Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Gotta get those discos. Badlands is the only way to go. I couldn't live knowing I could have had an on-the-fly disconnecting front sway bar.
Sponsored

MCG DAWG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Gotta get those discos. Badlands is the only way to go. I couldn't live knowing I could have had an on-the-fly disconnecting front sway bar.
If I was going to do any hard core off road wheeling I would 100% agree. But I'm old and lazy. Muddy, rutted farm roads and trails are the worst my rig will see.

Would I like to have the disco. Yes. Am I willing to upgrade from BD to Badlands to get it . . . .nope.

spiG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 BD/20 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just placed a reservation for the BD because I know I won't be doing any hardcore off-roading where i'll need the disconnect. Would it be nice to have just in case, yes, but for me is not 100% needed so BD fits everything I plan on doing.

OP
OP
Hardhead

Hardhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Jeep Wrangler, 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think for those of use wanting larger tires on the BD with a manual transmission the "high clearance" option mentioned may be our saving grace. At least I hope it is.

I'd love to see a BD with 32's, badlands with 33's and a squatch (any trim level) side by side comparison. If a badlands with 33's has the "look" I want I'd have no problem throwing 33's on my BD and calling it a day and saving a lot of $$ by not having to go squatch or badlands upgrades.
My only problem with that is that doesnt get you the HOSS suspension

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think for those of use wanting larger tires on the BD with a manual transmission the "high clearance" option mentioned may be our saving grace. At least I hope it is.

I'd love to see a BD with 32's, badlands with 33's and a squatch (any trim level) side by side comparison. If a badlands with 33's has the "look" I want I'd have no problem throwing 33's on my BD and calling it a day and saving a lot of $$ by not having to go squatch or badlands upgrades.
I agree that throwing 33s on the BD is a compelling option. This w/2.7L and hard top is my preferred build. Main concern is the sweaty vinyl seats. I hope I can get cloth and rubber floor.
Sponsored