Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Sierra/ 2010 Camaro 2SS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The 4.46 is what you get with a Non-Sasquatched Badlands that has an automatic transmission.

Sasquatch only comes with an auto right now but when a manual Sasquatch becomes available it will have different gearing 5.13 or 5.38
5.13 or 5.38? Why? 4.7 on a manual with 35s is fine. Maybe better with 5.13. 5.38? No way. That’ll be for the 37s warthog
Sponsored

Offroadrob

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 TRD PRO, 10 Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
“Of course, it isn’t a Blizzak-style true winter tire but those have limitations for most other applications.”

totally.

I run blizzaks (or something comparable) up here in the winter, no wheeling in the winter for me.

my decision to sas or not hinges on whether or not I think is reasonable to downsize to something more appropriate than 315/70 for winter tires.

I’m confident the nonsquatch will work, hopefully I’ll get some clarity with my trip to Moab

Offroadrob

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 TRD PRO, 10 Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
hopefully I’ll get some clarity with my trip to Moab
after watching our driver (in moab) leave it 4L and go zipping around I’m confident the Sasquatch gearing plus auto 10speed will accommodate 33s without any drama

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm getting the 33" BFG K02s and upgraded beadlock wheels. You don't like that?

giphy.gif

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don't see anyone talking about the affect the MT 35's will have on general every day use. I've never had MT tires but my buddies at work are all strongly cautioning me away from Sasquatch because of the Mud Terrains. Any wisdom here for someone who will likely be using this as an every day driver more often than off roading?

Sponsored

jay-rod427

Badlands
First Name
Jerod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Carbonized gray 2 dr BadLands Sans-Squatch ordered
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't see anyone talking about the affect the MT 35's will have on general every day use. I've never had MT tires but my buddies at work are all strongly cautioning me away from Sasquatch because of the Mud Terrains. Any wisdom here for someone who will likely be using this as an every day driver more often than off roading?
Noisy, ride shitty, handle less than ideal, and wear out quicker. Pretty much. LOL But that stance at the mall bro!

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree with your friends about mud terrain tires. However, I think they made quite a marketing mistake with the "MT" label on the Sasquatch tires. Just looking at the tread design they look quite highway (and winter) friendly and a number of the ride alongs in Moab didn't seem to have any issue with them on pavement at highway speeds. Our Squatched BL will be my wife's DD and I have no concerns about the tires. They are most definitely not "mud terrain" and even though they seem to do ok in the rocks and sand they really are more of a pavement kind of tire. Calling them "Max Traction" or whatever it's supposed to be only adds confusion since to most people MT really does mean "Mud Terrain". I'm very happy they didn't put actual MT tires or really anything more aggressive in the Sasquatch package or I would have skipped it and done my own 35's, probably like the Goodyear's we are getting. There are many threads about this but here are a couple:

Goodyear Territory MT Review (Sasquatch tire)

All Terrain vs Mud Terrain Tires - Sasquatch Package

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I agree with your friends about mud terrain tires. However, I think they made quite a marketing mistake with the "MT" label on the Sasquatch tires. Just looking at the tread design they look quite highway (and winter) friendly and a number of the ride alongs in Moab didn't seem to have any issue with them on pavement at highway speeds. Our Squatched BL will be my wife's DD and I have no concerns about the tires. They are most definitely not "mud terrain" and even though they seem to do ok in the rocks and sand they really are more of a pavement kind of tire. Calling them "Max Traction" or whatever it's supposed to be only adds confusion since to most people MT really does mean "Mud Terrain". I'm very happy they didn't put actual MT tires or really anything more aggressive in the Sasquatch package or I would have skipped it and done my own 35's, probably like the Goodyear's we are getting. There are many threads about this but here are a couple:

I did just run into a few of those threads, thanks for helping to easing my mind on my choice!

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

It’s hard to call the marketing of M/T as a marketing mistake....since Sasquatch demand has blown away expections within Ford (thus the constraint). I think it’s a brilliant move...they call it an M/T so people think they are getting incredible off road capability and brag how they run 35” M/Ts......but it will ride and sound like an A/T and people will love them for it. Great call by Ford...

Chris S

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla '18 M3 Perf & '22 MY Perf, '19 MX-5 Club,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I originally spec'd my BL w/ Sas, but started having 2nd thoughts about it once I started reading about all the compromises that come w/ 35's, along w/ not digging the Sas fender flares.

My final order was w/o. After seeing all the vids of high speed off-road running, I suspect that in my cases the much lower unsprung weight of the smaller wheels/tires will more than offset the larger diameter of the 35's in turning, accelerating, braking, and absorbing impacts. I'm sure the Sas will prevail in rock crawling, but that will be less than 1% of my driving, unfortunately.

As for the gear ratio debate, the 4.7's are only 5% shorter....not a material difference, especially w/ the 2.7's power combined w/ the wide ratio spread of 10 speeds in the auto.

Sponsored

smrpilot

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Silverado 3500HD, '68 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What I'd really like to hear is from those who've driven them both, the 2.3 man or 2.7 auto. Especially for crawling.

JPG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No need to go crazy with the gear ratio... I have been running 35s Copper STT Pros on my FJ for 6 years, and it has a 3.73 gear ratio ( Auto ), without any problems, like most of our club members up here. The Bronco has about the same aerodynamic as the FJ, both bricks on wheels, so if gas mileage is important, it's not the right truck for you...

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, in short, not a whole lot for $2500. I'm just thinking when the tires wear down, I can change out the wheels and tire and possible go 37's and have the $2500 put aside. Thoughts?
Depends. Factory installed 4.7 gears are worth alot. Gearing was the first thing I changed on my other builds and IMO, the biggest upgrade you can do when going to 35's or bigger. Though the 4.46 gearing is already better than 100% of the other vehicles on the market and is probably acceptable w/35's. But 37's? From my past experience regearing 4Runners, Tundras, and Wranglers i'd opt for the 4.7s w/o thinking twice about it. Towing anything w/37's.....4.7, live at altitude...4.7s, alot of time in the mountains.....4.7s. Opt for bigger gears later and it will cost you nearly that much or more if you go to a quality shop. And then does it void drivetrain warranty?

If you don't have proper gearing you don't know how much performance and mileage you are sacrificing until you get proper gears. You can say it's fine all day but its not and you don't know until you know.
Sponsored