Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for your over hyper analysis....

There isnā€™t a huge difference, maybe in your mind but technically speaking there isnā€™t this ā€œhugeā€ difference you seem to claim...
Have you ever run 33s and then 35s on the same mid-size truck? How we see things can differ so maybe not "huge"....but it's hard to say that 33s v. 35s is not at a minimum "significant" in a lot of ways on a vehicle of this size.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have you ever run 33s and then 35s on the same mid-size truck? How we see things can differ so maybe not "huge"....but it's hard to say that 33s v. 35s is not at a minimum "significant" in a lot of ways on a vehicle of this size.
I run 33s on my tacoma and had 35s on my FJ. Not apples to apples but it wasnā€™t a ā€œhugeā€ difference as the above poster wants to claim...

Itā€™s a difference- is it significant, thatā€™s all In the eye of the beholder...

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

An inch and a half difference in lift? I didn't see it in the suspension. I know the tires are 2" taller; is that where it comes from?
the tires are 2 inch bigger but only make the 1 inch taller

Sponsored
OP
OP
VelocityBrew

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
how am I wrong, if one tire is 33 and one 35 that means from center or tire to the ground is 16.5 and 17.5 so that give you one inch more in hight
But they aren't "33" and "35", thats where your math is wrong.

BiggieStallz

Wildtrak
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks for your over hyper analysis....

There isnā€™t a huge difference, maybe in your mind but technically speaking there isnā€™t this ā€œhugeā€ difference you seem to claim...
I saw the same two Broncos in Jersey. It wasn't that big of a difference. The people that were around all commented that the difference wasn't HUge.

A55_CACTUS

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fv cars
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Doesn't the swaybar disconnecting lockers come on the both?

Sponsored
OP
OP
VelocityBrew

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know the tire are not exact 33 and 35 but they close to them , you look the exact size up and let me know mr smart man
What if I told you the answer you're looking for is in this very thread?

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The fender flares are much bigger, that was the first difference I noticed.
The 2-in added height isn't much but if that's all it takes to fit the 35s it will make getting in and out of the bronco easier then having even more lift that you don't really need.
Sasquatch looks good. It is the way to go if you want 35's for looks or for the hard trails. And it's great that Sasquatch is no longer a commodity constraint.
It is worth noting that region-dependent, Bronco Badlands (non-squatch) track width and total vehicle width is already significantly wider than what's been laid down by Jeeps over the past few decades. Wider is not always better when you're on a narrow trail ringed by trees, stumps and large rocks (such as the remote trails in the Olympics and Rocky mountain ranges here in the PNW).

I'm specifically avoiding the sasquatch package as it doesn't bring enough of a hardware upgrade for the cost (Badlands 2.3/MT vs Badlands Squatch) and i'd rather a proper metal fender flare and better plus sized tires than what's offered.

I have a question about the crash bars, as I donā€™t know anything about cars. I was reading that the crash bars are supposed to protect the legs of the driver and front passenger. Does the Sasquatch move the crash bars or are they just gone completely? Is that as big of a deal as it sounds like? Do most off-road vehicles with bigger tires lose the crash bars?
The wheel-well crash bars utilized in Bronco are the same as Ranger. There are already aftermarket solutions for these in the Ranger community specifically for fitting plus sized girls tires on your rig (i've posted about them a few times, do an advanced search). They are beneficial on roadway accidents to prevent incursion into the front occupants footwell and deflect that mass under the cabin but not useful off-road.

Bronco has to be NHTSA compliant from the factory. Once you own the vehicle you can do what you want with those bars depending on your propensity for danger. (Only one vehicle in my personal fleet has seat belts or mirrors, so we all have our own level of comfort/safety)

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

off topic but I really like where those fog lights are mounted on the bumper of that rally Bronco - simple.

OP
OP
VelocityBrew

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is worth noting that region-dependent, Bronco Badlands (non-squatch) track width and total vehicle width is already significantly wider than what's been laid down by Jeeps over the past few decades. Wider is not always better when you're on a narrow trail ringed by trees, stumps and large rocks (such as the remote trails in the Olympics and Rocky mountain ranges here in the PNW).
This, looking at the new comparisons of the Rubicon vs Badlands has me questioning the Sasquatch width. That and parking in my garage.
Sponsored