Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Kind of torn on sasquatch vs base BL. The base BL looks like it has more lift due to the smaller tires which is a good look but at the same time those 35" tires look great.
I know different people are in different financial situations, but unless I planned on not doing any off roading, I would not buy a Bronco that doesn't have the beefier front end. So that means Sasquatch OR Badlands. (Not sure about Black Diamond).

So if you are looking for a blank canvas like the base, I would definitely add Sasquatch. If you are picking base because of finances... I dunno... I'd maybe wait a few for the used market of the deals to come out.

Of course that's just my take. Having had an off road vehicle that came with the weaker driveline components in the past... Won't do it again.
Sponsored

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That is a great photo. Long gone are the days of popping the hood and climbing in to change the plugs, points, condenser and distributer cap. 😆 It's all dealership until the warranty expires on that bad bouyyyy.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I love going through the comments and the first 9 comments are wildtrak orders and OP too lol. I am bummed wildtrak doesn't have rock crawl mode but there would be very few times I would need it anyway. Can't wait to get my bronco!!
WE do have rock craw...just no hero switch. Rock crawl primarily turns on The SBD and puts the camera in front tire view. WT can manually turn on that view with a couple button pushes, and we don't have the SBD anyway.

But sport mode changes the fuel mappings and shift points without lowering brakes and steering response which a BL can't do.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

That is a great photo. Long gone are the days of popping the hood and climbing in to change the plugs, points, condenser and distributer cap. 😆 It's all dealership until the warranty expires on that bad bouyyyy.
What are points, condenser and distributer cap? ;)

Now where did I put my feeler gauges.

Ft.S

First Name
Ft
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hello;

I just would like to get some clarification, although I know I am knit-picking:

The proper terminology for the front bar he mentions in the video should not be “stay bar,” but it is actually called either “anti-sway bar” or “anti-roll bar.” That bar’s purpose is to provide resistance to the chassis swaying side to side (particularly important for vehicles with a high center of gravity) and control the chassis' directional momentum. This bar essentially provides increased spring rates somewhere between helper springs (if available) and the main springs, providing for fine-tuning the overall spring rates (if the bar is adjustable) of the vehicle.

Obviously, such chassis control is not needed beyond the main springs during low-speed activities, so disconnecting the bar helps with suspension articulation. On the road, at higher speeds, it is more important and possibly even critical to control the chassis momentum in relation to the tires' frictional direction.

Do I have this right, am I understanding it correctly? I appreciate your input, thank you.

Sponsored

Aviationtech101

Base
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Base
Where there’s a will, there’s a way 😅

my four banger Subaru requires taking off a motor mount and jacking the engine up to change the plugs. Sounds awful, but honestly not that bad after it’s all said and done. I feel like a vehicle like the bronco is built for having something to tinker whith in the garage anyways.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Hello;

I just would like to get some clarification, although I know I am knit-picking:

The proper terminology for the front bar he mentions in the video should not be “stay bar,” but it is actually called either “anti-sway bar” or “anti-roll bar.” That bar’s purpose is to provide resistance to the chassis swaying side to side (particularly important for vehicles with a high center of gravity) and control the chassis' directional momentum. This bar essentially provides increased spring rates somewhere between helper springs (if available) and the main springs, providing for fine-tuning the overall spring rates (if the bar is adjustable) of the vehicle.

Obviously, such chassis control is not needed beyond the main springs during low-speed activities, so disconnecting the bar helps with suspension articulation. On the road, at higher speeds, it is more important and possibly even critical to control the chassis momentum in relation to the tires' frictional direction.

Do I have this right, am I understanding it correctly? I appreciate your input, thank you.
Yes, your on the right track, I've most commonly heard the name "Sway Bar" for cars and trucks. When you move up to the Badlands and the Badlands only, you get the "Stabilizer Bar Disconnect" system, or SBD for short. This is a hydraulic unit, unlike the Jeep Rubicon electronic unit, it is for off-road use and reconnects when you drive over 20mph.

This thread goes into the technical details of the unit.
BWI Bronco Stabilizer Bar Disconnect Technical Information

Ford Bronco Badlands vs Wildtrak Bronco Comparison Video stabilizer-2_orig-

Abramsman1

Raptor
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

WE do have rock craw...just no hero switch. Rock crawl primarily turns on The SBD and puts the camera in front tire view. WT can manually turn on that view with a couple button pushes, and we don't have the SBD anyway.

But sport mode changes the fuel mappings and shift points without lowering brakes and steering response which a BL can't do.
Thank you. I actually didn't know that. Very nice to know!!! Wildtrak For the win!!!

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There's got to be more to it than that, or else it's just there for looks on on the BD

Sponsored

Altitude

Badlands
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good lord, comparing that to an old school, carbureted 302 V8, it looks like this engine is on life support. Given the rapid move to EVs, well, I guess it probably is.

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Why do none of these videos show that CO 2DR in the background!
Sponsored