Sponsored

Badlands with 7MT (Best options for 35" tires)

OP
OP

Gomezstx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I never needed a bump stop extension and I've worked the suspension hard.
What's your offset on wheel. This is all great information to get field validation on performance
Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What's your offset on wheel. This is all great information to get field validation on performance
3 different sets of wheels, +18, +30, and +6

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sasquatch take offs or buy Sasquatch suspension from dealer. That’s what I did.

OP
OP

Gomezstx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
3 different sets of wheels, +18, +30, and +6
Thanks for the feed back!! I came across one post with a none sasquatch badlands that reported he had wheel contact with the wheel wells. He was running 35" tires on (sasquatch OEM wheels). The shocks were in OEM state (no lift). This contact occured on a high speed jump (which would have been an extreme condition of compression.

bcool2525

Badlands
First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT500, 1987 F250, 1969 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Tricky Dick Do you think a stock non SAS Badlands with the crash bars removed, 35s, no lift, and the factory 55mm offset wheels work without rubbing?

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Tricky Dick Do you think a stock non SAS Badlands with the crash bars removed, 35s, no lift, and the factory 55mm offset wheels work without rubbing?
I think you'll have problems with +55 unless you get a 35x10.5 tire.

bcool2525

Badlands
First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT500, 1987 F250, 1969 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds good, so the 255/85/17 mickey's should do nicely. Welp, wish I could save money faster haha

OP
OP

Gomezstx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd just get Zone level and call it good.
The
Sasquatch take offs or buy Sasquatch suspension from dealer. That’s what I did.
When I dug into this deeper I
The wheel needs to be different offset or control arms will rub (that's my understanding). What I understand is stock non SAS badlands, crashbars removed, bumpstop extension to limit max compression, and at least +30 offset equals no isues

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This whole thread has been exactly right. Except the 30mm offset being a total solution. That depends on the tire width (not the 35" height). If you have really wide tires, you might need wider wheels, and a little more offset.

For reference, I have 13.5" wide tires and I needed a little more offset. +12 on 9.5" wheel is working with no rub.

level lift and crash bars removed, of course.

OP
OP

Gomezstx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The

When I dug into this deeper I

The wheel needs to be different offset or control arms will rub (that's my understanding). What I understand is stock non SAS badlands, crashbars removed, bumpstop extension to limit max compression, and at least +30 offset equals no isues
As you stated the Zone
This whole thread has been exactly right. Except the 30mm offset being a total solution. That depends on the tire width (not the 35" height). If you have really wide tires, you might need wider wheels, and a little more offset.

For reference, I have 13.5" wide tires and I needed a little more offset. +12 on 9.5" wheel is working with no rub.

level lift and crash bars removed, of course.
Yes my +30 offset is with 12.5” wide tires on stock Sasquatch wheel (or an aftermarket of the same). Wider tire would need more offset

Sponsored
OP
OP

Gomezstx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As you stated the Zone

Yes my +30 offset is with 12.5” wide tires on stock Sasquatch wheel (or an aftermarket of the same). Wider tire would need more offset
I started this thread with little knowledge. And thanks to the feedback from a lot of folks have an understanding now. I originally bougth eibach springs for a Sasquatch badlands. Changed my order to a none Sasquatch and got a build date. So now I started the research on can I use these EiBach springs with the none-SAS badlands shocks. Turns out the answer is yes. I would achieve the lift heights Eibach publishes less about 0.4” (because the perch is set that much lower). I came across people that replaced their badlands shocks with take off Sasquatch shocks. That is an expensive option that a perch collar and bump stop would have resulted in identical suspensions. We are all year to learn and help each other out

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350, F-450, 2022 Bronco, (2) 77 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
1" front level lift with the Badlands coil-overs. Done.

OP
OP

Gomezstx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
1" front level lift with the Badlands coil-overs. Done.
All good answers. And yes that is an option. I wanted a little more aggressive stance without compromising CV angles, steering rack. So I have settled on the couple inches that will be gained on the Eibach springs (especially since I am adding some weight with hidden winch). Gaining bead locking performance with the rebound pro wheels. Add performance tune to to get the 4 cylinder pushing a little harder to deal with the 35” tires. A lot of good feedback from this forum helped with some decisions. Figured out what to upgrade on the stereo to be better than the B&O system (glad I went high package). Now with all these parts I am collecting I just need the Bronco (lol). Scheduled for march build

kojack19

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All good answers. And yes that is an option. I wanted a little more aggressive stance without compromising CV angles, steering rack. So I have settled on the couple inches that will be gained on the Eibach springs (especially since I am adding some weight with hidden winch). Gaining bead locking performance with the rebound pro wheels. Add performance tune to to get the 4 cylinder pushing a little harder to deal with the 35” tires. A lot of good feedback from this forum helped with some decisions. Figured out what to upgrade on the stereo to be better than the B&O system (glad I went high package). Now with all these parts I am collecting I just need the Bronco (lol). Scheduled for march build
Keep us posted on the springs. I dropped from WT to non sas badlands and am evaluating options. The Eibach springs have me interested.

JDoc92

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Getting the Eibach coil over 2.0 installed. Would 35x11.5 be an issue with the +55? Thanks in advance!
Sponsored