Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I refuse to downgrade the creature comforts that my f150 has and I know for certain my wife isnt willing to going from her grand cherokee considering the 4dr badsquatch w/ lux package will be her DD. I have an 05 wrangler if I want the basics. Both the truck and GC go offroad quite a bit and have never left us stranded. The only issues I seem to ever have with vehicles is after the dealerships touch them for warranty work, thats when the electronic gremlins start coming out. If stuff is going to break, let is do so within the warranty period. Thats what its for right?
Does the standard package have less electronics, sensors, and cameras? I am not really a fan of all of the creature comforts. I just want the basics and the benefits of the Sasquatch package and be done with it.
Sponsored

Haulin455

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
High Package for me. Want the extra sound deadening and the 12” screen.

elfshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Liberty
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm reserved as a BD trim right now, but will likely do Badlands (still deciding on Squatch). Really - if I could get the Base with the Rubber flooring and marine vinyl seats with Sasquatch (to get the suspension upgrades) I think I'd be set.

I'd like the most barebones package with rubber flooring, marine-grade vinyl, and the top of the line suspension and 4x4.

Haulin455

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can you do an aftermarket radio?

Also, what are the benefits of the sound deadening?
I’ve never had an aftermarket unit that has worked as well as OEM. Especially since the modern ones have HVAC controls, cameras controls/video, etc in them as well. But I haven’t had an aftermarket unit in years.

The sound deadening will likely make the ride quieter with doors/roof on. It appears to be separate of the hardtop headliner sound deadening.

Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

while the OP is most certainly right about long term, I'm getting the LUX. I'm a bit weary about what if any support Ford might still be giving some ancient computer 10+ years from now, but most modern cars have that stuff now, hopefully support (or some kind of exchange module) will be available for a long while. Who knows, my kids older iphones no longer can be upgraded to the latest system, I hope they build some more backwards compatibility into these car computers though, phone companies like to force you into upgrades, but at 50+k for a car? I hope not.

Will a Tesla still be drivable 10 years from now?

I haven't bought a new car in 17 years, this time I want all the bells and whistles and the big stereo.

But this will be mostly my daily driver, not a weekend toy to take into rock gardens.

OP
OP

aabsalon

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

while the OP is most certainly right about long term, I'm getting the LUX. I'm a bit weary about what if any support Ford might still be giving some ancient computer 10+ years from now, but most modern cars have that stuff now, hopefully support (or some kind of exchange module) will be available for a long while. Who knows, my kids older iphones no longer can be upgraded to the latest system, I hope they build some more backwards compatibility into these car computers though, phone companies like to force you into upgrades, but at 50+k for a car? I hope not.

Will a Tesla still be drivable 10 years from now?

I haven't bought a new car in 17 years, this time I want all the bells and whistles and the big stereo.

But this will be mostly my daily driver, not a weekend toy to take into rock gardens.
That is why I am going for minimal tech when I get the Badlands-Sasquatch. For me, less tech is better. My family keeps their cars for more than 15 years.

OP
OP

aabsalon

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm reserved as a BD trim right now, but will likely do Badlands (still deciding on Squatch). Really - if I could get the Base with the Rubber flooring and marine vinyl seats with Sasquatch (to get the suspension upgrades) I think I'd be set.

I'd like the most barebones package with rubber flooring, marine-grade vinyl, and the top of the line suspension and 4x4.
A Badlands Sasquatch with the standard package will be the best all around off road rig. It wont have as much tech stuff as compared to the higher packages. Also, single zone climate control is fine by me.

elfshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Liberty
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A Badlands Sasquatch with the standard package will be the best all around off road rig. It wont have as much tech stuff as compared to the higher packages. Also, single zone climate control is fine by me.
Yeah - I am seriously leaning towards the Badlands now. Still trying to decide on Sasquatch - mainly because I'm in Ohio now and while we have plans to move back to AZ, I think that will happen after I wear the factory tires out and I can upgrade to 35's later. (I really don't *need* 35's in Ohio).

Sponsored
OP
OP

aabsalon

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah - I am seriously leaning towards the Badlands now. Still trying to decide on Sasquatch - minly because I'm in Ohio now and while we have plans to move back to AZ, I think that will happen after I wear the factory tires out and I can upgrade to 35's later. (I really don't *need* 35's in Ohio).
Are you leaning towards a barebones Badlands Sasquatch with only the standard package?

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I also do not have any interest in the tech packages. All that jazz just sounds like a recipe for electrical gremlins when I decide to change / cut off / replace something down the road.

I’m interested in a Badlands 4D, 2.7, Sasquatch (for gearing), modular painted hardtop w/ sound deadening, pull out tailgate, and maybe the ditch lights.

If things get really fun I’ll have the dealer install a Fox Coilover lift & 37’s but I don’t know if that’s feasible.

elfshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Liberty
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Are you leaning towards a barebones Badlands Sasquatch with only the standard package?
Today I am leaning towards Badlands, no Sasquatch. It seems like that package gets me all the suspension items II want, and leaves an easy path to 35's in the future when I would want 35's (moving back to AZ).

With or without Sasquatch I don't see myself upgrading to a higher tech package than standard.

OP
OP

aabsalon

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Today I am leaning towards Badlands, no Sasquatch. It seems like that package gets me all the suspension items II want, and leaves an easy path to 35's in the future when I would want 35's (moving back to AZ).

With or without Sasquatch I don't see myself upgrading to a higher tech package than standard.
Me too. Also, it's going to be cheaper with just the Sasquatch and an auto transmission for the Badlands.
Sponsored