Sponsored

Badlands onboard air - is there a mount for under the hood for ARB air compressor?

STLDAVE

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I just bring this along since I switch between vehicles when hitting trails. Not much space under the hood with the 2.7 and like others stated, heat is an issue.

885E31B2-76C6-4DFF-B219-78FDF9F93B07.jpeg
Been using one of these for about 8 years. Fastest way to air up. Just remember to drain the water frequently. Any humidity will condense in the tank.
Sponsored

projectbadlands

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I should have been a bit more clear. The compressor doesn't shut off or fail, I just choose to give it breaks because of the heat. I've also observed on some occasions that the compressor makes a very distinct and different noise that doesn't sound great. It gets worse the longer it runs, and the more heat it generates.
Also might depend on how much you air down with your 35s comparatively to my 37s. I'm typically only aired down to 17/18psi...will make sure I have a nice set of beadlocks for the bronco so I can go lower
With a 100% duty cycle, I keep it going until the tire is inflated. Then like a 1 or 2 minute break and continue with the next. I am usually airing down to about 12-14 psi depending on the trail.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Been using one of these for about 8 years. Fastest way to air up. Just remember to drain the water frequently. Any humidity will condense in the tank.
Yep. Its been solid for me. I also have a co2 tank setup (only take when in the jeep since it has a mounting bracket on the rollbar).

i still have my previous viair 400p but it would get way too hot and took much longer to fill larger tires. I just keep it in my DD at this point for emergencies.

awall987

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'05 LJ, '23 2dr BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've had this mounted under the hood of my FJ for about 5yrs now without any issues. The pic is from after I installed and I've never really cleaned the engine bay so it's much dirtier now. Plan is to take it out and transfer to the Bronco, unless I sell the FJ as is.

Ford Bronco Badlands onboard air - is there a mount for under the hood for ARB air compressor? 1629836918533

chobit

Badlands
First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper SE, MIata ND2 GT, Bronco Badland SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe something like this may work better if available for the Bronco?
Ford Bronco Badlands onboard air - is there a mount for under the hood for ARB air compressor? 1629960819916
Sponsored