Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infinity g37
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
1.4" is lot when you're in the rocks and traction limited
I found that GIF that showed the disconnect in action during the bronco release night... Looked like way more than 1.4 inches, so I stand corrected!
Sponsored

rynomar

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone actually know what the sway bar disconnect actually adds in terms of suspension travel? I thought I read 1.4 inches, but I can't find it. 1.4 inches does not seem like it's worth it to me... If someone has other data, I would love to hear it!!
Based off of the listed RTI numbers it looks like the disco will get you around 4.75" of additional travel for both the 2 Door and 4 Door. This is assuming they used a 20 degree ramp.
2 Door (100.4" Wheel Base): Connected = 560 (56.22"), Disco = 700 (70.28")
Difference = 14.06" increased travel up 20 degree ramp
sin(20)*14.06 = 4.8" vertical difference

OK_Hunter

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infinity g37
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Based off of the listed RTI numbers it looks like the disco will get you around 4.75" of additional travel for both the 2 Door and 4 Door. This is assuming they used a 20 degree ramp.
2 Door (100.4" Wheel Base): Connected = 560 (56.22"), Disco = 700 (70.28")
Difference = 14.06" increased travel up 20 degree ramp
sin(20)*14.06 = 4.8" vertical difference
Awesome thanks!! ~5 inches is significant!!

G2SKIER

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Built 17 ZR2 37s. New Silverado LT, RZR Turbo S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From the Q&A with Ford...10mm bump spacer is the only difference on the wildtrak/launch/squatch vs the badlands. The sway disconnect as well obviously. No ride height difference vs Sasquatch if you were to add 35s to the badlands.

0D6503A6-D182-48EA-92E9-5D19A97DC71C.png

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Love the Widetrak any way to lower it maybe .5"???? Thats all I need for it to fit in the Garage.

My Garage is curved and at the lowest point on the sides it's 75" and not a hair more. SO we are close.
4 door Wild track has a height 73", so you should be good

Sponsored

siddious33

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee; 2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The more and more I read through these, the more I think I will go 2 door Badlands with 33 inch tires and forego the Sasquatch pack, keep the manual transmission and then just swap to taller tires later (and add bump stops if they are really needed.)

BillyGoat

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Taurus Ltd. - Company Sled & Wife’s Lexus
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

BillyGoat...sometimes I'm told I'm illiterate. I understood both have Baja...the difference in GOAT modes is Badlands has Rock Crawl and Wildtrak has Sport.
This is where I got schooled from First On Race Day:
Ford Bronco Badlands suspension vs Wildtrak 5CB09B9B-3BF1-4047-9F54-A6BFECE310A1

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Woodwalker

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So my question is how much better will the Bronco be on the road with the Sport mode vs not having that option? That is the only thing I wish Badlands also had. I want the electronic sway bar disconnect and rock crawl mode along with the sport mode while daily driving,

Does anyone know how much better the 2.7 will perform in Sport mode? My other question is how difficult would it be to mod the sway bar on the Wildtrak? I’m finally going to have a 4WD to start getting off road, but I like my heavy foot on the pavement.
I too was wondering about an aftermarket sway bar disconnect. If so I might skip the Badlands. The goat modes are just confusing to me. All I want is 4H and 4L. Some one did mention that you could alter the goat modes on another thread

Torgsurv

Base
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Bronco XLT 5.0 "Mando"
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The Badlands and FE have a "unique heavy-duty suspension", aka "Badlands Suspension", while all other models have "Standard-Duty Suspension". The details have not been revealed yet, but it likely has to do with more than just the upgraded shocks and front axle (which are shared with Wildtrak and Sasquatch), and it is distinct from the "High-Clearance Suspension" and the stabilizer bar disconnect. Most likely, it includes stronger A-arms, links, and other suspension hardware that can handle higher stress and torsion.
20200828_194533.jpg

Badlands:
Screenshot_20200829-094704_Chrome.jpg

Wildtrak:
Screenshot_20200829-094733_Chrome.jpg

Here are the suspension travel numbers:
20200828_194210.jpg

Converted to inches:
Base front/rear: 7.87/8.46
Badlands front/rear: 9.45/10.28
Difference front/rear: 1.58/1.82

Hammey

Badlands
First Name
bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, 1970 Corvette. and a Beagle
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great Discussion here as I am torn between both trims. I have question about the Trail control, trail turn assist, and trail one-pedal. This is standard on the wildtrak but an option with the badlands. This would be awesome to be able to turn on a dime. Anyone know what option this is associated with? SAS package maybe?
https://www.musclecarsandtrucks.com/ford-bronco-trail-turn-assist-video/

GoneAndDusted

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great Discussion here as I am torn between both trims. I have question about the Trail control, trail turn assist, and trail one-pedal. This is standard on the wildtrak but an option with the badlands. This would be awesome to be able to turn on a dime. Anyone know what option this is associated with? SAS package maybe?
https://www.musclecarsandtrucks.com/ford-bronco-trail-turn-assist-video/
Trail Control and Trail Turn Assist come with the automatic transmission.

Trail one pedal driving is included with the automatic transmission and 2.7L engine.
Sponsored