Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Since Ford isn't offering a middle option for manual transmission (no mid package on BB/BD with MT), I've been considering either basemansquatch or Badlands.

Trying to keep price of Badlands down because it's already stretching my budget. I love the upgraded wheels, but for $1000 I'm second guessing it.

If I'm honest with myself about how I'll actually use the vehicle in the first 10-15 years of its life, it will see little to no off-road use. I have a young family and I'm active duty Air Force, so I'll be lucky if I make it to places like Moab even once a year. So beadlock capable wheels will be purely an aesthetic choice, not a functional one.

So I'll probably roll with the stock wheels and BFG ATs. Besides, it'll make it more fun to upgrade that stuff aftermarket later on down the road, when I get more serious about offroading.

Also I asked my wife (for validation ?) which wheels she liked better, and she said stock (without knowing the price difference). So there's that, too. She's already supportive of getting a bronco, but the more I get her on board, the better!

Like the title says, the look of the stock wheels are growing on me. I'll gladly compliment anybody else's bronco with upgrades I see on the road though!
Sponsored

Last edited:

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've always liked the badlands stock wheels, but I'm in the minority around here. I'm going to be getting some BL takeoffs and putting them on my BD.

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

From day-one I've wanted the stock Badlands wheels.

Don't let the haters bully you. The rest of us are here for you. ?

OspreyFE55

Badlands
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Smart ForTwo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since Ford isn't offering a middle option for manual transmission (no mid package on BB/BD wIth MT), I've been considering either basemansquatch or Badlands.

Trying to keep price of Badlands down because it's already stretching my budget. I love the upgraded wheels, but for $1000 I'm second guessing it.

If I'm honest with myself about how I'll actually use the vehicle in the first 10-15 years of its life, it will see little to no off-road use. I have a young family and I'm active duty Air Force, so I'll be lucky if I make it to places like Moab even once a year. So beadlock capable wheels will be purely an aesthetic choice, not a functional one.

So I'll probably roll with the stock wheels and BFG ATs. Besides, it'll make it more fun to upgrade that stuff aftermarket later on down the road, when I get more serious about offroading.

Also I asked my wife (for validation purposes ?) which wheels she liked better, and she said stock (without knowing the price difference). So there's that, too. She's already supportive of getting a bronco, but the more I get her on board, the better!

Like the title says, the look of the stock wheels are growing on me. I'll gladly compliment anybody else's bronco with upgrades I see on the road though!
Well first off Thank you for your service, I spent the last 20 years in the AF. As far as the wheels go, I too was in the same boat as you. However the beadlock wheels are not true beadlocks and you have to buy the additional parts to make them such, not to mention true beadlocks aren't street legal anyway. I plan on replacing the stock wheels before I even leave the dealer or shortly after delivery. There are several brands out there that I can purchase 5 new wheels to give my BL a different look than everyone else. This is always another option for you plus its something you can save for know. Also give it time and there may be people selling their OEM take offs.

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I do prefer the optional wheels, but after the stock 33s wear out I would like to upgrade to a slightly bigger size. With the news that the wheels are a +55 offset, they likely won’t let a bigger tire size fit without rubbing.

So if I go BL it will definitely be with stock wheels, and depending on color I might paint them black until I’m ready to go bigger tires/aftermarket wheels
Ford Bronco Badlands stock wheels growing on me 04B4D0BD-C650-4F05-9B27-70FA93BDE353

Sponsored

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm getting a BL with stock wheels. I think they look ok. Certainly won't pay $1000 for the Ford upgrade. I'll only upgrade if I find aftermarket wheels that I have to have.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I prefer the looks of the optional rims and I'm getting them purely for aesthetic. I'm glad you like the stock rims! Easy $1000 save.

scotts418

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 392
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Here’s a good pic of the stock wheels on a 4 door. I think they look great and most of us would never use the beadlock capability of the upgraded ford wheels. I’m also considering going stock and maybe getting a set of black method wheels after I scratch up the stock ones.

Ford Bronco Badlands stock wheels growing on me 1607008047638

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

They have certainly grown on me. Being I have made the decision to scrap the Sasquatch package on my BL. I have been trying to decide on wheels. I wanted the upgrades to be able to take 35" tires. Being it doesn't appear they can, I'll probably go stock wheels and run them until I need new tires and make a decision.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I dig the stock BL wheels and getting them with my BL. I thought about upgrading to the optional Beadlocks but at 17x8 I really want to upgrade to a wider rim if I upgrade. I dig that they are a hybrid rim that is beadlock capable.

Probably will not upgrade rims for a bit and looking at the RRW or whatever they are as they have a nice 6 spoke hybrid beadlock as well...probably a few years off on those though at best.

Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From day-one I've wanted the stock Badlands wheels.

Don't let the haters bully you. The rest of us are here for you. ?
Count me a fan of the stock BL wheels, too. IMO they are the best looking wheels Ford is offering with the possible exception of the stock steelies on the BD for that classic look. I'm getting a BL and staying with the stock wheels.

Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm getting them, using them, and replacing them when they wear out or I get tired of them.

foreWard

Badlands
First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep GC Trailhawk, 2003 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have always thought the stock BL wheels were nice, but just asking to be scratched up on the trail.
I like that the sasquatch and option wheels have the ring that could be easily replaced or touched up (in theory). I have been back and forth on the upgraded wheels and keeping the stock KO2s or squatching it and being done.
But with the news that the upgraded BL wheels are cast and have such a positive offset, I might end up keeping the stock wheels and pick up some aftermarket wheels with more negative offset with 35s down the road. I like the look of the stocks painted/dipped/powder coated all black, though.....hmmm

Tdubz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I do prefer the optional wheels, but after the stock 33s wear out I would like to upgrade to a slightly bigger size. With the news that the wheels are a +55 offset, they likely won’t let a bigger tire size fit without rubbing.

So if I go BL it will definitely be with stock wheels, and depending on color I might paint them black until I’m ready to go bigger tires/aftermarket wheels
Ford Bronco Badlands stock wheels growing on me 1607008047638
Painting them black completely changes those wheels for me. Same on the outer banks wheels. If either of those wheels were offered in an all black version, I’d be perfectly happy with stock wheels.
co-Outer-Banks-Regular-No-Sasquatach-Real-Life-2-1.jpg

chownd

Outer Banks
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Painting them black completely changes those wheels for me. Same on the outer banks wheels. If either of those wheels were offered in an all black version, I’d be perfectly happy with stock wheels.
Ford Bronco Badlands stock wheels growing on me co-Outer-Banks-Regular-No-Sasquatach-Real-Life-2-1
Obx interior and wheels are maddening.
Sponsored