Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Tried to search here unsuccessfully, so I ask:

I have a VB 4 door Badlands on order. MIC, lux, tow, squatched.. everything! 7/14 reservation, 1/21 order date, Ford confirmed in 1/25 and I wait like the many for a VIN

If I change to non Sasquatch, what will I give up? Besides extended flares and the wheels and tires? Is there any real suspension difference? I plan to change the wheels and tires anyways. IF nothing much to loose perhaps I’ll get faster delivery or maybe a VIN if I scratch the squatch?
Sponsored

BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I have a VB 4 door Badlands on order. MIC, lux, tow, squatched.. everything! 7/14 reservation, 1/21 order date, Ford confirmed in 1/25 and I wait like the many for a VIN

If I change to non Sasquatch, what will I give up? Besides extended flares and the wheels and tires? Is there any real suspension difference? I plan to change the wheels and tires anyways. IF nothing much to loose perhaps I’ll get faster delivery or maybe a VIN if I scratch the squatch?
Gearing

frankk

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I believe there are suspension differences. Search for the Definitive Guide or start at Mother of all Threads to find the details.

Edit - adding link: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ide-lift-heights-with-wheel-tire-sizes.17719/

Last edited:

BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

BattleBornBronco

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just to save you a click, besides gearing, there are shock differences. The squatch shocks have different part numbers. Maybe slightly different lengths or compression, but they are different. May not be able to slap on 35s down the line without a small lift...

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Since I just placed my order, I studied this extensively. A Badlands has the PSD shocks, like an SAS, it has the front and rear lockers, like a SAS, it has the M210 front end, like a SAS. It also has a slightly higher ride height than a standard Bronco, but not as high as a SAS. It does not have the beadlock capable rims, has 33's rather than 35's, and has the standard rather than wider flares, and it has 4.46 differential gearing rather than 4.7. The Badlands, from the measurements that are on the Ford product info, is 1.4" lower overall ride height than a Badlands SAS. So, a BL non-SAS is 1.4" lower, has 33" tires, narrower flares, and 4.46 rather than 4.7 gearing, (however the overall drive ratio is the same with 33's/4.46 and 35's/4.7). To me, the only real decision in choosing BL SAS or non-SAS is the tire size. You can even order a non-SAS with the beadlock rims, but by the time you do that the cost of the SAS is like 800 bucks.

BTW, I am very tempted to get a BL non-SAS, because I want all the lockers, bumpers, rock rails, skid plates, lockers, bugger front axle, and PSD shocks, and I really want to auto-sway bar disconnect. However, it's like 6k difference between a baseSAS and BL SAS, and for a couple grand can get bumpers and skid plates. So, the difference is leather wrapped steering wheel, tinted windows and the sway bar.

530Squatch

Badlands
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 HD Silverado Duramax Turbo Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Badlands, from the measurements that are on the Ford product info, is 1.4" lower overall ride height than a Badlands SAS. So, a BL non-SAS is 1.4" lower, has 33" tires, narrower flares, and 4.46 rather than 4.7 gearing, (however the overall drive ratio is the same with 33's/4.46 and 35's/4.7).
@goatman Good breakdown, I appreciate it. Just wanted to double-check the bolded quote above. Is it really that much of a linear comparison? I am not a mechanical engineer nor do I play one on TV. Just an education point for me (I'm a BL SAS at present, for context, so I am interested).

🍻

OP
OP

Raptortothis

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow the “similar threads” section below is way more helpful than the search function! Thanks for entertaining the same question that was asked more than many times before so I could see the post I tried to search for.

That answers that. I’ll leave it as is and just wait like the rest of us.

One guys spread sheet appears to state that trail control and turn assist is on squatch and not std BL. I don’t believe that’s the case

Sponsored
OP
OP

Raptortothis

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
BTW, I am very tempted to get a BL non-SAS, because I want all the lockers, bumpers, rock rails, skid plates, lockers, bugger front axle, and PSD shocks, and I really want to auto-sway bar disconnect. However, it's like 6k difference between a baseSAS and BL SAS, and for a couple grand can get bumpers and skid plates. So, the difference is leather wrapped steering wheel, tinted windows and the sway bar.
Good info, thanks! The leather wrapped wheel comes in where exactly? I NEED my heated, leather steering wheel! I thought that was a lux thing? I’ll never be without that again in life.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
All squatch models include a different coilover set. There is 3 sets. Arms and links are the same I believe. Ball joints could be different in theory.

frankk

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Since I just placed my order, I studied this extensively. A Badlands has the PSD shocks, like an SAS, it has the front and rear lockers, like a SAS, it has the M210 front end, like a SAS. It also has a slightly higher ride height than a standard Bronco, but not as high as a SAS. It does not have the beadlock capable rims, has 33's rather than 35's, and has the standard rather than wider flares, and it has 4.46 differential gearing rather than 4.7. The Badlands, from the measurements that are on the Ford product info, is 1.4" lower overall ride height than a Badlands SAS. So, a BL non-SAS is 1.4" lower, has 33" tires, narrower flares, and 4.46 rather than 4.7 gearing, (however the overall drive ratio is the same with 33's/4.46 and 35's/4.7). To me, the only real decision in choosing BL SAS or non-SAS is the tire size. You can even order a non-SAS with the beadlock rims, but by the time you do that the cost of the SAS is like 800 bucks.

I don't believe all of the suspension components are the same. I could be confused but I believe an earlier thread covered the details of the 1.4" difference, which is more than tires... (https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ide-lift-heights-with-wheel-tire-sizes.17719/)

So if it is more than just tires and gearing, IMHO, go non-SAS if you want a manny or you want to save money. Go squatch if you want maximum height and don't want to add a lift to go to 35s.

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

@goatman Good breakdown, I appreciate it. Just wanted to double-check the bolded quote above. Is it really that much of a linear comparison? I am not a mechanical engineer nor do I play one on TV. Just an education point for me (I'm a BL SAS at present, for context, so I am interested).

🍻
My figures are 35"/33"=1.060. 4.7/4.46=1.054. Pretty close. The reality is the actual tire sizes are more like 34.4 and 32.8 (by memory, didn't look it up), which would be 1.049 difference in tire size and 1.054 difference in differential ratio. Either way, pretty close in overall ratio.
Sponsored