First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands 2022
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hello All. I know this has been analyzed on here and I’ve read all the threads. What I haven’t read about (albeit not many Hoss 3.0 out there) is whether what we know about the 2022 Badlands and the new Wildtrak Hoss 3.0 should sway my decision.

I live in Florida and won’t be doing much rock crawling, but plan to take the Bronco crawling at some point. Mostly will be trails here in Florida and up through the Carolinas where my folks live. I’m ordering a 2 door so it’s coming with the hard top constraint regardless.

I’ve always leaned towards the Badlands but now I’m not so sure. Has anyone had experience with both? I know I’m not getting the Bronco for 2 years anyway so things could change rapidly on what’s available on both trims, but as far as ordering when they open the order banks I need to put something in.

Im driving a Bronco Sport Badlands currently.

Thank you for any input and flame away if you feel fit
Sponsored

Espy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger XLT Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

If you're not going to rock crawl regularly, the BL is probably overkill. You can get the WT and manually disconnect the sway bar if needed.

I have bounced all over on my build. Started OBX, shifted to WT (I'm one of the few that likes the topo cloth seats), but will reorder as a BL. The WT has been turned into a OBX SAS. I saw a BL SAS about a week ago and absolutely loved it. I don't need the disco but I like the build.

Losy

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, GL63, S7
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I would go with the Badlands with the Sas package. WT is very similar and it sounds like you don't need the Hoss 3.0 anyways.
you can forescan Sport Mode on the BL, but can't add the sway disconnect on a WT very easily. Sway Bar disconnect has a lot more uses than just rock crawling.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Badlands without the Sasquatch will conquer anything you throw at it. Plus, it is just the coolest Bronco made. ( Honorable mention to the Base 2D with Sasquatch)

Sponsored

AironBronco

Badlands
First Name
Airon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mazda cx3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello All. I know this has been analyzed on here and I’ve read all the threads. What I haven’t read about (albeit not many Hoss 3.0 out there) is whether what we know about the 2022 Badlands and the new Wildtrak Hoss 3.0 should sway my decision.

I live in Florida and won’t be doing much rock crawling, but plan to take the Bronco crawling at some point. Mostly will be trails here in Florida and up through the Carolinas where my folks live. I’m ordering a 2 door so it’s coming with the hard top constraint regardless.

I’ve always leaned towards the Badlands but now I’m not so sure. Has anyone had experience with both? I know I’m not getting the Bronco for 2 years anyway so things could change rapidly on what’s available on both trims, but as far as ordering when they open the order banks I need to put something in.

Im driving a Bronco Sport Badlands currently.

Thank you for any input and flame away if you feel fit
The badlands is the only high end trim with the washout flooring and marine grade vinyl seats.

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is all about the seats and floors. Carpet or washout? MGV or Leather.

ET13

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You can manually disconnect your sway-bar but you can't fore-scan HOSS 3.0........

But seriously, washout floors or cloth?
Damn you beat me to it! Much easier and cheaper to add a sway bar disconnect than it is to get those fox shocks…. But go ahead badlands homers

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From some of the videos out there on the Tube, either one will do what you ask of it. I went Badlands for the washout floor and interior color. Originally reserved a WT but when they anounced interior colors, I switched. The disco is a bonus. Won't need it often.

Sponsored

mjohnso3

Black Diamond
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wildtrack will be standard w/Hoss 3.0 which is Fox suspension I would think that is an upgrade over the Bilstein setup but less of course the swaybar disco

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Damn you beat me to it! Much easier and cheaper to add a sway bar disconnect than it is to get those fox shocks…. But go ahead badlands homers
Not cheap to remove carpet and add washout floors either

MNbronco

Wildtrak
First Name
RC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Tremor, 2021 Bronco sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

have a HOSS wildtrak and the on road handling is amazing, looking forward to many off road adventures. The leather is comfortable and equivalent to tremor f150 without getting overly hot. Not much rock crawling around here but plenty of fire roads getting to amazing fishing and hunting spots!

Last edited:

Scape Goat

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I go back and forth on the daily. This is where I stand and I hope it helps.

I am leaning towards badlands. I think wildtrak looks best, but I can paint the grill and powder coat the beauty rings and almost be there. To me it comes down to the interior. Personally I wish I could get MGV with carpet flooring. The MGV is much more comfortable than cloth, but will be hotter in the sun (slap on seat covers or mesh top). Also a consideration with Florida pop up showers. Since you always use the seats, but not the sway bar disconnect or HOSS 3.0, this should be big factor. HOSS 3.0 is bad ass, but honestly I won't push 2.0 to the limits anyways so why upgrade (my reasoning for myself). As others have mentioned, 3.0 has better on road performance. I will probably never use the sway bar disconnect to it's max potential, but I heard it is awesome for low speed lightly rough trails so you don't bounce around in your seat as much. I also like the plastic cargo area floor. But, I am sure this can be purchased and swapped. Lastly, whe I will probably get sas, if I decide to skip it then I have the option on a badlands.

Hope it helps. And just so everyone understands, these are my personal opinions that I am using to justify my personal choice.
Sponsored

Last edited: