First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone know if the Badlands gets a different suspension than Wildtrak? If both models are equipped with Sasquatch, is this a moot point ?

torn between the two ....thanks
Sponsored

Orangeinthebarn

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 z71, 1992 bronco, 1977 F-150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Does anyone know if the Badlands gets a different suspension than Wildtrak? If both models are equipped with Sasquatch, is this a moot point ?

torn between the two ....thanks
Badlands is between stock height and Sasquatch

OP
OP

TouchMe

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You sir are a gentlemen and a scholar

texasholdems

Wildtrak
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E90 M3 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Wildtrak: comes standard with sasquatch pack (wider black fenders, raised height, Bilstein shocks, 35inch mud terrain, beadlock wheels)
- it has GOAT that includes BAJA mode
- it does NOT have front sway disconnect feature
-think Raptor-like

Badlands: does NOT come standard with sasquatch pack
-it has GOAT that includes BAJA + Rock Crawl mode
-33 inch All terrain tires
-height in between regular trim and wildtrak/FE
-it DOES have front sway disconnect
-steel front + rear bumper
-think Rubicon-like

So Why do ppl have such dilemma?
Because if you are truly off-roading the vehicle and rock crawling (aka will make more modifications), you know you want those steel front + rear bumpers, where it not only serves as stronger protection but also for installing more equipments on it. Also, you'd love to have that front sway bar disconnect for rock crawling

Wildtrak is already a good offroader with standard 2.7L + standard sasquatch pack (Again, think Raptor)
However, you can ALSO go Badland, Add sasquatch pack, Add V6 2.7 = May cost more than Wildtrak at the end, but compared to Wild trak, you get Rock Crawl mode, front sway disconnect, and steel front + rear bumpers (think Rubicon)

Last edited:
OP
OP

TouchMe

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great explanation. Thanks

Sponsored

Buckin’Around

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mercedes Benz ML63
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So what if you got the Sasquatch package on the badlands? Does that change the trans and the engine as well to the 10 speed and 2.7? Seems silly to me that ford would do that.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Best I can tell is everything is the same except tires, 8 vs 8.5” wide wheels, 4.5 vs 3” fender flares and 1/2” or so of lift (both have position sensitive bilstein coilovers so not sure where this comes from)

Edit: oh and Badlands has 4.7 gearing if 7MT, but not if 10AT.

texasholdems

Wildtrak
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E90 M3 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So what if you got the Sasquatch package on the badlands? Does that change the trans and the engine as well to the 10 speed and 2.7? Seems silly to me that ford would do that.
No, to my understanding, engine choice is independent of sasquatch pack.
In fact, in a 2.3L base trim, you CAN add sasquatch pack. This in fact is a real smart move by Ford, that such an option does not need to be "exponentially built" (instead of making us choose option A,B,C to get to D, you can get to option D without selecting A,B,C)

Buckin’Around

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mercedes Benz ML63
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Interesting. I thought you could not get a manual with the Sasquatch package. I swear I saw a petition going around for Ford to change that.

Mountain Man

Badlands
First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford F250 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wildtrak: comes standard with sasquatch pack (wider black fenders, raised height, Bilstein shocks, 35inch mud terrain, beadlock wheels)
-think Raptor-like

-think Rubicon-like

Because if you are truly off-roading the vehicle and rock crawling (aka will make more modifications), you know you want those steel front + rear bumpers, where it not only serves as stronger protection but also for installing more equipments on it. Also, you'd love to have that front sway bar disconnect for rock crawling

Wildtrak is already a good offroader with standard 2.7L + standard sasquatch pack (Again, think Raptor)
However, you can ALSO go Badland, Add sasquatch pack, Add V6 2.7 = May cost more than Wildtrak at the end, but compared to Wild trak, you get Rock Crawl mode, front sway disconnect, and steel front + rear bumpers (think Rubicon)
Great summary. One addition, Wildtrak has a "Sport" driving mode instead of the "Rock Crawl" on the Badlands.

Sponsored

mbjay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion Xb, Alfa Romeo 4C, Lexus NX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interesting. I thought you could not get a manual with the Sasquatch package. I swear I saw a petition going around for Ford to change that.
Correct, you can only get the auto trans with SQ but you can get either engine.

BroncoOvrlndr

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great summary. One addition, Wildtrak has a "Sport" driving mode instead of the "Rock Crawl" on the Badlands.
So my question is how much better will the Bronco be on the road with the Sport mode vs not having that option? That is the only thing I wish Badlands also had. I want the electronic sway bar disconnect and rock crawl mode along with the sport mode while daily driving,

Does anyone know how much better the 2.7 will perform in Sport mode? My other question is how difficult would it be to mod the sway bar on the Wildtrak? I’m finally going to have a 4WD to start getting off road, but I like my heavy foot on the pavement.

BigLig

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is true currently. As I see it, the Badlands gives you a “blank canvas” for build flexibility.

If you select the Badlands, you don’t need to select Sasquatch but you still get:
Suspension of the Sas
Manual transmission (although it seems going with the 2.7 changes that...sadly)
Stability bar disconnect
And freedom to do your own wheels and tires in either a rock crawl or Baja build direction.

To me, it’s the “Swiss Army Knife”... you can build your rig as you want... Rock Crawler, Baja, Overlander, MallCrawler...

Phil_Is_My_Middle_Name

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20MY F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

-think Raptor-like

-think Rubicon-like

Yep and also allows for the 2.3L/Manual with them 33's :)

Phil_Is_My_Middle_Name

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20MY F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is true currently. As I see it, the Badlands gives you a “blank canvas” for build flexibility.

If you select the Badlands, you don’t need to select Sasquatch but you still get:
Suspension of the Sas
Manual transmission (although it seems going with the 2.7 changes that...sadly)
Stability bar disconnect
And freedom to do your own wheels and tires in either a rock crawl or Baja build direction.

To me, it’s the “Swiss Army Knife”... you can build your rig as you want... Rock Crawler, Baja, Overlander, MallCrawler...
Spot on!
Sponsored