Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Like a lot of you, I’ve been going back and forth on whether or not to Squatch my BL. This pic finally settled it for me. I’m going with the upgraded rims, but no Squatch.
Ford Bronco Badlands Squatch Debate E1B39D03-C387-437F-99CF-A88AD496BED9
I'm looking forward to whatever content they've been making during these video shoots.

andi

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
-
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

To be honest, in my opinion, I believe that every trim black diamond and under, needs Sasquatch, it’s a tougher lifted wider look that gives it that powerful stance, otherwise you got pizza cutter tires;
for badlands it’s unique, there’s no need to upgrade to Squatch, it’s the perfect model with nice tires and rims,
I too would go badlands optional rims,
Currently going with base Sasquatch !

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have been on the BD squatch train for a long time. But Im getting uncertain about that. Lately I've been leaning towards Badlands and swapping to some 34" LTB Swampers down the road. Should easily out pull the squatch tires. That or get a 2 inch lift and 36" LTBs.

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500 and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm thinking aftermarket 17" with alittle bigger tire. more like the overlander.
ford-bronco-overland-concept-side-close.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The thing I'm dying to know is, are the upgraded Badlands rims the same offset as the Sasquatch rims? As far as I can tell, the Sas rims have a wider stance to keep the 35s from rubbing on the frame at full lock.

I haven't seen anybody with confirmation of that and I keep going back and forth looking at pictures of the upgraded Badlands rims.

gpitman

Badlands
First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Ford F-350 Powerstroke, 2019 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After pricing out some aftermarket Bead-lock wheels, I decided to go ahead with the Sasquatch package. This gives me a truck that I feel is ready to off-road rolling off the lot. No extra work is needed. This gives me time to see what is needed and for the aftermarket equipment to start really rolling out. Plus I'm not sure I want to modify it much till any issues have been worked out from being first year model, which I hope there isn't any.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
As for the original question, I'm going 2.3 MT and I'm pretty sure I'd rather spend the Sasquatch money on a proper aftermarket lift and Nitto Ridge Grapplers. This is why my thought above on the upgraded rims comes into play. $995 for rims that will allow me to go to 35s without worrying about rubbing is a steal, if it's true.

BadlandsBroncoBen

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Outback, 2015 Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The thing I'm dying to know is, are the upgraded Badlands rims the same offset as the Sasquatch rims? As far as I can tell, the Sas rims have a wider stance to keep the 35s from rubbing on the frame at full lock.

I haven't seen anybody with confirmation of that and I keep going back and forth looking at pictures of the upgraded Badlands rims.
you are correct, the squatch rims are slightly wider, someone in another thread posted a document from Ford proving that but I don't remember who or where I saw that

Sponsored

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Like a lot of you, I’ve been going back and forth on whether or not to Squatch my BL. This pic finally settled it for me. I’m going with the upgraded rims, but no Squatch.
Ford Bronco Badlands Squatch Debate ford-bronco-overland-concept-side-close
I'm with you! Just look at these upgraded rims and upgraded 33" GY Territorys. They're beautiful and look plenty big. I'll take the extra suspension travel non-Squatch BL has over Squatch. I'll enjoy quicker acceleration w/better handling and braking too! It's gravy that the beauty rings also looks better than Squatch rings.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
you are correct, the squatch rims are slightly wider, someone in another thread posted a document from Ford proving that but I don't remember who or where I saw that

Attachments

GoldenKnight

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm with you! Just look at these upgraded rims and upgraded 33" GY Territorys. They're beautiful and look plenty big. I'll take the extra suspension travel non-Squatch BL has over Squatch. I'll enjoy quicker acceleration w/better handling and braking too! It's gravy that the beauty rings also looks better than Squatch rings.
All of that. Pretty much my exact thinking as well.

rainman23

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have been back and forth on this and at this point am leaning toward getting the Sasquatch package on my BL. I know that I’ll eventually want 35s anyway which means I’ll need the 4.70 gears. It’s significantly cheaper to get them from the factory than do it later. I don’t want to run 33s with the 4.70s so that kind of forced my hand. My other thought process is that if there is a significant loss of articulation or the tires look stuffed in the wheel Wells, I’m betting the aftermarket will have a viable 1” lift or even a leveling kit that can solve that problem. We still don’t know what or if there is any lift included on a BL sqautch, but worst case I think the aftermarket will fix this problem fairly quickly. I’m not interested in 37s at any point and having the ability to purchase vehicle designed to run on 35s (34.4”; got it) is a huge bonus for me. I want it ready to go and solid out of the box without a ton of additional work and money from me. Just my $.02 on how I’m trying to keep this as simple as I can.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm looking forward to whatever content they've been making during these video shoots.
Judging by the camera it looks like they are zooming in on the molle panel. Hopefully really zoomed in so we can see the panel and absolutely nothing else.

Maybe we'll even get that seatbelt buckle zoom and pan shot we've been eagerly waiting for.
Sponsored