Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20MY F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So my question is how much better will the Bronco be on the road with the Sport mode vs not having that option? That is the only thing I wish Badlands also had. I want the electronic sway bar disconnect and rock crawl mode along with the sport mode while daily driving,

Does anyone know how much better the 2.7 will perform in Sport mode? My other question is how difficult would it be to mod the sway bar on the Wildtrak? I’m finally going to have a 4WD to start getting off road, but I like my heavy foot on the pavement.
Heavy foot on the pavement? HANDS DOWN 2.7L and DO NOT look back!
Sponsored

irv0735

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mercedes Sprinter 4x4, 2021 Bronco Reserved
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone know how much better the 2.7 will perform in Sport mode? My other question is how difficult would it be to mod the sway bar on the Wildtrak? I’m finally going to have a 4WD to start getting off road, but I like my heavy foot on the pavement.
Obviously have no clue on the Bronco, but in an F-150 equipped with the 2.7, it makes a noticable difference. Improves throttle response, holds higher revs/gears for turns, etc... I also tend to have a heavy foot on pavement and can tell you that I had a startup routine in the truck. Push-button start, shift into gear, click the mode button twice (once for tow/haul, twice for sport) and then take off. Every time. I would have to remember to shut it off for the highway so it would get better fuel economy when cruising... Now that sport may be completely different than the sport in the Bronco...

KJR50

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not telling U.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Skimmed through the post...another major difference. Badlands comes with soft top vs 4-piece hardtop on the Wildtrak (not suspension related, I know).

Still debating which one fits me better.

Last edited:

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interesting. I thought you could not get a manual with the Sasquatch package. I swear I saw a petition going around for Ford to change that.
Currently you can't get the manual with the Sasquatch.
However you can get the Sasquatch auto in either the 2.3 or 2.7.

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sequoia TRD sport, 2021 Badlands Sas, 93 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Best I can tell is everything is the same except tires, 8 vs 8.5” wide wheels, 4.5 vs 3” fender flares and 1/2” or so of lift (both have position sensitive bilstein coilovers so not sure where this comes from)

Edit: oh and Badlands has 4.7 gearing if 7MT, but not if 10AT.
I didn't know about the fenders 4.5 comes on what? 3in comes on what? I did a search also and didn't find anything. Is this know 100% for sure?

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I didn't know about the fenders 4.5 comes on what? 3in comes on what? I did a search also and didn't find anything. Is this know 100% for sure?
Squatch = estimated 4.5”
Badlands (or 285/70R17 tires) = estimated 3”

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Does anyone know if the Badlands gets a different suspension than Wildtrak? If both models are equipped with Sasquatch, is this a moot point ?

torn between the two ....thanks
Yes, Badlands and the FE will have a "Special Suspension" with a stabilizer bar disconnect.

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500 and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Love the Widetrak any way to lower it maybe .5"???? Thats all I need for it to fit in the Garage.

My Garage is curved and at the lowest point on the sides it's 75" and not a hair more. SO we are close.

jtzako

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xterra Pro4x
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Love the Widetrak any way to lower it maybe .5"???? Thats all I need for it to fit in the Garage.

My Garage is curved and at the lowest point on the sides it's 75" and not a hair more. SO we are close.
Maybe the coils are adjustable? Not sure otherwise. Is the issue the actual garage door or is it the actual structure? On my garage I had to adjust the door so it would go up farther to get my current vehicle in. The door jam had enough room but the door didnt pull quite far enough up.

Last edited:

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500 and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Maybe the coils are adjustable? Not sure otherwise. Is the issue the actual garage door or is it the actual structure? On my garage I had to adjust the door so it would go up farther to get my current vehicle in. The door jam had enough room but the door didnt pull white far enough up.

It's the curved structure of the house. So I would need to do something with the Bronco.

Sponsored

Doc64

Wildtrak
First Name
Dow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford explorer
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Does anyone know if the swaybar disconnect will be an extra option for the wildtrak?

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

It's the curved structure of the house. So I would need to do something with the Bronco.
Hey, maybe the schoolbus curve of the roof on the Bronco solves your problem!

BigLig

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wildtrak: comes standard with sasquatch pack (wider black fenders, raised height, Bilstein shocks, 35inch mud terrain, beadlock wheels)
- it has GOAT that includes BAJA mode
- it does NOT have front sway disconnect feature
-think Raptor-like

Badlands: does NOT come standard with sasquatch pack
-it has GOAT that includes BAJA + Rock Crawl mode
-33 inch All terrain tires
-height in between regular trim and wildtrak/FE
-it DOES have front sway disconnect
-steel front + rear bumper
-think Rubicon-like

So Why do ppl have such dilemma?
Because if you are truly off-roading the vehicle and rock crawling (aka will make more modifications), you know you want those steel front + rear bumpers, where it not only serves as stronger protection but also for installing more equipments on it. Also, you'd love to have that front sway bar disconnect for rock crawling

Wildtrak is already a good offroader with standard 2.7L + standard sasquatch pack (Again, think Raptor)
However, you can ALSO go Badland, Add sasquatch pack, Add V6 2.7 = May cost more than Wildtrak at the end, but compared to Wild trak, you get Rock Crawl mode, front sway disconnect, and steel front + rear bumpers (think Rubicon)
I keep going back to your post and feel there are some great points to it.

However, I think the missing consideration are:

Wildtrak has SPORT mode instead of ROCK CRAWL. For those leaning towards a more Raptor approach to their off-roading would get more daily use out of.

Steel bumpers, upgraded skid plates, rock rails (or other side protection options) can all be figured through aftermarket, or here from those selling their takeoffs.

The more I debate this with myself, the more I lean towards the Wildtrak. It’s starting to come down to that SPORT mode and aftermarket customization options. I don’t rock crawl, but I love Baja trucks. Yes, the Badlands can be built to Baja, but what’s that gonna cost? What are you going to opt out of from the Wildtrak to get there? Is it cheaper to just add those items mentioned (steel bumpers, extra skid plates, etc) for those who know won’t try to climb rocks?

Now, the one thing that still keeps me in the argument is the spray out interior with drain plugs. After a “friend” got my F150 stuck in the mud, and tried getting it out with the window down.... I’m still finding mud inside my truck 8 years later.

BigLig

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Could go with a 305/70 R-17. That is just about enough drop in height to work, and maybe not look odd?

can compare them here:https://tiresize.com/comparison/