really done now. Let’s hope.
This is that exact package 12,500 miles on it and loving it more every day (excuse the cheese). Running out of places to put lights on it tho 🤣

61B2E84A-4923-47CA-BE74-F20BC1B23FDF.jpeg
Sponsored