Sponsored

Badlands onboard air - is there a mount for under the hood for ARB air compressor?

Jwill66

Black Diamond
First Name
jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have been looking at the ARB compressors is there a mount for under the hood?
Sponsored

Rough Rider

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They had one at the Easter Safari reveal. They may still be working on it. You can drop them a line and let us know though!

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Be aware that all the failures I've heard of are underhood due to heat and grit, the ARB twins are too expensive for what they are and placing them where they tend to fail...

Destroyer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Chevy SWB NBS, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I doubt anyone makes one yet. I have a ARB dual compressor under the hood of my JK. If I was to do it again, I'd probably mount it inside the cab somewhere like under the front seats or in the storage area behind rear seats. After a day of wheeling with very low speeds, the compressor gets VERY hot in the engine bay. Were talking immediate burns to your hands on the aluminum cooling fins if you touched it. So much so that I usually have to give it a few short breaks to fill back up my 37s.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Be aware that all the failures I've heard of are underhood due to heat and grit, the ARB twins are too expensive for what they are and placing them where they tend to fail...
Would this fit in the rear storage compartment, under the floor of the cargo area?

Sponsored

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Would this fit in the rear storage compartment, under the floor of the cargo area?
I would mount it to a drawered box with Anderson [electrical] connectors that I'd remove from the vehicle when not in use, and be useful in other vehicles. Place it on top where it would get plenty of airflow. The box would be lashed down to the tie down points in the rear cargo area.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ARB has shown one but no word on when it'll be produced. And there's been a Ford one listed in accessory catalogues. No word on that one either.

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2021 Lincoln Corsair
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would mount it to a drawered box with Anderson [electrical] connectors that I'd remove from the vehicle when not in use, and be useful in other vehicles. Place it on top where it would get plenty of airflow. The box would be lashed down to the tie down points in the rear cargo area.
That's my exact set up I've been using for years. I originally got it for my JK and have just kept it since. I cut the cables above the alligator clips and installed Anderson power pole connectors. Right now, since I don't have my power run in the Bronco yet, I have been using the alligator clips, but plan on getting power run back into the cabin this weekend, just have to figure out where I want the box installed...

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just bring this along since I switch between vehicles when hitting trails. Not much space under the hood with the 2.7 and like others stated, heat is an issue.

885E31B2-76C6-4DFF-B219-78FDF9F93B07.jpeg

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I picked up a Viair 88P for $65 off Amazon, it lives in it's own bag and works for most reasons as long as you're aware of duty cycles and heat management. I have a Viair 10005 kit I bought before the price neatly doubled for my RV and have yet to install it... I may use these in concert on a box top with the tank inside behind the drawers and disconnects. Still chewing on these.

Sponsored

BR0NCO

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I hope we are able to mount one under a seat

R.A.N.M.J.

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just bring this along since I switch between vehicles when hitting trails. Not much space under the hood with the 2.7 and like others stated, heat is an issue.

Ford Bronco Badlands onboard air - is there a mount for under the hood for ARB air compressor? 885E31B2-76C6-4DFF-B219-78FDF9F93B07
Which kit is this, exactly?

projectbadlands

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I doubt anyone makes one yet. I have a ARB dual compressor under the hood of my JK. If I was to do it again, I'd probably mount it inside the cab somewhere like under the front seats or in the storage area behind rear seats. After a day of wheeling with very low speeds, the compressor gets VERY hot in the engine bay. Were talking immediate burns to your hands on the aluminum cooling fins if you touched it. So much so that I usually have to give it a few short breaks to fill back up my 37s.
I have a dual mounted underneath the hood... right under my coolant reservoir to be exact. After a good day of wheeling, I refill my 35s with no issue. Sometimes, other people ask to use my compressor as well and I have not had any issues with it.

Destroyer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Chevy SWB NBS, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a dual mounted underneath the hood... right under my coolant reservoir to be exact. After a good day of wheeling, I refill my 35s with no issue. Sometimes, other people ask to use my compressor as well and I have not had any issues with it.
I should have been a bit more clear. The compressor doesn't shut off or fail, I just choose to give it breaks because of the heat. I've also observed on some occasions that the compressor makes a very distinct and different noise that doesn't sound great. It gets worse the longer it runs, and the more heat it generates.
Also might depend on how much you air down with your 35s comparatively to my 37s. I'm typically only aired down to 17/18psi...will make sure I have a nice set of beadlocks for the bronco so I can go lower
Sponsored