Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250, Ford Expedition Max, Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

beautiful build!
It might be stupid question from a beginner but are you planning to off road it (rock crawling and etc) ? I see comments online saying all non coilovers lifts reduce your offroad capabilities but I see a lot of serious builds with them which gets me a bit confused.
I definitely plan to offroad it. I’m no expert either but the spacer lifts don’t necessarily take away from off road capabilities but they don’t add to them either (except by way of larger tires). I have the Bilstien Sasquatch suspension and should still have the same articulation that I had before, I just start with the arms in a lower position. Where the spacer kits do limit you (in my feeble opinion) is in the wear and tear on the CV joints, steering rack and tie rods due to being at an angle more of the time. However, that’s the only way to fit the larger tires without completely changing out the suspension.

I’m not a hard core off roader, just an old farm kid that loves to have fun doing things you shouldn’t be able to do in a vehicle and who loves to build things.
Sponsored

OP
OP
shawn6107

shawn6107

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How much was the graphic is you don’t mind me asking?

also any particular reason you chose that soft top over factory?
The graphics were about $900 installed and they are going to finish them with a matching hood bump graphic this week (the last time I had it in they didn’t like something about their first hood bump graphic and want to try again.

As far as the soft top goes, that is the factory soft top. I originally ordered a hard top but after a year of waiting, when I re-ordered for 2022, I went to a soft top to try and get it built faster. I do like the soft top. It’s loud on the highway but from what I hear, the hard top is too. I rented a Jeep Wrangler Rubicon last week when out of town and that hard top was loud too. Not quite as loud as my soft top but close. I love the look of the Bestop Soft Top but I don’t think I want to give up the functionality of being able to fold it all the way back without completely removing it.

natoe

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Velostern N
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Very nice. Just curious as someone with a non squatch BL on order, what made you want to go sasquatch if you knew you were replacing wheels/tires right away? Just the factory gearing?

OP
OP
shawn6107

shawn6107

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Very nice. Just curious as someone with a non squatch BL on order, what made you want to go sasquatch if you knew you were replacing wheels/tires right away? Just the factory gearing?
The Bilstien suspension on the sasquatch made me want that option. To replace it with similar aftermarket would cost $7k-8k with labor. I was also able to get a fair trade in value on the oem wheels and tires to upgrade. I wasn’t even sure I wanted to go to 37s until recently. Sasquatch also gives you some other perks like a bigger spare tire mount and a heavier steering setup (Hoss 2.0 instead of 1.0) and a bigger front differential if I’m not mistaken.

Sponsored

Draughon

Badlands
First Name
Daylon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 4-Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2022 OW 4dr Bad Sas Lux SoftTop 2.7
3” Zone Offroad Adventure Series Lift
Zone Offroad Upper Control Arms
17x8.5 Icon Rebound Pros (0 offset)
37x12.5R17 BFG KO2 A/T Tires
Rough Country Receiver Hitch
Curt Trailer Light Wiring
Rough Country Tailgate Reinforcement and Spare Relocation Kit
ZRoadz Dual Pod Light Pillar Mount
Raxiom Ditch Lights
Ford OEM Rear Cargo Enclosure with Raised Lid
IAG soft Top Lift Assist
Custom Vinyl Graphics from Frost Auto Accessories
RokBlokz XL Removable Mud Flaps
Rough Country Tailgate Table
BroncBuster Steering Rack Bushing
JKS Tie Rod Sleeves
Gearshade Bimini Top

Future Wish List:
4WP Front Bumper with Winch mount
DV8 Rear Bumper
Hoss 3.0 Steering Rack (what should have been on all these from the start)
Midland MXT275 Hidden GMRS Radio Install
Chase lights (Will probably have to make a custom bracket for what I want)

59666539-7D8A-4945-A618-91C0C9F2F8AD.jpeg

1625A5A6-6A54-4316-BFF0-E9686B4BA4A2.jpeg

Edit: Added topless photos

View attachment 338907
View attachment 338908
View attachment 338909
View attachment 338910
Many thanks to everyone on this forum for all the great ideas and shared knowledge about building out your rigs!
Great build!

GreenMtnBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BadSquatch; 13 Wrangler JK; 04 Lifted Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Very nice build. Did you do the Rokblokz on the front and just not have them on for pics? Asking as I have 37s on a 3" lift and pretty sure they would rub, curious if you have had any expeirence?

thanks & keep rocking it!

OP
OP
shawn6107

shawn6107

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Very nice build. Did you do the Rokblokz on the front and just not have them on for pics? Asking as I have 37s on a 3" lift and pretty sure they would rub, curious if you have had any expeirence?

thanks & keep rocking it!
The fronts currently rub at full lock on the thumb screws so they’re off until I have a chance to fix it. There’s another thread that talks about this a little and how to fix it. There is a big plastic block behind the fender liner at the back of the front fenders (you can feel it if you try). Another member pulled that out, then pushed the bracket back and everything cleared just fine. I want to see what that block does and then decide whether to trim it or pull it out to push the bracket back. I just haven’t had any time yet.

Sponsored
OP
OP
shawn6107

shawn6107

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Had the hood bump installed to complete my graphics and also had them install lots of PPF around the front of the car, the door sills, door edges, and door cups.
Ford Bronco BadSquatch Perseverance Build with 3” Lift and 37s 874FC0E2-49B6-412B-9D8C-58F9E4317D47

Last edited:
First Name
Or
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I definitely plan to offroad it. I’m no expert either but the spacer lifts don’t necessarily take away from off road capabilities but they don’t add to them either (except by way of larger tires). I have the Bilstien Sasquatch suspension and should still have the same articulation that I had before, I just start with the arms in a lower position. Where the spacer kits do limit you (in my feeble opinion) is in the wear and tear on the CV joints, steering rack and tie rods due to being at an angle more of the time. However, that’s the only way to fit the larger tires without completely changing out the suspension.

