First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Paceman JCW
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I keep going back to your post and feel there are some great points to it.

However, I think the missing consideration are:

Wildtrak has SPORT mode instead of ROCK CRAWL. For those leaning towards a more Raptor approach to their off-roading would get more daily use out of.

Steel bumpers, upgraded skid plates, rock rails (or other side protection options) can all be figured through aftermarket, or here from those selling their takeoffs.

The more I debate this with myself, the more I lean towards the Wildtrak. It’s starting to come down to that SPORT mode and aftermarket customization options. I don’t rock crawl, but I love Baja trucks. Yes, the Badlands can be built to Baja, but what’s that gonna cost? What are you going to opt out of from the Wildtrak to get there? Is it cheaper to just add those items mentioned (steel bumpers, extra skid plates, etc) for those who know won’t try to climb rocks?

Now, the one thing that still keeps me in the argument is the spray out interior with drain plugs. After a “friend” got my F150 stuck in the mud, and tried getting it out with the window down.... I’m still finding mud inside my truck 8 years later.
This defines my perfect storm and the reason I haven't ordered yet. Like you, I'm leaning towards the Wildtrak but still torn.
Sponsored

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Love the Widetrak any way to lower it maybe .5"???? Thats all I need for it to fit in the Garage.

My Garage is curved and at the lowest point on the sides it's 75" and not a hair more. SO we are close.
invest in a compressor and let out air and pump up as necessary

Indominus49er

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Romeo, Honda
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I confirmed again with my buddy that has a 2020 Raptor that he uses Baja mode and puts it into 2wd on the street. He stated it is better than sport mode. So I don't really see a need for a sport mode if that's the case

truth2ak

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mccoys2nativealaska.net
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If only the rubberized interior was optional on all... then it’d be WT.... lol
Honestly when I first saw this feature I assumed (because it made sense to me) that Ford would have this option among others, such as vinyl, cloth, leather seats, etc, across all lines as part of a interior choice options/upgrade. Still not sure why they have it set up this way but I am sure they have their reasons.

Sponsored

Visioneer

Wildtrak
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Paceman JCW
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I confirmed again with my buddy that has a 2020 Raptor that he uses Baja mode and puts it into 2wd on the street. He stated it is better than sport mode. So I don't really see a need for a sport mode if that's the case
I think the Bronco is all-time 4wd and if so will that make a difference with using Baja as a substitute for Sport Mode? If not I'm going with Badlands...plus the name Badlands sounds Badarse.

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think the Bronco is all-time 4wd and if so will that make a difference with using Baja as a substitute for Sport Mode? If not I'm going with Badlands...plus the name Badlands sounds Badarse.
The Bronco is not full time 4wd.

bladsquatch

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Some misinformation here. Badlands comes standard with the HOSS bilstein suspension system, front and rear lockers and sway bar disconnect. Heavy Duty front and rear steel bumpers, more undercarriage protection/plates, rock rails etc.
Ford Bronco Badlands suspension vs Wildtrak 51D467DD-D9C6-4ACA-B12F-02272B9DEE79
Ford Bronco Badlands suspension vs Wildtrak B6EA7E60-87AE-4645-95EF-9FD8F94ADC8E

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The Bronco is not full time 4wd.
It is not Full Time, but it does have that 4A with the Advanced 4x4 Case which is as close as you can get.

my XJ has full time and I like to reach down and put it in whenever the conditions are questionable. I like knowing it has full traction and not hoping the car figures it out when I need it.

But it is what it is I guess.

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Obviously have no clue on the Bronco, but in an F-150 equipped with the 2.7, it makes a noticable difference. Improves throttle response, holds higher revs/gears for turns, etc... I also tend to have a heavy foot on pavement and can tell you that I had a startup routine in the truck. Push-button start, shift into gear, click the mode button twice (once for tow/haul, twice for sport) and then take off. Every time. I would have to remember to shut it off for the highway so it would get better fuel economy when cruising... Now that sport may be completely different than the sport in the Bronco...
I’m just concerned about the stop/start feature these guys will have.

