redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I read on one of these threads that the Badlands suspension had more travel. Is travel reduced on the Sasquatch relative to Badlands to accommodate the 35s? Bigger bump stops or packer/spacer on the Sasquatch? I agree w/ Richtor that totally different hardware than the other models wouldn't make much sense.

Sway bar disconnect gives it more travel.
Sponsored

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No one has yet to say what’s the difference between the Sasquatch and Badlands suspension. Until someone does it’s all speculation.

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sway bar disconnect gives it more travel.
Meaning what? Ford says the Sasquatch is available with sway bar disconnect and without.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Why is everyone so against a 10sp auto? Modern autos are nothing like the eo4d.

or worse yet the AOD, in my 88 'stang hits drive and convertor would lock up and it was like someone pulled a chute. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It was given the 33's because the 35's will rub because of the sway bar disconnect. you can get the 35's on badlands but the suspension is then limited to prevent rub. This is just the way I see it, I could be wrong.
So you’re saying that only the Badlands Sasquatch package is limited? Or you’re saying they limited all Sas package vehicles because one trim level has the disconnect?

I don’t think it has anything to do with the disconnect

Sponsored

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hope I can help bring some clarity and simplicity to a common question.

It bugs me when I see the same old "what does Sasquatch get me that Badlands doesn't already have" question followed by lazy, partial, or just plain wrong answers. Here is the answer as simple as I can make it.

View attachment 15526

Sources (please inform me if I have made an error and I will fix):
  1. Ford Model Comparison .pdf
  2. Ford Preliminary Specifications .pdf

Hopefully this helps facilitate a very specific discussion for those of us that are reserving the Badlands model with the knowledge that we will have to choose between manual and Sasquatch (I hope this changes and becomes a non-issue!).

My take on the subject overall is that Badlands gets you one hell of an off road deal without spending another dime. It is actually SO GOOD that I am seriously getting comfortable with the idea that I really don't need to add Sasquatch onto my Badlands - if I decide the manual is my preferred transmission. If the automatic is my preferred transmission - then no brainer, BadSquatch it is. I would be fine rollin' on 33s til they wear out and evaluate going to 35's at that time.

Remaining questions that I have not seen a good answer for:
  • What is the difference between "Unique Badlands Suspension" and Sasquatch "High Clearance Suspension"?

I'm not sure what's going on with the moderators lately but a similar thread just got combined with another thread that was already 24+ pages long, which makes it hard to focus on a simple topic like this. It'd be great if we can just keep this one short and sweet without contaminating it with a bunch of repeat questions. So please don't delete this / move it if at all possible - and if you have questions or comments, make them educated ones!

Oh by the way, here's my "real" off road rig so I'm not just blowin' smoke:
IMG_0054.JPG
IMG_3605.JPG
IMG_2171.JPG
Ford Bronco Badlands vs. BadSquatch (Badlands + Sasquatch) Comparison Chart VnD

so for most of us the only advantage to the sasquatch is 35s M/T and high clearance suspension. new 35 a/t and a lift is probably cheaper than the sasquatch package

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Meaning what? Ford says the Sasquatch is available with sway bar disconnect and without.

have not seen this info.......only on Badlands and FE models do I see disconnect. see chart below

Ford Bronco Badlands vs. BadSquatch (Badlands + Sasquatch) Comparison Chart 1595551576753

FrogGrabber

Black Diamond
First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: 2012 Wrangler, 2015 JKUR, ‘70 Jeepster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have a black diamond reserved, but thinking I may have to move up to badlands to get sway disconnect and 4.7 gears. It’s a ridiculously important thing to have sway disconnected in order to drive slow over difficult terrain.

Coming from a Jeep, it was super easy to install manual quick disconnects. Is it easy to do so on IFS? I’m ignorant of that. Having a button is cool, but if can be done as easy as on below-Rubicon Jeeps, it’s not a deal breaker by any means.

Also, as many a Jeep owner will tell you, 4.7 gearing is very aggressive. The 3.6 in current JK’s has zero trouble running 35’s with 4.10 axles or really even 3.73. It’s not as powerful as the 2.3T either, especially at low RPM.

Manual is 100% required for me, and yes, I’d rather have more power, but I’m not scared of the turbo 4-banger, especially with 4.7 gears.

Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So you’re saying that only the Badlands Sasquatch package is limited? Or you’re saying they limited all Sas package vehicles because one trim level has the disconnect?

I don’t think it has anything to do with the disconnect
question one yes.

not limited on all squatch because the disconnect only on the Badlands and FE.

to answer your last question it is obvious you are not aware of what a disconnect does....

see pic.

being able to disconnect bar allows more wheel travel. If no disconnect wheel only travels so far down because the sway bar end link will limit its travel. It is very hard to explain it typing, a quick google search will do wonders for a better explanation. Google is you friend guys if you don't understand

watch the reveal video when they explain the disconnect it shows the Bronco's suspension dropping when it is disconnected.

Ford Bronco Badlands vs. BadSquatch (Badlands + Sasquatch) Comparison Chart 2021 Bronco Testing 1