Sponsored

Badlands - Seats (manual vs electrically adjusted)

TTown

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Explorer; 2019 Honda CR-V; 2020 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, I read a lengthy post elsewhere and a fellow was saying the trims with the rubber floor wouldn't be able to be optioned with electrically adjustable seats -- just the full manual version (which I think likely suck). I hadn't considered that but it sounds plausible. The issue (for me) is that I wanted the Badlands primarily b/c it's the only trim with 33s and the smaller fender flares; a good overall look and compromise. But, like probably others I'd like the higher Lux trim with all of the nice features. So, basically, it sounds like it's either pick something like the Wildtrack with mandated Sasquatch or accept the sorry seats. It's really odd to me they way Ford has chosen to package things so that it's damn near impossible to get the SUV as you'd like it (within reason). [Another oddity is why Ford feels the need to stick some 255 tires on some lower trims and 265s on one other. Why bother with the weenie 255s at all and not go any lower than the 265/70/17s (same as a 4Runner).]
Sponsored

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My JL Rubicon has manually adjusted seats. They are fine. I can adjust them quicker than electrics.

Donā€™t let this deter you from getting the marine vinyl and rubberized floors.

mikeandmiki

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-350 Platinum, '16 Challenger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My JL Rubicon has manually adjusted seats. They are fine. I can adjust them quicker than electrics.

Donā€™t let this deter you from getting the marine vinyl and rubberized floors.
I think about the speed of the seats on the rare occasion that I have to move the drivers seat all the way forward in my Challenger. I drive with the seat all the way back so it takes forever to move it forward and then back again. I'm kinda glad the two doors won't come with power seats

Economisto

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mistubishi Montero, 2013 Audi S5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Its because of the washout floors, they said that was the reason in a FB Q&A. In case anyone is wondering why.

Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Aren't all the manual seats 6 way? That should be enough to find a position you're comfortable with so not sure you can say they suck when no one here has even sat in one yet. I'll be the only driver, manual or auto is pretty much a set once and forget ordeal so maybe your situation is different.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I could care less about the washout rubber floors and wasnā€™t impressed with them in person, the wife is getting a 4dr badlands and will get the optional power seats.

Riverat

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I could care less about the washout rubber floors and wasnā€™t impressed with them in person, the wife is getting a 4dr badlands and will get the optional power seats.
What did you not like about the rubber floors?

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm OK with this compromise. I'd rather they be waterproof. But... will the Lux package be a less expensive upgrade on the Badlands?

Sponsored

Deleted member 3063

Do the Bronco electric seats have the memory function? If so I'm all in. If not I don't care.

I'm 6'2", she's 5'1". On my 10yr old truck a press of the fob unlock button adjusts the drivers seat, the outside mirrors and even the pedals individually for each of us. Easy to get spoiled.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do the Bronco electric seats have the memory function? If so I'm all in. If not I don't care.

I'm 6'2", she's 5'1". On my 10yr old truck a press of the fob unlock button adjusts the drivers seat, the outside mirrors and even the pedals individually for each of us. Easy to get spoiled.
It's a cool feature. On one of ours, it automatically adjusts everything depending on who sits in the driver's seat. I think it's by weight.

On our other one, we just have to press a button. But my wife will adjust everything individually every time rather than pushing the button. ?

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's a cool feature. On one of ours, it automatically adjusts everything depending on who sits in the driver's seat. I think it's by weight.

On our other one, we just have to press a button. But my wife will adjust everything individually every time rather than pushing the button. ?
In my wifeā€™s grand Cherokee, its dependent on which key fob is inside the car. If its her fob, it moves the seat to her #1 position and if I use my fob, it adjusts to #2 setting. When she grabs my fob because she cant find her fob, she has to hit the #1 button to move to her setting. The Jeep also tunes into the last Sirius radio channel depending which fob is in the car.

For my f150, I have no idea because I havenā€™t given her her own key fob lol.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What did you not like about the rubber floors?
I didnā€™t feel the channels were that deep and during winter, the snow melts off your shoes and the wife isnā€™t going to want to pull the drain plug during winter and I donā€™t want her pulling the drain plug and dumping the water onto the garage floor. She wont be able to pull the drain plug in our driveway because its too steep and the water wouldnā€™t make it to the drain plug location. Its just easier to have snap-in weather tech floor mats that are easily removable to dump.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs