Sponsored

Badlands: To Squatch or Not to Squatch

Which has the better on-road ride quality?

• Sasquatched Badlands

• Non-SAS Badlands

Results are only viewable after voting.

vrewald14

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Ford Excursion, 79 Ford Bronco, 04 Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As we steadily approach the end of MY 22, and prepare to re-order for MY 23, I'm seriously considering changing my order from a Non-SAS Badlands to a Sasquatched Badlands.

Originally I had a couple assumptions pushing me to non-SAS, but now I'm questioning these assumptions.

I originally assumed that:
  • non-SAS would give better daily driver ride quality than with Sasquatch
  • non-SAS would give significantly better MPG than with Sasquatch
  • Sasquatch would be too doggy feeling with only the 2.3L
As I read around doing more research after taking a break from the forums, it seems to me that actually my initial assumptions are all wrong. Instead, it seems to me that as people have begun driving and using these in the real world that:
  • Sasquatch gives the best daily driver ride over pavement
  • There is not a significant MPG reduction with SAS vs without
  • Sasquatch feels just fine with the 2.3L
Would you agree with my assumptions based on your real world experiences? Who has actually driven both and can comment? It's starting to feel like the Sasquatch route is actually the better approach.

Also- Seeing so many Sasquatched rigs in person has convinced me that this truly is a beastly awesome look!

Price adder: On a Badlands it seems correct that if you're already planning to get an Auto, the price adder is only $2,495. Is this correct? Do you feel like this is a good value for a Badlands?
Sponsored

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

im in the minority but i say no sas.

non sas has the best travel bilsteins. 2500 extra you can go get any 35s and rims you want.

2.3 is fine. you will have the gearing, disconnects, and lockers.

Skmarshall

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'96 F150, '16 Escape, '19 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I chose non. Also worth considering is the lifetime cost of 33s vs 35s. I imagine I will go through several sets in it's life

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I chose non. Also worth considering is the lifetime cost of 33s vs 35s. I imagine I will go through several sets in it's life
same. i went 33 wildpeaks and love it. perfect in-between for offroad and pavement.

Sponsored

BigGarnet

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a Badlands with Sasquatch..and it drives great. I think you're crazy not to Sasquatch it. The truck looks way better, has significantly better ground clearance, has taller gears, a bit of extra lift. It's a no brainer for what it costs to add on.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hard to say since we don't know the 2023 pricing yet. But assuming it is similar to 2022 pricing...

If you are buying the manual transmission... you should NOT get the Sasquatch package. It just doesn't make any sense.

If you are getting the automatic transmission... I could understand why folks would upgrade to Sasquatch package, and I definitely wouldn't fault anyone for getting it. BUT, I personally would not. The Goodyear Territory M/Ts leave a lot to be desired in general, and for someone who lives up north and intends to be taking this thing in the snow I rather have a better tire. Since I don't plan on going larger than 35" tires, I also don't need the 4.70 axle ratio, and everything else in the Sasquatch package is already standard on the Badlands. So I would feel rather dumb spending $2495 getting the Sasquatch package and them immediately spending another $1900 or so switching out the tires for a set that are better in the snow.

equitasforall

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Badlands Sasquatch. Nuff said.

BEFC8EDF-D858-44F6-BF16-BA75A2E5B581.jpeg

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
As we steadily approach the end of MY 22, and prepare to re-order for MY 23, I'm seriously considering changing my order from a Non-SAS Badlands to a Sasquatched Badlands.

As I read around doing more research after taking a break from the forums, it seems to me that actually my initial assumptions are all wrong. Instead, it seems to me that as people have begun driving and using these in the real world that:
  • Sasquatch gives the best daily driver ride over pavement
  • There is not a significant MPG reduction with SAS vs without
  • Sasquatch feels just fine with the 2.3L
Would you agree with my assumptions based on your real world experiences? Who has actually driven both and can comment? It's starting to feel like the Sasquatch route is actually the better approach.

Price adder: On a Badlands it seems correct that if you're already planning to get an Auto, the price adder is only $2,495. Is this correct? Do you feel like this is a good value for a Badlands?
Prices:
Auto on a badlands adds $1595 today. No idea what it will be on a 2023.
Sasquatch adds $4090 to the badlands. Again, no idea what it will be on a 2023

The fuel economy is no doubt worse with bigger tires. And yes, the 2.3l motor is a very capable unit.

For me it would be just that simple, do I need the sas suspension or do I just want just a look. If it's just a look, skip the sas.

ksdon

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
One other consideration is the load weight limit for the tailgate.
A SAS spare of the same brand and type is heavier than a Badlands standard size.
This may or may not matter to OP. On our SAS it has kept me from considering spare tire type fuel carriers due to the extra weight they add.

Sponsored

centra28

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a Badlands Sasquatch and I LOVE IT. Wouldn’t have it any other way!

My initial order skipped out on the Squatch. I was losing sleep over it until I eventually added it to my order. So glad I did!

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
1st don't expect a big difference in the gas mileage between the 2.3 and the 2.7. The 2.7 and 2.3 mileage are barely significant when cruising. The 2.3 manual with the granny gear is likely to be able to crawl vertically, assuming that the tires were that sticky. So for off-roading, the 2.3 vs 2.7 debate is moot.

If you get a manual, get it because you have to have a manual, and not because you think that you are going to be getting better mileage (it will be a minimal difference). If you are capable of taking advantage of the manual over the automatic off-road, then you are in rare company, and maybe the manual is the best choice for you. The automatic is the best off-road choice for most people.

If you think that the 4.7 gears are important, they are not. The difference between the 4.46 and the 4.7 gears is 5%.

The 33" tires are lighter and will be better for highway mileage. The 35" tires certainly give more clearance, but the non-sasquatch Badlands have greater articulation (roughly 5% more).

If it were me, I would get the non-sasquatch Badlands over the Sasquatch Badlands.

Last edited:

TenSeven

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love the way my BadSquatch drives on-road, zero complaints. My wife is very particular about ride quality and has no trouble with it either.

...2500 extra you can go get any 35s and rims you want.
What color is the sky on your planet?

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
I hate to say this without insulting anyone else's Bronco but its Sasquatch or nothing for me. Not a fan of any of the Broncos I've seen out in public without the Sasquatch package. They just don't look right to me especially 4 doors. Too wide and long to have small tires. Too disproportionate. It's only my personal opinion. My taste.

GET THE SASQUATCH PACKAGE!
Sponsored