Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Windup Toy
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just got word the starter went out. We shall see if that fixes the issue. It was really strange how the engine shut off. Not normal
Well that is a lot better news than we have been seeing! To me, that is just normal stuff that happens.
Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just got word the starter went out. We shall see if that fixes the issue. It was really strange how the engine shut off. Not normal
Well that is a lot better news than we have been seeing! To me, that is just normal stuff that happens.
I never had a starter going out cause an engine to just shut off when already running.

SASProbie

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Windup Toy
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I never had a starter going out cause an engine to just shut off when already running.
Agreed...

I was not trying to diagnose or make assumptions with this one. I was just responding to what the OP posted as the result of the dealerships findings.

That said... We are still learning the sensitivity/complexity of all the electronics to these new vehicles and my first reaction was the same. "Never heard of...", but I refrained myself from going that route as we do not have all the Data.

Would you prefer I had said "Good luck. Your dealership is clearly run by idiots. Once they replace the starter the engine will not turn over and you will need a new engine", instead? I hope not.

JakeC

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
michiganbroncos.club
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think that’s part of the problem. If the starter fails for some reason, with the auto-stop-start, next time it comes to a stop, if won’t start back up. {shrug.jpg}

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hopefully that’s all it is!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Slosh1

Slosh1

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 f150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
3k on the odometer is not so nice to have this happen. Glad this was close to dealer. I was planning on a solo mountain trip tomorrow

OP
OP
Slosh1

Slosh1

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 f150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
pickens party of 5 had the same issue. turned out it was a loose battery connect even though it seemed it was tight.
We went through the boxes to check off. Gas and battery terminals. No love. Even tried to jump it

Sponsored
OP
OP
Slosh1

Slosh1

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 f150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The dealer replaced the starter and the engine won’t crank over. They told me they need to pull the valve covers to confirm what the issue is but I know what’s next. The way it shut off as I was stopping was a little rough and had the character of rotating mass not easing to a stop, it hit a wall meaning this thing is froze up.
I wonder how long it will take to get the engine swapped and back on the road?

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The dealer replaced the starter and the engine won’t crank over. They told me they need to pull the valve covers to confirm what the issue is but I know what’s next. The way it shut off as I was stopping was a little rough and had the character of rotating mass not easing to a stop, it hit a wall meaning this thing is froze up.
I wonder how long it will take to get the engine swapped and back on the road?
Yikes, that sounds a lot like the valve issues others have hit. Sorry to hear that OP, that's a bummer.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond