Sponsored

HickoryHouse

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Kia Optima Turbo... Can it last till the Bronco comes out?!?!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So what we are saying is that we really don't know much of anything about Sasquatch.....
Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
there is a sway bar out there that is called the antirock bar now this allows flex/travel but will still have some body roll control.

https://www.rockjock4x4.com/antirock-sway-bars-3
Ive had both physical quick disconnects and the antirock on my wrangler and I'll take my antirock that's still on my jeep any day of the week for offroading. Does it have more body roll on the street, sure, but you also have 5 adjustments settings one could use.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The more I read this thread and obsess over the details, the less I'm interested in the Sasquatch Package. I feel the Badlands with 33" tires will be more than capable climbing rocks and dirt, more comfortable drives getting to the trailheads throughout the United States, quieter/lower RPM rides overall, and can still get the automatic with the trail assist software.

Now it's a decision between M/T or A/T tires.

Any thoughts on best tire option for the Badlands without Sasquatch?
I'm thinking of selling my Badlands KO2's as takeoffs and buying the 285/70R17 Falken Wildpeak A/T3W's

Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

Last edited:

Sponsored

MVP

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The sway bar end links are connected to the control arms so when one side moves up it will only travel so far until it reaches max twist and then begins to pick up the other side of the suspension not allowing it any more down travel.

try this article maybe explain it better.......

https://www.off-road.com/trucks-4x4...necting-sway-bar-systems-explained-54264.html

If you think I don't understand, ask any drag racer he will say the same. with the sway bar connected you limit the travel of your front suspension it is only allowed to droop so far before picking up the suspension. with the bar disconnected it is allow to droop further, i.e nothing tying it to the other side. I should know I used to drag race my fox body. 60 foot times are better with it disconnected . In the off road world it gives it more flex by allowing tire more travel to stay on the ground.

Not trying to be a dick but I have been there and done that in both off road and drag racing.

there is a sway bar out there that is called the antirock bar now this allows flex/travel but will still have some body roll control.

https://www.rockjock4x4.com/antirock-sway-bars-3
It Doesn’t say anything about allowing more travel in that link you sent. Like I said the travel comes from the shock. The sway bar disconnects in the middle how would that give more travel? It gives more flex and twist just like the article says. But that is flex and twist independent from each other.

if you were going high speed and ran over a curb straight on the disconnect would not give more travel.

jproctor2048

First Name
John Proctor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru Outback, 1981 Jeep CJ5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Can we talk a little about the difference between 4.46 gears and 4.7 (i.e. pros and cons).

I am still confused about the main differences. (talking automatic here btw)

Is it mainly that on the lower end, the 4.7 will be able to roll at lower speeds?
The larger the tires, the lower gearing that is required in the axle. They have axle ratio charts to help understand what gears are needed for certain tires. Now each vehicle can be slightly different depending on what transmission and engine they have. The new Jeep JL's have a lower first gear than previous Jeeps so they get by with slightly higher gears with larger tires. Check out this article and maybe it will help you understand.

Ford Bronco Badlands vs. BadSquatch (Badlands + Sasquatch) Comparison Chart FF6A7607-943D-4C30-B13E-ACA1B88A2ECA
https://www.quadratec.com/c/reference/gear-ratio-guide-for-larger-tires

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It Doesn’t say anything about allowing more travel in that link you sent. Like I said the travel comes from the shock. The sway bar disconnects in the middle how would that give more travel? It gives more flex and twist just like the article says. But that is flex and twist independent from each other.

if you were going high speed and ran over a curb straight on the disconnect would not give more travel.

I get it, I guess I got hung up on the terms. I should not have used the word travel, articulation should be better.

just for the record 4th paragraph has this.....

The way just about every off-road enthusiasts gets around the need for a sway bar is simple: by disconnecting the sway bar links once on the trail, off-roaders are able to use more of the suspension travel from side to side.

so it does say travel but it means articulation.

MVP

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I get it, I guess I got hung up on the terms. I should not have used the word travel, articulation should be better.

just for the record 4th paragraph has this.....

The way just about every off-road enthusiasts gets around the need for a sway bar is simple: by disconnecting the sway bar links once on the trail, off-roaders are able to use more of the suspension travel from side to side.

so it does say travel but it means articulation.
Yeah they qualify it with “side to side” travel. That could be confusing. But yes more articulation definitely.

The original question was whether all Sasquatch packages will have limited travel or just the ones that have the disconnect. I believe that all will be limited because of the tire size traveling up and down in the wheel well.

Sponsored

BroAD

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm thinking of selling my Badlands KO2's as takeoffs and buying the 285/70R17 Falken Wildpeak A/T3W's

Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}
Are these better than the Goodyear Duratracs? I had those on my Xterra but never did any serious off-roading with them.

I’d hate to put Wrangler anything on my Bronco. I hope the Territory are good tires but they are Wranglers too though Ford said in a press release the mention of Wrangler will be small on the inside of the tire.

So many choices...

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Do you know how many tires Goodyear has the "Wrangler" name attached to? 13 tires >> https://www.tirerack.com/tires/goodyear-tires.jsp

Wrangler is a branding/marketing term which means it has no bearing on the tire itself

For example, most people do not say "wrangler Duratrac" .. they just say GY Duratrac or Duratrac

BTW .. the Duratrac is a great all-around tire. I ran them on my 2013 and my 2019 Raptor

Ford Bronco Badlands vs. BadSquatch (Badlands + Sasquatch) Comparison Chart 1595643756775

Ford Bronco Badlands vs. BadSquatch (Badlands + Sasquatch) Comparison Chart 1595643791136

Ford Bronco Badlands vs. BadSquatch (Badlands + Sasquatch) Comparison Chart 1595643802539

Are these better than the Goodyear Duratracs? I had those on my Xterra but never did any serious off-roading with them.

I’d hate to put Wrangler anything on my Bronco. I hope the Territory are good tires but they are Wranglers too though Ford said in a press release the mention of Wrangler will be small on the inside of the tire.

So many choices...

Metal_Horses

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 1969 Mustang, 85 SVO, Mach-e
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Goodyear is an American company so I go to them first.

I know GY is making OEM tires without "Wrangler" on the outside of the tire, but what about when it's time to replace tires? I can't imagine them stocking a tire just for the Bronco?

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
There are other manufacturers that have speciality made for them and tire rack stocks them.

Goto tirerack.com and checkout Michelin pilot super sport in size 265/35/19 and you will 6 offerings in that size. Why would they have 6 offerings in the same size tire? Because each is a special model made for manufacturers like Porsche, Mercedes and bmw. Btw these models are low volume when compared to the bronco.

Don’t worry ... Goodyear will make them and tire rack will stock them. I bet ford is making Goodyear make extra and make them available or there is no deal and ford will work with another tire manufacturer.

Goodyear is an American company so I go to them first.

I know GY is making OEM tires without "Wrangler" on the outside of the tire, but what about when it's time to replace tires? I can't imagine them stocking a tire just for the Bronco?

BroAD

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I started watching this video and not even 5 minutes into his almost 40 minute video he said we could store the doors in the rear cargo area for both the 2-door and the 4-door models... already lost my attention.

Really sad because I love watching YouTube videos about the Bronco but I always get upset when they share bad information.

It pays to follow this forum and read the spec sheets.
Sponsored