Badlands vs Black Diamond with Sasquatch

Hardhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Jeep Wrangler, 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Debating on these two I really want a Manual Transmission, Trying to figure out if we Will be able to throw on the bigger flares and some 35's on the Badlands. Or is there a lift added to sasquatch? badlands come with the HOSS suspension.
Sponsored

MCG DAWG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Debating on these two I really want a Manual Transmission, Trying to figure out if we Will be able to throw on the bigger flares and some 35's on the Badlands. Or is there a lift added to sasquatch? badlands come with the HOSS suspension.
I've struggled with this as well. However, the 6K bump in price from BD to Badlands is enough for me to stay with the BD. I'm going manual as well and don't need the front stabilizer disconnect you get with the Badlands.

I figure I can upgrade wheels and tires and still be 4-5 K less than what I'd spend on the Badlands.

OP
OP
Hardhead

Hardhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I dont want the disconnect either just trying to figure out how to get the suspension of the sasquatch and some 35's with a manual. Not sure if it's just 35's and fender flares that are different with the badlands setup. If I cannot get 35's and a stick without having to worry about warranty I will just keep driving my YJ and save 50k

Last edited:

Thehime

Black Diamond
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Branco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I dont want the disconnect either just trying to figure out how to get the suspension of the sasquatch and some 35's with a manual. Not sure if it's just 35's and fender flares that are different with the badlands setup. If I cannot get 35's and a stick without having to worry about warranty I will just keep driving my YJ and save 50k
Are you planning on getting the Sasquatch package. It comes with 35s, upgraded suspension, flares, and front and rear lockers. I’m planing on getting the BD and adding the package.

OP
OP
Hardhead

Hardhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Are you planning on getting the Sasquatch package. It comes with 35s, upgraded suspension, flares, and front and rear lockers. I’m planing on getting the BD and adding the package.
I want a manual, I originally thought the BD with Sasquatch but with no manual in sasquatch package I think the badlands will be best I can do for a manual truck, I want the wider tires I ride in the sand a lot with my wrangler.

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm curious about the HOSS suspension and how/if it differs from the Sasquatch susp?

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you want the best manual from the factory, that's by far the badlands for $6K more.
I'm thinking I'm going to put 33s on the BD and spend that extra $6K on what I find the BD lacking. Maybe nothing, maybe aftermarket springs/shocks, maybe gears.

BigLig

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok, so what I want to end up with is Bronco on 37’s with the manual and 4.7 gearing. Looking at the options it comes down to the BL without the Sas. It seems like the BL has everything the Sas does, minus the wheels/tires so the real question would be if a lift would be required to clear the 37s? If so, then it pretty much negates all other plans forcing a start from square one anyway…until more information becomes available.

I am good with the 2.3L and the numbers it has. Since the JL has been successful with the 2.0, producing lower power and pushing 37s… I am confident in the Ford’s capabilities. This isn’t a money saving decision, but a desire to keep the 7M. If Ford decides to allow 1) Sas with manual and/or 2) the 2.7 with the manual, then I will reconsider.

The only other point to consider would being what the wife wants creature comforts wise…

Any thoughts, considerations, concerns, etc?

OP
OP
Hardhead

Hardhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ok, so what I want to end up with is Bronco on 37’s with the manual and 4.7 gearing. Looking at the options it comes down to the BL without the Sas. It seems like the BL has everything the Sas does, minus the wheels/tires so the real question would be if a lift would be required to clear the 37s? If so, then it pretty much negates all other plans forcing a start from square one anyway…until more information becomes available.

I am good with the 2.3L and the numbers it has. Since the JL has been successful with the 2.0, producing lower power and pushing 37s… I am confident in the Ford’s capabilities. This isn’t a money saving decision, but a desire to keep the 7M. If Ford decides to allow 1) Sas with manual and/or 2) the 2.7 with the manual, then I will reconsider.

The only other point to consider would being what the wife wants creature comforts wise…

Any thoughts, considerations, concerns, etc?
Hoping for the 7MT to be with the sas/or 2.7 also. I am just wondering if the anyone knows if the suspension will clear 35's without the sasquatch add on. Really sucks us manual fans are always getting screwed

LoneStar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
BigLig - think you can option the "high-clearance" on a Badlands keeping the 2.3/Manual. That should be enough prep for putting on 35's or 37's. You will still have the stock BD 4.46 rear

Sponsored
OP
OP
Hardhead

Hardhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
BigLig - think you can option the "high-clearance" on a Badlands keeping the 2.3/Manual. That should be enough prep for putting on 35's or 37's. You will still have the stock BD 4.46 rear
I thought manual badlands was 4.7 rear and auto was the 4.46

Buckin’Around

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mercedes Benz ML63
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’m struggling with the front stabilizer bar disconnect as well on the Badlands. On one hand I don’t think I need it at all. On the other hand it might be nice to have just in case. With that said I’ve reserved both a Badlands and a Wildtrak. ?

BigLig

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought manual badlands was 4.7 rear and auto was the 4.46
That is my understanding. Also, IF Ford decides to allow the 2.7 w/7M it should also be the 4.7... Fingers crossed!

:peers into 4th plane: Yes FORD, you need to make us happy too. Shareholders make the decision initially...we make it daily :exit 4th plane:

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What I like about the Badlands is the stronger front axle and the 4.70 gears. Those are expensive upgrades if you get the BD and decide later you want or need them. The suspension will not be as expensive to add later. The aftermarket will have more options that what Ford will put on.

I really, really hope I can upgrade the axle and gear on the BD and not have to pay for all the other stuff the Badlands has.

MCG DAWG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think for those of use wanting larger tires on the BD with a manual transmission the "high clearance" option mentioned may be our saving grace. At least I hope it is.

I'd love to see a BD with 32's, badlands with 33's and a squatch (any trim level) side by side comparison. If a badlands with 33's has the "look" I want I'd have no problem throwing 33's on my BD and calling it a day and saving a lot of $$ by not having to go squatch or badlands upgrades.
Sponsored