Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150. 72 maverick grabber
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm at a dilemma choosing between Badlands or Wildtrak. It will be a 4 dr build w/auto trans and 2.7. My issue is this will be my first 4wd ever owned and want to make the right choice.I live in deep south Louisiana which is totally flat. My idea for this is to plan vacations around the occasional trip specifically planned to do trails/off-roading.
This will be used as my daily driver. I do also plan to do some minor aftermarket add-ons like lighting, speakers ect... please be nice in the comments I do realize that in the end I'm paying for it.
Thanks
undecided on the bayou
Sponsored

Sal Gallo

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm at a dilemma choosing between Badlands or Wildtrak. It will be a 4 dr build w/auto trans and 2.7. My issue is this will be my first 4wd ever owned and want to make the right choice.I live in deep south Louisiana which is totally flat. My idea for this is to plan vacations around the occasional trip specifically planned to do trails/off-roading.
This will be used as my daily driver. I do also plan to do some minor aftermarket add-ons like lighting, speakers ect... please be nice in the comments I do realize that in the end I'm paying for it.
Thanks
undecided on the bayou
Really can't go wrong here. Wildttrak is a good build if you can handle the color of the interior. Personally, I would gag every time I entered into it so I am going with the Badlands.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Welcome to the club. These are the decisions we’ve all had to make....BB or BD, BL or WT. For a daily driver I would think the Sport mode in a WT would make you daily commute to work, or flying down a dirt road with your Sasquatch package in Baja mode enjoyable, and it’s more than able to hit the trails and climb pretty much anything you like, but not as proficiently as a Badlands. So just how much rock crawling are you going to do? The 33” tires in the BL will give you a better ride on the interstate, and better MPG, unless you plan on Sasquatch regardless......in that case, which interior and exterior do you prefer? I like the WT blacked out exterior, but the BL interior. Decisions, decisions. You can’t really go wrong.

KFreakin

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Welcome to the club. These are the decisions we’ve all had to make....BB or BD, BL or WT. For a daily driver I would think the Sport mode in a WT would make you daily commute to work, or flying down a dirt road with your Sasquatch package in Baja mode enjoyable, and it’s more than able to hit the trails and climb pretty much anything you like, but not as proficiently as a Badlands. So just how much rock crawling are you going to do? The 33” tires in the BL will give you a better ride on the interstate, and better MPG, unless you plan on Sasquatch regardless......in that case, which interior and exterior do you prefer? I like the WT blacked out exterior, but the BL interior. Decisions, decisions. You can’t really go wrong.
This is my exact dilemma. I prefer the mgv interior of BL but also prefer the black grill, mirror caps, wheels, and bronco emblem of the WT

Happytown

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 Eco SCREW 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also from Louisiana, and took a close look at WildTrack but ended up BL. The final decision had nothing to do with the price or abilities of either. They'll both get me to the same places I want to go. I preferred the overall look and stance of the BL on 33's, and had no desire for Sasquatch or the beadlocks. If I liked the Sasquatched look more, BL would've been "almost" a no brainer. I also put some weight on the MGV/washout floor interior (but wasn't an absolute must have).

Sponsored

H - 2 CHARLIE

Wildtrak
First Name
CHARLIE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 150 - E 350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If your not Sasquatched you will be wishing you were.

kellyweiss

Heritage
First Name
Mr. Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Just a thought: I realize the MARINE GRADE VINYL and easy clean RUBBERIZED FLOOR wash-out/quick-drain capability will be nice, initially - However, over time, just giving some thought to the constant driver/passenger in-and-out and "FOOT TRAFFIC" on the rubberized floor - won't this quickly lead to wear and tear on the rubberized flooring ?? / I'm inclined to think you would want to put some WEATHERTECH mats down, anyhow ?? Also, over time, won't the rubberized flooring deteriorate/degrade ?? And what if a drain plug breaks free and you lose it / Something to consider (??). For me, not too much "ROCK CRAWLING" will be done; more inclined to be taking quick runs in 4X4 country; thus, I chose WildTrak.

Last edited:

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd choose BL over WT. I think the MGV will be great. Sport mode won't be some magic mode that makes your bronco feel and go super fast. Just a lslightly quicker throttle response and holding of gears. No extra power. Baja its that but better if you're off pavement.

Also, as some posters stated, the 33s on the BL will be slightly more suitable for daily driving.

Visually, you can achieve the WT look on the BL with cosmetic part swaps. Just missing squatch.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

This is my exact dilemma. I prefer the mgv interior of BL but also prefer the black grill, mirror caps, wheels, and bronco emblem of the WT
I guess the other question is - what date is your reservation? If you are day 1 or 2 then I think you have a quicker turnaround - if you are a little later in the cycle (I'm 8/6) then you have to ask yourself - do I really need a '21 or can I wait 1 more production qtr and get into a '22 in early Jan/Feb - AND this is the biggest IF...if Ford decides to add an option for a different interior in the WT. I'm hopeful but not banking on it and can live with the current interior. Additionally with all the talk of a roof rack change in 22 maybe that's a concern as well.

