Badlands Vinyl vs Leather

nvabill

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara, C-182 Skylane
So I’ve watched videos, scoped the material vid and have looked at some posts of people saying that the MGV is super solid and going to leather would almost be a downgrade..
I’m considering a Manual Shadow Black Badlands Sas/high pkg..

Now, I’m not huge on the orange stitching or accents in the interior. I’d be happier with the blue accents on the oh shit handles and whatnot, but what the hell were they thinking with orange.. would going leather give me a different stitching? The materials vid just mentions Blacked out seats, when they mention leather..
hopefully can trade my orange accented parts to someone who ends up with the blue ones..
Man I can't wait to see both versions in the flesh!

Advertisement

ronstar

Black Diamond
First Name
Ron
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, corvette
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

That is MGV
I thought they were MGV, (and the floor has the drain plugs of the mgv seat interior) but I was told that they were leather at super cel east.

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
BUT I hate the idea of rolling that ~$400 into the life of the loan.
You'll pay a whopping @$40 more on a 60 month loan ,lol

JWBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Josh
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Edge
Very much answered.

Power is available on 4-door BL but only with leather. Choosing leather also means getting the carpet interior (no wash-out).
Is this true on the 2 door even though it doesn’t get power seats?

rapidredbronco2021

Outer Banks
First Name
Jack
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD 2019 Ford Escape
I'm leaning towards the MGV more than the leather. I'd prefer leather over cloth but the MGV looks nice and seems to feel similar to leather.

I like the idea of accent colors but I'm not crazy about the orange or blue stitching in the seats but it's not a big deal for me.

Rubisquatch

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 10A Rubi, 14 HR Rubi, WRX, 19 Edge
@Rubisquatch - thank you! I am an idiot.... i am also super happy to be wrong and saddened that i will now be spending more money for the missus to have power seats. here to for I had told her they were not an option.
Plus you do get the rear cup holders in the armrest, those are worth $1k a piece at least.

IfIHMadeA2021Scout

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer Sport Trac, IH Scout 80
Two more! If you zoom in it’s easy to tell the difference.

MGV - there’s actually a subtle pattern to it up close.
3EC65A27-A0B5-47F4-A947-AE2B6A5AF3BA.jpeg
Looks like the material the seat cushions in my church had in the early 70's. What's old is new again!

Requiring carpet in Badlands killed the leather option for me. The leather with rubber flooring and carpeted mats in my SportTrac is awesome and lasted a long time. I wanted that again. If MGV wears well I guess I can expect similar performance. Other than the carpeted floor mats the interior can look like new with a wet rag when you wash the car. I suspect even the floor mats would look good if I tried.

Judge Rufus

Wildtrak
First Name
Wheeler
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Leather will wear 1000x better than that vinyl. I'm happy to spend an extra $2k for the leather seats. I'm not spending over 50 grand for a vehicle with all vinyl seats. I've seen the MGV and no matter how someone spins it to justify not paying the option price, it is nowhere near the quality of leather. I just wish the whole damn seat was leather. Ford cheaped out here, along with all the interior options.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 GC Trailhawk, ‘05 LJ, ‘17 F150 3.5 Screw
The one sticking point in my build is whether I do the MGV or leather. I'm in my mid-50s and have a bad back, so I really like the idea of the power seat. I haven't had a lot of success getting good lower back support on non-powered seats. But I also really like the MGV and have not really been impressed with Ford's leather.

In my dreams, they add a power and cooling option to MGV with a sealed unit as a late option. Extremely unlikely, I know; but I can dream, right?
Wife wants power seats in her 4dr BL which means leather and carpet which Im ok with. Since no one has been able to pick apart the inside of the seats to see where Ford mounted various sensors, most likely I will be a guineau pig in disassembling the seats to see if I can install the katzkin cooled seat components. Had cooled seats on 3 of our vehicles and they get used alot. My jeep has higher end vinyl seats and I hate the swampa** you get both top up or down and doors on/off.

Gamecock

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 FJ Cruiser
Leather will wear 1000x better than that vinyl. I'm happy to spend an extra $2k for the leather seats. I'm not spending over 50 grand for a vehicle with all vinyl seats. I've seen the MGV and no matter how someone spins it to justify not paying the option price, it is nowhere near the quality of leather. I just wish the whole damn seat was leather. Ford cheaped out here, along with all the interior options.
1000x better wear? Why don’t they use it on high end boats?

ClaviusBase

Badlands
First Name
Ricky
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Chevy Nova
Is this true on the 2 door even though it doesn’t get power seats?
This is my one remaining question. There has been no clear answer anywhere.
I would really like carpet with the leather regardless if there are power seats or not.

Advertisement

Advertisement