Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I received my Bronco from Grainger Ford on 9/25 got it home installed a 1“ RC level and some 37x12.5x17 Goodyear MT/R’s on the stock Sasquatch wheels knowing that I would likely have some clearance issues but with the intent to get them on and work to correct the issues because I love the look of the 37’s and I’m unsure of how the CV’s will handle being lifted much more and much taller and my 5’2” wife is gong to need a ladder to get in.

First noticeable rub was on the frond wheels at full lock on the support that goes from the frame to the bumper. Still kicking around what to do with this, considering notching it out and welding in some more steel, another option I might try is spacers but I don’t really want to add any width or deal with them.

In my shop I tried to flex the suspension check for other issues but was only able to see where I might have some issues so I trimmed where the crash bars would go, then on the back wheels there is a flimsy plastic piece that hangs down on the back side so I drilled a couple holes in that and tied it back.

Next I drove it to Moab to see how it would do. I decided to try Top of the World trail, on the trial I ran into a group of 3 rubicons and they adopted me for the day. On the trail which has some decent ledges to play on the Bronco did awesome and on a few of the obstacles the Rubicon 4XE in front me took a couple stabs to conquer the bronco walked right up. I love the 1 peddle drive for going up hill of on fairly flat surfaces but dropping down a ledge it’s a little tricky because if you don’t work the throttle just right it will brake hard and cause a harder drop than ideal, also using for a long duration downhill I started to smell my brakes so I think they were getting too hot so I turned it off.

As far as tire clearance issues on the trial the only other rub I found was in front of the rear tires there is a piece of sheet metal with a plastic piece over it that it slightly rubbed which will easily be corrected.

I’m going to continue to play with it and make modifications as needed but so far super impressed with this machine and having a ton of fun with it! Let me know if you have any questions or suggestion.

Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch on 37’s with 1” level kit - field report C13D1E43-C0B2-45B2-8772-24454ABC061E
Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch on 37’s with 1” level kit - field report E79FA504-9258-4225-84B0-D80585E02BC6
Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch on 37’s with 1” level kit - field report F9E13F8F-F5DF-40B9-BEC7-4BCF9B233EE1
Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch on 37’s with 1” level kit - field report 955B0F86-F009-4D01-B3C3-F0B6A01BF946
Sponsored

Last edited:

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Following....

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sequoia TRD sport, 2021 Badlands Sas, 93 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you take a pic Of this spot please?

((First noticeable rub was on the frond wheels at full lock on the support that goes from the frame to the bumper. Still kicking around what to do with this, considering notching it out and welding in some more steel, another option I might try is spacers but I don’t really want to add any width or deal with them.))

Also do you think It would rub with no lift the way you have it now?

OP
OP
Lobber

Lobber

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

[/QUOTE]

((First noticeable rub was on the frond wheels at full lock on the support that goes from the frame to the bumper. Still kicking around what to do with this, considering notching it out and welding in some more steel, another option I might try is spacers but I don’t really want to add any width or deal with them.))

Also do you think It would rub with no lift the way you have it now? Yeah
Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch on 37’s with 1” level kit - field report BAF34452-00F1-48D6-A58D-38ADC36D4CC6

Last edited:

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

These are the photos in the BDS/Zone SAS+3" lift kit instructions. Still waiting for photos of someone brave enough to cut into the frame...
Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch on 37’s with 1” level kit - field report 1633301444054

Last edited:

Sponsored

MSparks909

Badlands
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pro tip…”small” 37s like the BFG KO2 and KM3 might be the way to go on these Bronco’s to keep from rubbing the frame off road. They run about half an inch to inch smaller than a “true” 37.

OP
OP
Lobber

Lobber

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch on 37’s with 1” level kit - field report 5CD49F82-1337-40B6-8CEE-85924CA9AB2B
Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch on 37’s with 1” level kit - field report EDC5F428-BD01-412E-B1BE-E6A1751BA093
Well I did it😬 cut off where it was rubbing and welded the seam. IMO the area will still have plenty of strength but time will tell. Good news is tires have no clearance issues that I know of now😁. I’m going to keep wheeling it and update this if anything else pops up.