Sponsored

bigsky713

Badlands
First Name
Vernon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 Ford Bronco / 2002 Ford Super Duty 7.3 PS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wildtrak: comes standard with sasquatch pack (wider black fenders, raised height, Bilstein shocks, 35inch mud terrain, beadlock wheels)
- it has GOAT that includes BAJA mode
- it does NOT have front sway disconnect feature
-think Raptor-like

Badlands: does NOT come standard with sasquatch pack
-it has GOAT that includes BAJA + Rock Crawl mode
-33 inch All terrain tires
-height in between regular trim and wildtrak/FE
-it DOES have front sway disconnect
-steel front + rear bumper
-think Rubicon-like

So Why do ppl have such dilemma?
Because if you are truly off-roading the vehicle and rock crawling (aka will make more modifications), you know you want those steel front + rear bumpers, where it not only serves as stronger protection but also for installing more equipments on it. Also, you'd love to have that front sway bar disconnect for rock crawling

Wildtrak is already a good offroader with standard 2.7L + standard sasquatch pack (Again, think Raptor)
However, you can ALSO go Badland, Add sasquatch pack, Add V6 2.7 = May cost more than Wildtrak at the end, but compared to Wild trak, you get Rock Crawl mode, front sway disconnect, and steel front + rear bumpers (think Rubicon)
Will these options you mention bring the height of badlands equivalent to the wild trak?
-2.7 v6 & auto tranny
-squatch package with 35’s?

Moze

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands, 2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2017 Tesla Model S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wildtrak: comes standard with sasquatch pack (wider black fenders, raised height, Bilstein shocks, 35inch mud terrain, beadlock wheels)
- it has GOAT that includes BAJA mode
- it does NOT have front sway disconnect feature
-think Raptor-like

Badlands: does NOT come standard with sasquatch pack
-it has GOAT that includes BAJA + Rock Crawl mode
-33 inch All terrain tires
-height in between regular trim and wildtrak/FE
-it DOES have front sway disconnect
-steel front + rear bumper
-think Rubicon-like

So Why do ppl have such dilemma?
Because if you are truly off-roading the vehicle and rock crawling (aka will make more modifications), you know you want those steel front + rear bumpers, where it not only serves as stronger protection but also for installing more equipments on it. Also, you'd love to have that front sway bar disconnect for rock crawling

Wildtrak is already a good offroader with standard 2.7L + standard sasquatch pack (Again, think Raptor)
However, you can ALSO go Badland, Add sasquatch pack, Add V6 2.7 = May cost more than Wildtrak at the end, but compared to Wild trak, you get Rock Crawl mode, front sway disconnect, and steel front + rear bumpers (think Rubicon)
Excellent breakdown. The only difference for me is that the sta-bar disconnect (using Ford's terminology) is the real item here. The bumpers are usually the first thing to change on a Jeep and I expect many Bronco people will find swapping bumpers to be a cheap and quick upgrade. Sta-bar disconnects *can* be added, but it's a much bigger deal and it will likely be manual.

bigsky713

Badlands
First Name
Vernon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 Ford Bronco / 2002 Ford Super Duty 7.3 PS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone know if the swaybar disconnect will be an extra option for the wildtrak?
According to the specs & options Charts it’s not an available in the wild trak.

Moze

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Will these options you mention bring the height of badlands equivalent to the wild trak?
-2.7 v6 & auto tranny
-squatch package with 35’s?
It should, yes. And the Badlands has a lot of the Sasquatch components already, so what many are considering is just going aftermarket lift (like Fox or Icon) and 35's of their choosing (like BFG).

Moze

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

According to the specs & options Charts it’s not an available in the wild trak.
IIRC, in response to question about sta-bar disconnects being a selectable option, Levine was quoted as saying that "you can only get the sta-bar disconnect on Badlands and FE". So, it seems like a no for now.
Sponsored