First Name
Vernon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 Ford Bronco / 2002 Ford Super Duty 7.3 PS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So if you order Badlands and opt not to get thSquatch package what do you sacrifice?
taller suspension and 35’s?
Sponsored

bigsky713

Badlands
First Name
Vernon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 Ford Bronco / 2002 Ford Super Duty 7.3 PS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On a different thread there was a lot of debate, some very technical oriented on “suspension lifts” and if this will be possible with the Bronco ifs, coil over spring suspension.

would be frustrating to pay 45 + k for badlands and then need to drop an additional 10k into suspension upgrade to get desired affect.

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So if you order Badlands and opt not to get thSquatch package what do you sacrifice?
taller suspension and 35’s?
And the beadlocks and 4.7 gears if you get the auto. 4.46 is probably fine though if you lift it and put 35s.

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
On a different thread there was a lot of debate, some very technical oriented on “suspension lifts” and if this will be possible with the Bronco ifs, coil over spring suspension.

would be frustrating to pay 45 + k for badlands and then need to drop an additional 10k into suspension upgrade to get desired affect.
That's crazy talk. If you're goal is a couple inches or less of lift (i.e. enough to fit 35s) a set of 4 Bilstein 6112s (for example) will be $1500 or less. You might need to replace the UCAs too and those are about $600. Of course you may need to replace rims to push the wheels out further and the tires themselves, so another $1500-$2500 depending on what you pick. Add 500 bucks for installation, and you're at $4100-$5100 for your DIY Sasquatch.

Of course you could skim some money off of that or add a whole lot more with high end suspension or if you want to go higher and start to replace other components, but that should give you an idea.

I still think if your goal is to get 35s it's going to make more sense to just get the Squatch unless you're dead set on a manual. Especially on the Badlands as it could be rather inexpensive because, as you say, most of the Sasquatch components are already included in the Badlands.

BunkieDuster69

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 3.6 OB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m just concerned about the stop/start feature these guys will have.
Those owners of Ford ASS ( auto start stop) feature I’ve spoken to have said it’s now second nature to hit the ASS OFF button immediately following ignition(0.2 sec) .
(ASS reengages after every engine shut off)

Apparently an aftermarket co. may have a system to permanently disengage/ override the Ford ASS altogether.

Sponsored

mrklas

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda HRV
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Asking for perspectives.

I reserved the Badlands. I like the 2 door and in the past I've considered buying a 2 door Jeep but didn't think they road manners were acceptable based on the sticker price. I believe the independent from suspension and longer wheel base of the Bronco are material design differences impacting road manners.

- Badlands has two features I think differentiate it from the others. (1) Vinyl seats/rubber floor and (2) front sway bar disconnect. I wish it had the 'sport' mode but it has 'baja'!
- Wildtrak was considered but I am not clear what the unique graphics might be and that gave me pause.

My initial hypothesis is:
  • Sasquatch packing adds a incremental improvement to the Badlands stock suspension - let's say 10-20% as an estimate.
  • Badlands front sway bar disconnect adds 10-20% capability over the Wildtrak if the Badlands had the Sasquatch package.
It would seem the 4.46:1 gearing would be more suited to high speed offroading than the 4.7:1 gearing...

I'm used to sports cars and the concern for unsprung weight and 7 pounds per corner with a slightly higher center of gravity seems the Badlands without the Sasquatch package would be better suited to high speed offroading and be easier to get the dust and dirt out.

What's the impact of 33s versus 35s in high speed off-roading?

Thoughts, comments or funny memes?

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Asking for perspectives.

I reserved the Badlands. I like the 2 door and in the past I've considered buying a 2 door Jeep but didn't think they road manners were acceptable based on the sticker price. I believe the independent from suspension and longer wheel base of the Bronco are material design differences impacting road manners.

- Badlands has two features I think differentiate it from the others. (1) Vinyl seats/rubber floor and (2) front sway bar disconnect. I wish it had the 'sport' mode but it has 'baja'!
- Wildtrak was considered but I am not clear what the unique graphics might be and that gave me pause.

• Sasquatch packing adds a incremental improvement to the Badlands stock suspension - let's say 10-20% as an estimate.
  • Badlands front sway bar disconnect adds 10-20% capability over the Wildtrak if the Badlands had the Sasquatch package.
It would seem the 4.46:1 gearing would be more suited to high speed offroading than the 4.7:1 gearing...

I'm used to sports cars and the concern for unsprung weight and 7 pounds per corner with a slightly higher center of gravity seems the Badlands without the Sasquatch package would be better suited to high speed offroading and be easier to get the dust and dirt out.

The Sasquatch package also has a 2" wider track width, that along with the larger tires will give better stability and traction at speed.

BillyGoat

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Taurus Ltd. - Company Sled & Wife’s Lexus
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Asking for perspectives.

Get the gear ratios, but why would the Baja mode not be available on the Bad Lands? What do you think?

Bad Lands will be better for rock crawling and truly going everywhere.​
WildTrak will be better at high speeds in town and higher speed off-roading. It will probably have the worse fuel mileage too if you have a lead foot like me. With the 10 speed gearbox, and the Sport and Baja modes this is the current screamer...until the Raptor version is released. I think we’ll see the 3.0 TTi for that future trim.​

mrklas

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda HRV
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
BillyGoat...sometimes I'm told I'm illiterate. I understood both have Baja...the difference in GOAT modes is Badlands has Rock Crawl and Wildtrak has Sport.

Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Suspension differences:

Badlands has the sweet disconnects
Sasquatch has a longer bump stop (+10mm) to prevent the larger tires from rubbing on the fender/flare

I think that's it; both have the better of the two HOSS versions that were announced.

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BillyGoat...sometimes I'm told I'm illiterate. I understood both have Baja...the difference in GOAT modes is Badlands has Rock Crawl and Wildtrak has Sport.
Looks like someone was paying attention!! ?

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

And the beadlocks and 4.7 gears if you get the auto. 4.46 is probably fine though if you lift it and put 35s.
4.46 Or 4.26 comes with BD if I recall correctly and that‘s with both MT and AT

OK_Hunter

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infinity g37
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Does anyone actually know what the sway bar disconnect actually adds in terms of suspension travel? I thought I read 1.4 inches, but I can't find it. 1.4 inches does not seem like it's worth it to me... If someone has other data, I would love to hear it!!

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone actually know what the sway bar disconnect actually adds in terms of suspension travel? I thought I read 1.4 inches, but I can't find it. 1.4 inches does not seem like it's worth it to me... If someone has other data, I would love to hear it!!
1.4" is lot when you're in the rocks and traction limited
Sponsored