Last edited:

RLW

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

5CD49F82-1337-40B6-8CEE-85924CA9AB2B.jpeg
Well I did it😬 cut off where it was rubbing and welded the seam. IMO the area will still have plenty of strength but time will tell. Good news is tires have no clearance issues that I know of now😁. I’m going to keep wheeling it and update this if anything else pops up.
You are the man!
Keep it up and keep us posted.

GoatFab

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Great post!! I hope to have mine on 37's and aftermarket wheels this week.

OP
OP
Lobber

Lobber

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great post!! I hope to have mine on 37's and aftermarket wheels this week.
If you are going to do aftermarket wheel if you decrease the backspacing compared to factory it will help with the clearance issues I'm having.

Sponsored

GoatFab

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
If you are going to do aftermarket wheel if you decrease the backspacing compared to factory it will help with the clearance issues I'm having.

I am not planning on doing the spacer lift though, as I have a 3in lift coming in a couple months. I am hoping this won't create much of an issue.

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To me it looks like that bracing you removed was likely there for extra support for the crash bar in the event of an accident. If you removed the crash bar, it probably serves no purpose...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lobber

Lobber

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To me it looks like that bracing you removed was likely there for extra support for the crash bar in the even of an accident. If you removed the crash bar, it probably serves no purpose...
yeah that was my thought on it but I didn't engineer it so just experimenting I guess.

Mdeamon

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai tucson
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I received my Bronco from Grainger Ford on 9/25 got it home installed a 1“ RC level and some 37x12.5x17 Goodyear MT/R’s on the stock Sasquatch wheels knowing that I would likely have some clearance issues but with the intent to get them on and work to correct the issues because I love the look of the 37’s and I’m unsure of how the CV’s will handle being lifted much more and much taller and my 5’2” wife is gong to need a ladder to get in.

First noticeable rub was on the frond wheels at full lock on the support that goes from the frame to the bumper. Still kicking around what to do with this, considering notching it out and welding in some more steel, another option I might try is spacers but I don’t really want to add any width or deal with them.

In my shop I tried to flex the suspension check for other issues but was only able to see where I might have some issues so I trimmed where the crash bars would go, then on the back wheels there is a flimsy plastic piece that hangs down on the back side so I drilled a couple holes in that and tied it back.

Next I drove it to Moab to see how it would do. I decided to try Top of the World trail, on the trial I ran into a group of 3 rubicons and they adopted me for the day. On the trail which has some decent ledges to play on the Bronco did awesome and on a few of the obstacles the Rubicon 4XE in front me took a couple stabs to conquer the bronco walked right up. I love the 1 peddle drive for going up hill of on fairly flat surfaces but dropping down a ledge it’s a little tricky because if you don’t work the throttle just right it will brake hard and cause a harder drop than ideal, also using for a long duration downhill I started to smell my brakes so I think they were getting too hot so I turned it off.

As far as tire clearance issues on the trial the only other rub I found was in front of the rear tires there is a piece of sheet metal with a plastic piece over it that it slightly rubbed which will easily be corrected.

I’m going to continue to play with it and make modifications as needed but so far super impressed with this machine and having a ton of fun with it! Let me know if you have any questions or suggestion.

Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch on 37’s with 1” level kit - field report EDC5F428-BD01-412E-B1BE-E6A1751BA093
Awsome
I have a two door in order build date last week of nov. Probably deliver before xmas
And i also wan to put 37.....

Your bronco look awsome on 37
Pleaee post video of obstacle in moab..

I am from florida.... I plan a trip in mid feb in colorado .... and probably go to moab in the same time .... who ready to road trip...

Let organize Bronco trail ride in feb.....

OP
OP
Lobber

Lobber

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Awsome
I have a two door in order build date last week of nov. Probably deliver before xmas
And i also wan to put 37.....

Your bronco look awsome on 37
Pleaee post video of obstacle in moab..

I am from florida.... I plan a trip in mid feb in colorado .... and probably go to moab in the same time .... who ready to road trip...

Let organize Bronco trail ride in feb.....
Sorry, no video's I was lucky to get my wife to snap a couple of pics.

Regarding your trip to Colorado in February unless you are wanting to go skiing or ride a snowmobile I would hold off until late July. I go every year and in my experience even in early July some of the mountain passes/trials are snowed in up until that point.
Sponsored