First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Cyber Orange Wildtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
the disqualifier of Wildtrack for me, was the terrible digital camouflage interior. I'm not some yahoo pretending to be some tactical military bro ... I don't want camo on my seats. I went with the Badlands Sasquatch

I thought the same thing until I saw it in person! The pics online all make it look soooo bad. But in person it looks good. No complaints when at first I thought 100% I'd need to reupholster them
Sponsored

foreWard

Badlands
First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep GC Trailhawk, 2003 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was on the fence with this for so long, even up until the day I put in my final order (and really even after that). At the end of the day it came down to carpet - or lack there of. I have a German Shepherd, and while she only sheds badly twice a year, both times it lasts for 6 months....

I didn't want to deal with getting dog hair off of carpet any more. And the marine grade vinyl, while I wasn't keen on the dark color, the water resistance is a nice bonus.

Full disclosure, I don't think my OCD was going to let me look at the blank spot on the hero switches with the Wildtrak, either. This probably played a larger part in my decision than I am ready to admit.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was on the fence with this for so long, even up until the day I put in my final order (and really even after that). At the end of the day it came down to carpet - or lack there of. I have a German Shepherd, and while she only sheds badly twice a year, both times it lasts for 6 months....

I didn't want to deal with getting dog hair off of carpet any more. And the marine grade vinyl, while I wasn't keen on the dark color, the water resistance is a nice bonus.

Full disclosure, I don't think my OCD was going to let me look at the blank spot on the hero switches with the Wildtrak, either. This probably played a larger part in my decision than I am ready to admit.
Ok THAT was funny šŸ˜‚

I got over the blank spot with some fun:

Ford Bronco Badlands vs. Wildtrak 1659553188895

tcoughlan

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 (while waiting on my order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mansquatch for the win. Can't get that in a Wildtrak.

Sponsored

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Mansquatch for the win. Can't get that in a Wildtrak.
2.7L TT V6 for the winā€¦ā€¦canā€™t get that with a Mansquatch šŸ˜. I drove a 2.3L for 6 months or so in a BB while waiting on my 2dr WT and there really is no comparison.
I Went back and forth on the 2.3 MT vs the 2.7 AT and once I settled on the V6 the WT was a no-brainer once I conceded to myself I was not going to intentionally beat the shit out of it by crawling it over rocksā€¦..however, at some point, a budget friendly low cost basesquatch or BD will be in the cards for just that purpose, and it will definitely have the 7spd MT.

rws

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 VW GTI, 2018 Silverado 1500 LT Z71
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I started with Badlands... by the time I added 2.7, SAS, hard top, etc. it surpassed the WildTrak in cost. Yes, I know, 2 different vehicles, with 2 different primary uses, but in the end, for what I am looking to do, the WildTrak fit my needs better. And when the carpet gets ruined, and we all know it will, I'll rip it out and replace it with the washout floor.

Bottom line... I picked the one that "felt right" for me. Let's face it, this is a totally emotional decision as very few of us really "needs" a Bronco. So, have fun with dressing it up and I'm sure, regardless of which you select, you are going to have a blast!

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
As an owner of a Badlands with Sasquatch I would be all over the Hoss 3.0 WT if it weren't for the interior.
I donā€™t mind the black onyx camo with sandstoneā€¦..in fact I like it. I think it adds to the uniqueness of the WT as the only seat coverings with a pattern, but tastes and preferences will vary. I did, however, in order to preserve the seats cover them up with the black cover craft seat covers with molle backsā€¦ā€¦not a bad option for those that are repulsed by the WT seats.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I would go with the Badlands with the Sas package. WT is very similar and it sounds like you don't need the Hoss 3.0 anyways.
you can forescan Sport Mode on the BL, but can't add the sway disconnect on a WT very easily. Sway Bar disconnect has a lot more uses than just rock crawling.
Manual sway bar disconnect.
no Gremlins to worry about!

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I donā€™t mind the black onyx camo with sandstoneā€¦..in fact I like it. I think it adds to the uniqueness of the WT as the only seat coverings with a pattern, but tastes and preferences will vary. I did, however, in order to preserve the seats cover them up with the black cover craft seat covers with molle backsā€¦ā€¦not a bad option for those that are repulsed by the WT seats.
It was more the mgv and rubber floors on the Badlands was what I liked. The color of WT in person doesn't bother me especially with leather.

Sponsored

tcoughlan

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 (while waiting on my order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2.7L TT V6 for the winā€¦ā€¦canā€™t get that with a Mansquatch šŸ˜. I drove a 2.3L for 6 months or so in a BB while waiting on my 2dr WT and there really is no comparison.
I Went back and forth on the 2.3 MT vs the 2.7 AT and once I settled on the V6 the WT was a no-brainer once I conceded to myself I was not going to intentionally beat the shit out of it by crawling it over rocksā€¦..however, at some point, a budget friendly low cost basesquatch or BD will be in the cards for just that purpose, and it will definitely have the 7spd MT.
Manual transmissions hold a special place in my heart. I got hooked on them when learning to drive in a field in Ireland on an old Datsun Cherry when I was 13. From that day on, if I could get a manual, I have.

Big Diamond

Wildtrak
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco HOSS 3.0 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have a Black Diamond currently and can't wait for my Wildtrak with cloth. I was so excited about MGV. Something not offered on many vehicles. After owning a convertible with MGV..... no thanks.

I always loved the look of the Wildtrak, but I'm one of the few that never wanted a hardtop.

Now you can get a Wildtrak with a soft top AND upgraded suspension?!

I'm not ever going to wash out my interior and the MGV is so freaking hot if you go top down in wam weather. I mean really, next level hot. Bring on the topo cloth interior for me.

Dayton1984

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a Black Diamond currently and can't wait for my Wildtrak with cloth. I was so excited about MGV. Something not offered on many vehicles. After owning a convertible with MGV..... no thanks.

I always loved the look of the Wildtrak, but I'm one of the few that never wanted a hardtop.

Now you can get a Wildtrak with a soft top AND upgraded suspension?!

I'm not ever going to wash out my interior and the MGV is so freaking hot if you go top down in wam weather. I mean really, next level hot. Bring on the topo cloth interior for me.
So if sitting out in the sun for a bit with top off, it makes the seats way too hot to even sit in or do you think because they are black onyx or what not it attracts the heat? MGV seems a smart move but from what youā€™re saying itā€™s to hot to use?

Big Diamond

Wildtrak
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco HOSS 3.0 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So if sitting out in the sun for a bit with top off, it makes the seats way too hot to even sit in or do you think because they are black onyx or what not it attracts the heat? MGV seems a smart move but from what youā€™re saying itā€™s to hot to use?
The MGV seats are definitely still usable. This summer in Georgia (and many other places) has been brutal and the vinyl does get very hot. It's my personal preference to not get MGV again.
I think leather would be pretty similar.
Last summer I had a Bronco Sport Badlands with cloth and it was very comfortable.
If you think think it's super important to have a waterproof interior than I stay stick with MGV.
I don't think it was the Black Onxy. I think top down with MGV is just going to cook it.
I definitely would prefer cooled seats over heated seats but that 's just based on where I live.
Sponsored