Badlands VS Wildtrak Ride Quality

evomind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All sorts of things
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Now that the trucks have been out for awhile, is there a consensus on which truck rides better on the street?
I would have thought it would be the badlands non squatch but Ive been seeing some reviews saying the Wildtrak rides better/more comfortable.
Any first hand insights?
Thanks
Sponsored

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Same. I felt no significant difference.

aeolian

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have driven both, but only for relatively short drives on a variety of city streets. My hot take:

Sasquatch:
  • Plush ride, nicely damped
  • Noticeable brake drive and body roll at modest speeds
  • Not handling related, but extra width was noticeable - it "drives big"

Standard:
  • Firm, truck-like ride; basically what you expect from an off-road vehicle, but better than most.
  • Better turn-in, much less body roll and brake dive

I preferred the handling of the standard set-up, but I can see the appeal of sasquatch. Sas will soak up pot holes and railway crossings nicely (not F150 Raptor nicely, of course, but still...), but that long travel makes itself felt in other less desirable ways. Neither choice is right or wrong - it just comes down to which set of tradeoffs you prefer.

Sponsored

DarkPony

Outer Banks
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford F250 Platinum, 97 Porsche 993
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have an OB non SAS, I test drove BL and WT with SAS. The SAS suspension is much softer and does have more sway than a non SAS. The SAS package does soak up poor road conditions very well.

BSheppard

Badlands
First Name
Ballard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, GT350, 991, Rubicon, Viper, Nissan Z32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was an original 2020 reservation and 2021 order for a Badlands, manual, non Sasquatch.

after a bunch of test drives I changed my order. A part of it was the Sasquatch package just felt a little better tuned. It soaked up the bumps and just felt like it would perform much better off road. Both were better than my current Rubicon with a Frankenstein lift made out of teraflex springs, long arms, pitman arms, monster track bar and fox 2.0’s. It rides great for a Wrangler but Both Broncos have a solid win in this category.

It was a hard choice because I really wanted the manual but the loss of the 2.7 and great performing Sasquatch set up ultimately pushed me to the 10 speed.

Last edited:

mjohnso3

Black Diamond
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Slightly off topic but soon ( probably this summer if I'm not mistaken) the Wildtrack will be optioned with Fox suspension , not to be confused with the Fox live valve found on the Raptor Bronco but an upgrade over the Bilstein . So should provide a better ride quality.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
do you work for ford?

Slightly off topic but soon ( probably this summer if I'm not mistaken) the Wildtrack will be optioned with Fox suspension , not to be confused with the Fox live valve found on the Raptor Bronco but an upgrade over the Bilstein . So should provide a better ride quality.

Ice Age

Raptor
First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Now that the trucks have been out for awhile, is there a consensus on which truck rides better on the street?
I would have thought it would be the badlands non squatch but Ive been seeing some reviews saying the Wildtrak rides better/more comfortable.
Any first hand insights?
Thanks
Hope this helps your decision 😎

Sponsored

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What is the source of this info?

Bdockins

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Intriguing as shit.

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are you able reveal where you got this information from?