First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I lnow this question has been posted before with a multitude of answers but I am still not sure of the answer.

I would really like the Badlands, 4 door, Top – Hard Top, Molded-in-Color (MIC), 17" Black High Gloss-Painted Aluminum Wheels, LT285/70R17 All-Terrain A/T Tires, Hard Top Sound Deadening Headliner, Roof Rails with Crossbars – Black, 2.7L EcoBoost® Engine

When I switch to the 2.7 Ecoboost 10 speed auto trans I have to loose the Hard Top Sound Deadening Headliner and Roof Rails with Crossbars.

This makes no sense to me, I can do everything with the 2 door but not the 4 door!

Ford, are you listening?

Thanks,
Kerry
Sponsored

GotNotch

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
it has to do with gvw. The dealer can add the roof rails.

dudleyln

Outer Banks
First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Chevy Traverse / 98 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That’s odd, I have no problem adding it.

mneblett

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150, 2019 Mustang GT vert, 2019 Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I lnow this question has been posted before with a multitude of answers but I am still not sure of the answer.

I would really like the Badlands, 4 door, Top – Hard Top, Molded-in-Color (MIC), 17" Black High Gloss-Painted Aluminum Wheels, LT285/70R17 All-Terrain A/T Tires, Hard Top Sound Deadening Headliner, Roof Rails with Crossbars – Black, 2.7L EcoBoost® Engine

When I switch to the 2.7 Ecoboost 10 speed auto trans I have to loose the Hard Top Sound Deadening Headliner and Roof Rails with Crossbars.

This makes no sense to me, I can do everything with the 2 door but not the 4 door!

Ford, are you listening?

Thanks,
Kerry
There's now at least a dozen threads that will come up in a search on "GVWR."

TLDR version: The vehicle's load rating "just happens" to correspond to how close its weight comes to the 6000 lb. GVWR limit before crossing into the next light truck weight class, with different vehicle requirements.

Not to mention that being higher than 6000 lb. would take the Bronco out of the same class as the Jeep JL, meaning they would lose the marketing "best in class (i.e., better than a Jeep)" benefits.

From a liability standpoint, I would never encourage anyone to ignore the GVWR limits. That doesn't mean that, *for me*, I won't use my engineering degree to decide whether an extra couple hundred pounds over 6000, judiciously located, would be ok. That said, I do not intend to exceed the 3500 lb. tow limit -- towing physics is much more complicated than most are aware. Besides, my wife's F-150 has ~10K tow capacity (but even then, if I have something that heavy to tow for anything but a short local hop, I'm going F-250 or better).

Last edited:

Sponsored

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ya it sucks. you have to purchase them seperatly. That is exactly what I want as well. I don't mind purchasing it seperatly but its kinda annoying. I hope they charge less purchasing it as a accessory since Ford doesn't have to pay its employees to install them.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
too much weight is the consensus. In relation to the 2-door; 4-door is about 200lbs heavier, has an additional seat (which at a guess adds another 170lbs of person weight into the calculations), and have a four gallon bigger fuel tank (30ish lbs), that is 400 lbs less gear it can carry before getting to the 6000lb threshold.

Sponsored
OP
OP

KBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Ford, are you listening?

Thanks,
Kerry

Ford, are you listening?

Thanks,
Kerry

So now I am wondering if the additional sound deadening which is included with the Luxury package includes the roof sound deadening headliner?

Kerry

dudleyln

Outer Banks
First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Chevy Traverse / 98 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

We are all assuming it’s the GVWR but until we hear officially in a statement from ford that “GVWR is THE reason you cannot add a roof rack or Sound deadening or ...” we are simply guessing.

If any of you feel so strongly that GVWR Is THE reason, then please answer why you also can’t add Paint Protection Film, it’s less than 1 lb. It may be a factor of what parts of the factory line installs and in what order on the 4 door lines (meaning maybe the same section of the line does sound deadening and squatch) so you can’t pick both, without Ford changing the current line build order..

I agree GVWR issues COULD be the reason but hold out hope as this has not been confirmed anywhere.

Willwork4bronco

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My bad....this one is a 2dr BL with 2.7, auto, and headliner added.

B5137D53-D464-45CE-ADF1-220710307C96.png

A0B1A106-56DC-493E-8028-5EC60749CE07.png
I guess you didn’t catch it in the question from the OP. The problems come with adding the stuff on a 4dr with Sasquatch. 2 doors don’t have an issue.
Edit: I meant adding the 2.7 not Sasquatch but for now it’s pretty much the same on B&P.
Sponsored

Last edited: