Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 f350 6.7, 2016 gmc Sierra denali 2500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The Wildtrack is the Mall Crawler package. Gives the look without the extra functionality (ie Rock Crawl mode, and sway bar disconnect). If you are just doing light 4x4ing its a good way to save some money. But if you watch any of the pro drivers they were all in Badlands or First Editions to get those 2 features.
Lmao you have no idea..... First off the pros were in those models to showcase those options. Real rock crawlers don't need a goat mode or auto sway disconnect, they have manually disconnecting forever. If you watched any of the videos you would repeatedly hear that its really for the novice offroader.

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Spot on.....I love when people try and justify not going full Wildtrak because ‘you can’t rock crawl’ with it and it’s only good for ‘the mall’. Whatever......
Or even Basequatch which is what im getting. A mall crawler would be taking a Bronco and just throwing an aftermarket lift and big tires on without upgrading the axles, gearing, and not adding lockers.

Any Bronco with the Sasquatch package is a serious Off Roader.

Sponsored

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Wildtrack is the Mall Crawler package. Gives the look without the extra functionality (ie Rock Crawl mode, and sway bar disconnect). If you are just doing light 4x4ing its a good way to save some money. But if you watch any of the pro drivers they were all in Badlands or First Editions to get those 2 features.
Wildtrak actually makes the most logical sense. If any bronco is a “mall crawler” it’s the outerbanks. The wildtrak is the desert runner, the badlands is the rock crawler.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Is there any information out there to suggest that the Badlands with Sas and Wildtrack with Sas have any suspension differences other than the disconnecting roll bar on the Badlands?

I ask because I would think there would be spring and damping differences between one vehicle intended for crawling and another for higher speed stuff.

Also, re disconnecting roll bar and crawling. Yes its helpful. But front and rear lockers make it easier to put power down if the wheel on the other side is up in the air.

Thanks,

Don
SAS is SAS, but this this thread goes into the differences between Badlands and SAS suspension, highlights below.

Bilstein HOSS & Position Sensitive Dampers Part Numbers & Differences

Bilstein BL vs WT FE SAS 1.png

Badlands vs SAS Springs 1.png

Last edited:

Sponsored

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I will be interested to see who jut throws 35s on the standard BL and tells us what happens.
Well, Ford was the first to do this. And here it is, the Overland concept revealed last October. I was there and spoke to the driver and he said it’s fine most of the time but rubs slightly at full turn and probably off road ing at full flex. You can also see how the tires look stuffed in there as it needs bit more lift.

Ford straight out said this was a non squatch badlands with 35s added, except they did add sqautch flares.

Ford Bronco Badlands vs Wildtrak side by side 2E47299C-027D-4B01-93D4-E9ABBAC7475A

Rusty Sheckleford

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Does anyone know why the wildtrak doesn't have swaybar disconnect? Is there a technical reason that particular trim can't have it?

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
“Mall crawler”

the most over used bullshit term on B6g...

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lmao you have no idea..... First off the pros were in those models to showcase those options. Real rock crawlers don't need a goat mode or auto sway disconnect, they have manually disconnecting forever. If you watched any of the videos you would repeatedly hear that its really for the novice offroader.
I heard lots of things, including how much they loved the sway bar disconnect and how nice it was that it activated on the roll, off camber and auto reconnected. Many of the comments around “novice” needs were centered around the GOAT modes and one pedal driving, trail control in my recollection. Even then, several commented that the modes worked really well and they would enjoy being able to have those functions work to make the driving experience better, more relaxed and enjoyable when not “competing”. I am fairly experienced, but love the idea of a smoother ride with the sway bar disconnect, trail control for running trails at a regulated pace and one pedal seems awesome both for me and to get my wife into driving off road. None of it is required, but all of it is interesting to me.
Sponsored