Sponsored

Badlands - optional wheels and tires look so much bigger..?

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
I'm a bit confused... I'm putting together my build for a 2.7 Badlands 4 door - and the stock wheels and tires look ok, but I really like the look of the optional (non squatch) wheels and tires... both the stock and upgraded tires are both listed as 285/70/17, but one is an AT and one is a MT - but why does the MT look SO much bigger?
Upgraded wheels/ and MT tires:
Ford Bronco Badlands - optional wheels and tires look so much bigger..? badlands VB with upgraded wheels and tires

Stock wheels/AT tires:
Ford Bronco Badlands - optional wheels and tires look so much bigger..? VB Badlands with stock wheels and tires
Sponsored

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Those optional wheels are my favorite too. But the reason the tires look so much bigger is because of a bug that’s actually showing the Squatch tires instead of the 33 M/Ts. If you look at the beauty ring the tires dont even touch the wheel and they don’t match up.

Sponsored

Bodge Garage

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover Discovery, Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do not base your purchase off of the CG image. Look at the specifications for the tire size and compare that to real world examples.

OP
OP
calgecko

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
I think this is what it really looks like
I can live with that !! :love: Thanks... pretty sure I'm close to having my final build figured out

Jtorral

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you really want to see the difference visually between 33 and 35. Here is an image of a Jeep with 33's and the 35's next to it.

Ford Bronco Badlands - optional wheels and tires look so much bigger..? 20190816_173314

Sponsored

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The site is not doing this on purpose to make them look better, the site has a glitch and is placing the 33MT (285/70/17 MT) tires out further in the image than they should be placed. Look close and you can see that when you select the 33MT tires there is this gap (see pic below) between the wheel and the tire (and on the rear gap you can see the desert floor through the gap). When you select the 33AT tires this gap is not there, nor when you select the squatch wheels. This gap is only seen on every BL build when selecting the 33MT.

if you are considering the 33MT tires, they will be the same size as the AT, just a different, more agressive tread pattern.

Ford Bronco Badlands - optional wheels and tires look so much bigger..? 762F7B72-C360-4F59-8772-77DC7FD8D42F

Last edited:

Slide

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lx570
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s a bug. What it should look like. I am getting those optional wheels. My question if any one knows. B&P is still all terrain tires with those wheels versus mud terrain. Is that also a bug or do I get a choice of AT versus MT?
Thanks

Ford Bronco Badlands - optional wheels and tires look so much bigger..? E7D40961-AA3C-4D00-A84F-5A8EAE818C52

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

It’s a bug. What it should look like. I am getting those optional wheels. My question if any one knows. B&P is still all terrain tires with those wheels versus mud terrain. Is that also a bug or do I get a choice of AT versus MT?
Thanks

Ford Bronco Badlands - optional wheels and tires look so much bigger..? E7D40961-AA3C-4D00-A84F-5A8EAE818C52
You can choose the MTs for extra or keep the standard ATs, it's in B&P, think 600 or so extra.

Bronco_joe

Black Diamond
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

so are the sasquatch beadlocks wider than upgraded BD beadlocks? would be nice if they displayed the specs for each available rim option on trims
Sponsored