Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Whip
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
+1

Offroad equipment has vinyl, it gets hot. My Ranger had vinyl before vinyl was cool, it got hot too.

I take the cushion off my tractor and just sit on the steel pan seat in the summer.
I really hope Ford uses a higher grade of vinyl than off road equipment and tractors.
Sponsored

IXFE

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
A friend of mine has a Mercedes. The leather in that thing puts all other automotive leather Ford uses to shame.
100% agree. I drive a 2018 M4 with BMW’s full Merino Leather option. It’s got 27k miles on it and the leather is soooooo much nicer than even brand new leather in my 2019 F-250 Lariat (not platinum). Ford Lariat leather is garbage.

ozzz

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Genesis
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm happy to be wrong! Please show me where on the ford b&p does it say power seats for four door leather on the badlands? I'm litereally looking at it and it says nothing about carpet or power seats?

Screen Shot 2020-11-24 at 6.56.04 PM.png

Skeletor

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Whip
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
100% agree. I drive a 2018 M4 with BMW’s full Merino Leather option. It’s got 27k miles on it and the leather is soooooo much nicer than even brand new leather in my 2019 F-250 Lariat (not platinum). Ford Lariat leather is garbage.
The Merino leather is next level. Even the leather smell is incredible.

IXFE

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I'm happy to be wrong! Please show me where on the ford b&p does it say power seats for four door leather on the badlands? I'm litereally looking at it and it says nothing about carpet or power seats?
go to 10:20 on this video.

Sponsored

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Screen Shot 2020-11-24 at 6.56.04 PM.png
On the screen you’re on in BnP, click into the Leather Trimmed seats section and scroll up, you will see the 4 door section and it says the following about power seats. This box and text do not mention carpet but the video does Say carpet with leather.

Ford Bronco Badlands Vinyl vs Leather 41E4CB34-DB36-4F47-9515-D3F41BC922E4

Wahoowa

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Every person that has actually touched the MGV has said that, that I've seen post. There is no " almost ". It is a downgrade.
100% back this up - was able to touch both seats when I checked them out in TN. MGV for me - part of reason I went from FE to BL.

mikeheel

Wildtrak
First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lovelikehateblog.wordpress.com
Vehicle(s)
Azure Gray Wildtrak, BWM K1600B, Ford Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The one sticking point in my build is whether I do the MGV or leather. I'm in my mid-50s and have a bad back, so I really like the idea of the power seat. I haven't had a lot of success getting good lower back support on non-powered seats. But I also really like the MGV and have not really been impressed with Ford's leather.

In my dreams, they add a power and cooling option to MGV with a sealed unit as a late option. Extremely unlikely, I know; but I can dream, right?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ah appreciate that, I missed the Build site update. it used to say manual.

well thats another nail in the first edition coffin for me then.

last thing left for FE is 2.7L with sound deadening in the hard top... but Id pass on that if need be.
Oh! In that case let me help!

Skip the oem hard top sound deadening and go with Hotheads. Ive had them in my jeep for a while and they’re great.

I’ll be adding them to my BL build.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/hello-from-hothead-headliners.9071/

Skeletor

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Whip
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm thinking of going Hotheads after purchase as well. We don't know the quality of OEM or what Hotheads will be, BUT I hate the idea of rolling that ~$400 into the life of the loan.
I know hotheads and they’re amazing. I would be *shocked* if the oem offering was even on par.

IMHO skip the oem option, then add the hotheads down the line when they’re available / you have the cash on hand.

Plus, adding it later will let you appreciate them even more.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Rubisquatch - thank you! I am an idiot.... i am also super happy to be wrong and saddened that i will now be spending more money for the missus to have power seats. here to for I had told her they were not an option.
Glad you’re in good spirits... we really tripped all over each other earlier in this thread to point out you were wrong.

i was worried we wouldn’t hear from you again.

;)

Skeletor

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Whip
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I know hotheads and they’re amazing. I would be *shocked* if the oem offering was even on par.

IMHO skip the oem option, then add the hotheads down the line when they’re available / you have the cash on hand.

Plus, adding it later will let you appreciate them even more.
I was thinking the same thing. Plus, I've seen thr posts from the Hotheads owner on here. He seems like a good dude, and I'd love to support his business.

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you have the option for MGV or Leather and you're ok with manual seats, get the MGV. Felt the same quality as the leather in my Fusion. Save yourself two grand
Sponsored