badlands tires. Sasquatch or 33s?

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
mainly im making this thread because i saw somewhere that the sasquatch tires being run on other cars get terrible life out of them. one guy said only 21k miles before they were shot.

Is this realistic? are the sasquatch tires going to just get completely ate away rapidly?

I want to get sasquatch because i dont want to regret it later. But im worried about tire life and on road comfort.

Should i just get 2 sets of tires? One for off road and one for daily driver? if i do should i stay with 35's or drop to 33s for daily driver? will the gearing make 33s worse?
Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would figure that a lot depends on tire pressure but also think that dirt tires are softer than road tires so they "should" burn through quicker. But that is a big expense every 20K (year, year and a half).

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
mainly im making this thread because i saw somewhere that the sasquatch tires being run on other cars get terrible life out of them. one guy said only 21k miles before they were shot.
Since the Sasquatch GoodYear M/T is a completely new tire that is not yet available, and no one has run them except those testing Broncos...I don't think what the "one guy said" is valid.

jdogi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought that the new Goodyear Territory tires were not yet in the wild. Who says they got onlly 21k miles out of them?

OP
OP

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Since the Sasquatch GoodYear M/T is a completely new tire that is not yet available, and no one has run them except those testing Broncos...I don't think what the "one guy said" is valid.
this was also another thing i heard that the tires in the sasquatch wont be mud terrain but something new that might be an in between

anybody confirm this?

Sponsored

Bvbronco

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jeep wrangler sport s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Slow your roll. Unless you are running the tires yourself do not buy what you read ..Air ,care and age of the vehicle, road conditions and more control the mileage you get out of a tire. Get the bronco you want.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
this was also another thing i heard that the tires in the sasquatch wont be mud terrain but something new that might be an in between

anybody confirm this?
You can confirm it just by looking at them.

Ford Bronco badlands tires. Sasquatch or 33s? FordBronco_parts_07 - compressed

jdogi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

anybody confirm this?
It's clear from all of the images that these M/Ts do not have a very aggressive mud tread pattern. I believe there was an interview where some Goodyear reps referred to them as "Maximum Traction", or some such marketing words. If they were "real" M/Ts, I wouldn't even consider the 33s as an upgrade for my BL. I am because they're not. But seriously, $139 per tire to go from KO2s to Goodyears? I'll pass.

"Hybrids" are everywhere these days, most marked with a M/T designation, while really being somewhere between a traditional M/T and an A/T.

Here's a more traditional M/T. Notice the minimal siping and the large gaps between the lugs.

Ford Bronco badlands tires. Sasquatch or 33s? 1603754201607

EDIT: typo and more info

Last edited:

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Abraham Lincoln said once, "Don't believe everything you hear about on the internet."

Sage advice.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
M/T gets used as a buzz word because people believe it to mean Mud Terrain when nowadays it can also mean maximum traction or multi-terrain.

Sponsored

jdogi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

M/T gets used as a buzz word because people believe it to mean Mud Terrain when nowadays it can also mean maximum traction or multi-terrain.
Well, Ford is calling these "Mud Terrain" in many places... but, whatever.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, Ford is calling these "Mud Terrain" in many places... but, whatever.
Yeah, Goodyear dropped the term "Mud Terrain" in all their descriptions for marketing purposes, and that's why they said in the video that they generically prefer the term "Max Traction". They were speaking generally about that category, and how they market it. Not that there was some "new class" of tire. Everyone seized it though. Ford calls them "Mud Terrain" in all of their promo materials, all of their literature, because that is the common name of the class of tire.

Jak

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was wondering the same the thing, dont want to regret not getting the Sasquatch later on.
Is it ok to run 33s on a Sasquatch? Mainly for comfort and noise.

Techqua

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was wondering the same the thing, dont want to regret not getting the Sasquatch later on.
Is it ok to run 33s on a Sasquatch? Mainly for comfort and noise.
I want to know this too. After seeing 35 in tires today, I think they may be too big. Liked the 33 KO2s on a different Wrangler.

LandCruiser

Base
First Name
Bocephias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

BFG has been making mud terrain-ish tires with the TA/KO for years. They’re actually pretty good. The KO2’s especially. Goodyear is just doing the same thing.
Sponsored