Sponsored

Jpeyer

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just a thought: I realize the MARINE GRADE VINYL and easy clean RUBBERIZED FLOOR wash-out/quick-drain capability will be nice, initially - However, over time, just giving some thought to the constant driver/passenger in-and-out and "FOOT TRAFFIC" on the rubberized floor - won't this quickly lead to wear and tear on the rubberized flooring ?? / I'm inclined to think you would want to put some WEATHERTECH mats down, anyhow ?? Also, over time, won't the rubberized flooring deteriorate/degrade ?? And what if a drain plug breaks free and you lose it / Something to consider (??). For me, not too much "ROCK CRAWLING" will be done; more inclined to be taking quick runs in 4X4 country; thus, I chose WildTrak.
I’ve had rubberized floors in my Chevy and ford work crew trucks for years. They hold up well. With that being said even just a carpet mat to fluff the dirt out from time to time is helpful in cleaning. If you don’t clean the rubber often or don’t have mats it will fade have a dirty look to it. The washout should be easier even without mats though.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am with you, I want the manual. I will settle for the 2.3. That means Bandlands. Period. End of Story. (my old back refuses to buy anything without heated seats and my ancient eyes would twitch if I gave up the cameras in the High package. Of course my elderly knees whisper they might retire me unwillingly from clutch work before I am ready to sell, but my ancient ears (far too many Who and RS concerts) don't hear them due to being hard of hearing (so I guess I need the Lux package for the stereo upgrade...)). Yep, I have one choice if I want the manual.

It really might depend on how the back and knees feel on ordering day. (once I order, I am not going to change, going back and forth once that decision is made is the path to madness)

If I do go with the automatic, then the 2.7 (even with the leaky hose fittings and plastic oil pan/plastic drain plug, and other horror stories amplified by the internet) is a given. Hell, my Big Wheel as a kid would last about six months before the, well...big wheel, would wear a hole in the same spot when you locked your legs for braking. (the optional rear brake was joke). I figure Ford can do better than that.

At that point; yeah, a leather lined WT with a step rail (still have the elderly knees) and the Lux (ears, eyes, and an ass that likes to be warmed) makes a lot of sense. I have zero intention of climbing rocks that the WT can't do and the BL could. It would be nice if it was (at all) clear if the WT got some sort of full body skid plates standard, without the optional front bumper, but I could add some thin aftermarket stuff to deal with logs and small stumps after the fact. Mud, snow, and the 5 times a year light desert run is the extent it will be tested. Don't need either, but I need a BL less. Again will go with my gut (knee actually) at order time and never look back.

As an aside, since the 2.7 might be a sporadic delay, a non-Sasquatch manual 2.3 (even with a two door and Lux) might get me in for a '21. Start of October reservation. Don't scoff just yet;

let us say 200K reservations and a 60% conversion rate. 120K units ordered. (all numbers are very rough and there are a lot of assumptions, but I do not think they are unreasonable)

(presuming that the percentage stats here are mirrored outside the forum)

If there is a hold on the 2.7, that means 75% of all orders in front of mine are skipped for that time period that the 2.7 is unavailable, if I go manual BL. (I estimate I am about 55% in line at my dealer) Let us further say that the delay totals a month or production (a week here, nine days there, maybe two days someplace else...) if the 2 door and Lux stuff are still good to go, that might be a month of production, 25K units built that 75% of the orders in front of me don't want. Cut it to three weeks for delays on the Lux or manual or whatever that overlap the 2.7 delays, just to make it more conservative.

Since we went with 120K units (at my personal 55% spot in line) means I would be number 66000 in line. (just a ballpark)

75% of 66000 (those in front of me) is 49500 orders that are skipped if the 2.7 is on hold. Now I am at 16500 in line for the theoretical three week period interspersed from May (if deliveries are still on for early June) to December. Can Ford make 16500 Bronco's in three weeks? Be darn close if they can't. Will the conversion rate be higher or lower? Don't know. Sasquatch is running at what, like 50%, I can make the same argument there. Obviously I do not know what will delay what (or for how long) or what combinations will be delayed at the same time. Nobody does.

If you have a low number of items on the 'deadly sins' list, you might be shocked at how deep they end up going down the reservation list is all I am saying. They will keep that plant running, no matter how out of order they have to go on the timestamps.

That is my reasoning on my manual BL build potential timeline. The WT is a totally different story. A 2 door Lux WT with leather (no camo for me) has all the items listed I think. If I pick that, I have no illusions about an early build there. So I will make sure I am in by the 3/19 deadline as to not miss the chance that the 2.7 or Sasquatch are delayed in the first quarter and I get a shot (remember, I would effectively be 17000th in line if the 2.7 isn't ready in May).

It could be a first quarter build. That is less than a month of production. If I am pushed to the second quarter because my dealer didn't get my order in until after 3/19/21, I for sure won't get that chance. While some are arguing that I am being silly for being concerned about getting my order in before 3/19/21 because of an October reservation, they just do not understand that a manufacturer will do just about anything with scheduling to not stop a plant because the next chronological order build is not possible.

Coffee time....

Last edited:

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 35” tires on the WT will help avoid the limousine look. You can rock crawl with a WT, just slightly less capable than a BL

OP
OP

Scotteasymoney

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150. 72 maverick grabber
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I guess the other question is - what date is your reservation? If you are day 1 or 2 then I think you have a quicker turnaround - if you are a little later in the cycle (I'm 8/6) then you have to ask yourself - do I really need a '21 or can I wait 1 more production qtr and get into a '22 in early Jan/Feb - AND this is the biggest IF...if Ford decides to add an option for a different interior in the WT. I'm hopeful but not banking on it and can live with the current interior. Additionally with all the talk of a roof rack change in 22 maybe that's a concern as well.
My reservation is 2nd day 11pm. I do have kids and the mgv will be easier to keep clean. The foors don't bother me as I was ordering the all weather mats with it my last 5 vehicles has had either weathertech or husky liners. I will be ordering more floor plugs from parts if I go BL.
My other concern was if I go BL is squatch worth it ,being that I'm not an extremely hard-core crawler or off-roader (I'm just outside New Orleans)
Thanks to everyone for all the input.

H - 2 CHARLIE

Wildtrak
First Name
CHARLIE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 150 - E 350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well if no budget in mine just go all out . I'm 45k budget guy here .
Sponsored