Sponsored

Badlands w/Leather: Is there washout rubber flooring UNDER the carpet?

adrianmaz

Badlands
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer Evolution X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I may have missed this posted somewhere, sorry if this has been answered 1k times already
but my question is the following.

If the leather seating option is selected on the Bandlands trim, is...?:

A) the carpet laid on top of the rubber washout flooring — such that it could be removed during off-roading and subsequently reinstalled.

B) the carpet laid over the bare/painted metal floor, and also lacking any drain plugs. So if you get mud on the floor, and would want to hose it out, you’re... well... hosed.

C) the carpet laid over bare metal floor, but with holes/plugs to enable water drainage underneath the carpet. So if you absolutely need to, you could pull up the carpet, open drains, and hose down the floor.

P.S. I realize the reason for carpeting, that the seat motors aren’t waterproof, and it may be risky to try to hose down without getting the motors wet, but that’s each person’s own prerogative...
Sponsored

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I may have missed this posted somewhere, sorry if this has been answered 1k times already

A) the carpet laid on top of the rubber washout flooring — such that it could be removed during off-roading and subsequently reinstalled.

B) the carpet laid over the bare/painted metal floor, and also lacking any drain plugs. So if you get mud on the floor, and would want to hose it out, you’re... well... hosed.

C) the carpet laid over bare metal floor, but with holes/plugs to enable water drainage underneath the carpet. So if you absolutely need to, you could pull up the carpet, open drains, and hose down the floor.

P.S. I realize the reason for carpeting, that the seat motors aren’t waterproof, and it may be risky to try to hose down without getting the motors wet, but that’s each person’s own prerogative...
It’s also Ford’s prerogative to deny a warranty claim should the power seat motor burn out due to excessive moisture......not saying you would, but some would and then blame Ford for being unreasonable.

OP
OP

adrianmaz

Badlands
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer Evolution X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s also Ford’s prerogative to deny a warranty claim should the power seat motor burn out due to excessive moisture......not saying you would, but some would and then blame Ford for being unreasonable.
Sure. My question is purely about specifications/features/configuration, not to dive into the risks/benefits/hypothetical scenarios and outcomes involving how someone might choose to use the features in their vehicle.

Jpeyer

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m not sure. The leather is a step back to the vinyl in my opinion regarding functionality. Without memory for the power seats it doesn’t make sense. It’s your money. My $.02.

OP
OP

adrianmaz

Badlands
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer Evolution X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m not sure. The leather is a step back to the vinyl in my opinion regarding functionality. Without memory for the power seats it doesn’t make sense. It’s your money. My $.02.
I agree depending on each person’s use-cases MGV may be better than Leather. I’m more interested in knowing the configuration/specification of the flooring that comes paired with leather, rather than to debate which seating option is better.

Sponsored

Jpeyer

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree depending on each person’s use-cases MGV may be better than Leather. I’m more interested in knowing the configuration/specification of the flooring that comes paired with leather, rather than to debate which seating option is better.
I’d find it hard for anyone to know at this point. I would want to say it would be a badlands rubber flooring underneath... but .. Realistically it is whatever floorpan they use for the other carpeted models. The rubber and carpet would be a wasted commodity.

Klunatic

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I found this over at Bronconation.com regarding the flooring: https://thebronconation.com/forums/threads/guide-washout-flooring-of-the-ford-bronco.5221/

The washout flooring of the Bronco is high on many customers’ wish lists, especially those who plan on using their vehicle in the dirt and mud. Drain plugs may be a non-negotiable option for some, yet nearly everyone would say they are a “nice to have.”

Washout floors with drain plugs come standard on Black Diamond and Badlands. To stick with the rubberized flooring on Badlands, you’ll need to keep the standard Marine Grade Vinyl (MGV) seating. Choosing leather-trimmed seating means moving to carpeted floors (which are easily protected with available floor liners).

Active vs. Passive Drain Plugs
Even carpeted Broncos have drain plugs. You won’t be hosing out a Bronco optioned that way, but Ford has added in passive drain plugs under the carpet in case water gets in to where it’s not supposed to be. There are six passive plugs in the passenger area of the 4-door models and one in the jack compartment.

plus-difference.jpg

These passive plugs carry over to Broncos with the washout floors as well. In addition to the seven passive drain plugs in the 4-doors, there are four active plugs. The reason for the passive drain plugs is to drain water that gets in below the rubberized wash-out liner – for example if you tackle an overly ambitious water crossing.

• Active-plug-1.jpg
  • Active-Plug-2.jpg
  • Active-Plug-3.jpg
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3

Using the Active Plugs
Having MGV seats and washout flooring doesn’t mean you should douse the interior without care. Don’t flood the upholstery, and sponge or wipe down critical components like the dash.

Picture1.jpg

To properly rinse down your Bronco’s floors, use a low-pressure garden hose –– not a power washer. Aim for a flow rate of 10 liters per minute.
  1. Pull out the floor mats, if equipped, to get to the plugs. Rotate the drain plugs counterclockwise to “open.”
  2. A good rule of thumb is to spray each zone for 30 seconds at a time, to prevent flooding. Aim for the highest part of the zone first, such as the sides of the transmission tunnel in the driver or passenger footwell. Rinse the debris toward the drain plug.
  3. Let the water drain for approximately 30 seconds.
  4. Repeat if necessary and move on to the next zone.
  5. Take care of visible puddles with a towel/sponge so you don’t cause mold or corrosion to develop.
  6. Rotate the plugs to “close.”

OP
OP

adrianmaz

Badlands
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer Evolution X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I found this over at Bronconation.com regarding the flooring: https://thebronconation.com/forums/threads/guide-washout-flooring-of-the-ford-bronco.5221/

The washout flooring of the Bronco is high on many customers’ wish lists, especially those who plan on using their vehicle in the dirt and mud. Drain plugs may be a non-negotiable option for some, yet nearly everyone would say they are a “nice to have.”

Washout floors with drain plugs come standard on Black Diamond and Badlands. To stick with the rubberized flooring on Badlands, you’ll need to keep the standard Marine Grade Vinyl (MGV) seating. Choosing leather-trimmed seating means moving to carpeted floors (which are easily protected with available floor liners).

Active vs. Passive Drain Plugs
Even carpeted Broncos have drain plugs. You won’t be hosing out a Bronco optioned that way, but Ford has added in passive drain plugs under the carpet in case water gets in to where it’s not supposed to be. There are six passive plugs in the passenger area of the 4-door models and one in the jack compartment.

Ford Bronco Badlands w/Leather: Is there washout rubber flooring UNDER the carpet? Picture1

These passive plugs carry over to Broncos with the washout floors as well. In addition to the seven passive drain plugs in the 4-doors, there are four active plugs. The reason for the passive drain plugs is to drain water that gets in below the rubberized wash-out liner – for example if you tackle an overly ambitious water crossing.

• Ford Bronco Badlands w/Leather: Is there washout rubber flooring UNDER the carpet? Picture1
  • Ford Bronco Badlands w/Leather: Is there washout rubber flooring UNDER the carpet? Picture1
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3

Using the Active Plugs
Having MGV seats and washout flooring doesn’t mean you should douse the interior without care. Don’t flood the upholstery, and sponge or wipe down critical components like the dash.

Ford Bronco Badlands w/Leather: Is there washout rubber flooring UNDER the carpet? Picture1

To properly rinse down your Bronco’s floors, use a low-pressure garden hose –– not a power washer. Aim for a flow rate of 10 liters per minute.
  1. Pull out the floor mats, if equipped, to get to the plugs. Rotate the drain plugs counterclockwise to “open.”
  2. A good rule of thumb is to spray each zone for 30 seconds at a time, to prevent flooding. Aim for the highest part of the zone first, such as the sides of the transmission tunnel in the driver or passenger footwell. Rinse the debris toward the drain plug.
  3. Let the water drain for approximately 30 seconds.
  4. Repeat if necessary and move on to the next zone.
  5. Take care of visible puddles with a towel/sponge so you don’t cause mold or corrosion to develop.
  6. Rotate the plugs to “close.”
This is exactly the detail I needed, thanks for digging it up!

BroBronco

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My badlands has the washout flooring with removable carpet floormats on top.

The vinyl seats are nice. Whether its the darker seats or lighter color doors, the tiny digital camo design everywhere is rad! Plus its softer and you can hose it out. Nothing in this paragraph here is good for leather + its more money for leather.

I wouldn't change anything on my badlands, including the soft top. But if I did. I would swap the dark interior with orange trim for the lighter interior with blue trim. Nonetheless im very happy!! :)

Jwwells62

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Convertible 2019 Subaru Ascent
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

So the only part to this that I can def. answer for you. There are washout plugs in a Badlands Leather with carpet. We have 2 Badlands a 21 with Marine vinyl and rubber flooring. The other is a 22 Leather Lux package. Installing running boards I noticed that it had drain plugs just like my 21
Sponsored