I’m not a hard core off roader, just an old farm kid that loves to have fun doing things you shouldn’t be able to do in a vehicle and who loves to build things.

Good to know, I thought that they would hurt the articulation... I will probably try it as well and see how the lift goes so I can try 37.

Enjoy the car and make awesome pictures so you can share with us :)

OP
OP
shawn6107

shawn6107

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Removed my RC Spare tire Relocation Kit today and remounted the spare tire mount without it.
Ford Bronco BadSquatch Perseverance Build with 3” Lift and 37s B88B04C7-E19A-44D7-BED5-BA119897170C

Ford Bronco BadSquatch Perseverance Build with 3” Lift and 37s 2687BB39-CD30-46F2-A19A-D30546249233

Ford Bronco BadSquatch Perseverance Build with 3” Lift and 37s 9E4F6D8D-7793-49F9-A0C3-2A765CA04012

To straighten out the misinformation on these relocation kits, if you have a Sasquatch Package, you do not need a relocation kit to carry a 37” tire. The Sasquatch package has a different tire carrier than the NonSasquatch and it’s located differently. You do need a reinforcement kit in my opinion to handle the weight but not a relocation kit. In fact, in my opinion a relocation kit makes things worse. It pushes your tire out away from the tailgate about two inches and relocates it up a few inches. It basically gives the tire more leverage to bend your tailgate. A 37” tire and custom off road wheel is heavy and I don’t want to give it any more leverage than necessary.
You may also wonder about the third brake light extension. It’s not necessary but you can move it up if you prefer. Be aware that the cheap extensions won’t work on the Sasquatch Package Tire carrier. The bolt pattern is different on the Sasquatch than it is on the Nonsasquatch.
On that note, if anyone wants to buy my Rough Country relocation bracket, just message me and make me an offer. I didn’t want to buy it to start, but the shop who mounted my wheels and tires wouldn’t do it without the relocation kit. They had only worked on non-Sas Broncos up to that point and didn’t believe me that it was un-necessary.
Ford Bronco BadSquatch Perseverance Build with 3” Lift and 37s 5D4FBA1A-D892-4CE0-AFBB-48ADD0003DC9

OP
OP
shawn6107

shawn6107

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Knocked a few more things off the list this weekend. Installed the Aeroskin II to try and stop the bugs and rocks from being sucked into my windshield. So far it’s doing its job perfectly.
Ford Bronco BadSquatch Perseverance Build with 3” Lift and 37s image

The bigger chore was to fix my clearance issue with the front mudflaps. I had to take off the brackets for the front rok blokz, remove the fender liner, remove the plastic filler block behind the fender liner, replace the bolts, replace the fender liner, and then put the brackets back on and push them back far enough they were out of the way. This was kind of a tedious process, but necessary to be able to use those front rock blocks to keep the rocks from chipping the paint on the side of the bronco.
So first you have to takeoff the fender flares, which is easier than you think. You just have to turn the twist handles back past 90° inside the fender flare, then pull them off. You have to pull with some force and you will hear a pop that will scare the crap out of you. However I’ve done it several times now and nothing is broken yet.
Ford Bronco BadSquatch Perseverance Build with 3” Lift and 37s 7DCF6B4E-0758-4128-A9AF-140763ECBF45

Ford Bronco BadSquatch Perseverance Build with 3” Lift and 37s 6CDF003A-C6E3-471D-89AA-D22E50E3BD88

Then you will need to pull the plastic clips out of the fender liner. These have very cheap flimsy clips, that are meant to be reused. They have a screw in the middle of them that you can screw out with a screwdriver to relieve the pressure on the backside of the clip and then pull the clip out. That only works if it wasn’t over tightened and stripped out when installed. In my experience it’s a 50-50 shot on whether or not they stripped it in installation. Some of these can still be fixed even if they are stripped, and some cannot. I have an assortment of plastic clips and ended up having to replace a couple of them with some of the ones I had at the house.
Ford Bronco BadSquatch Perseverance Build with 3” Lift and 37s 90E33B70-8C29-470E-B522-78BF2DD1AB65

once you have the fender liner loose then you will see the plastic filler block behind there. There is no other function to this block other than to fill in behind the liner, and hold two of the clips that you will no longer need because your brackets to hold the fender liner back in the same spot.
Ford Bronco BadSquatch Perseverance Build with 3” Lift and 37s 992BE04B-8342-4769-A7FD-139BCB8610B9

This is held in by three 13 mm bolts. They are long winded and covered in Loctite.
Ford Bronco BadSquatch Perseverance Build with 3” Lift and 37s 44614893-A0BA-4C0F-B3D1-6C80E092A27C

Ford Bronco BadSquatch Perseverance Build with 3” Lift and 37s E697A4D0-D800-40AC-B3B3-2AE13925D74B

I went ahead and replace the bolts after I pulled the blocks out, because I couldn’t see how they would use a bolt that long without it holding something else in place.
Ford Bronco BadSquatch Perseverance Build with 3” Lift and 37s 1276B1E4-CA56-41DF-8851-0FF057FB0006

then I just put everything back, push the bracket back as far as I could without pushing so far back that the mudflap would no longer go on. I actually ended up putting the mudflap on then pushing the bracket back, then tightening the bolts so I knew I didn’t go too far.
Ford Bronco BadSquatch Perseverance Build with 3” Lift and 37s 96C6FE5C-D424-4435-A6D2-4702672D58C1

after I put everything back together, I had just enough clearance that I shouldn’t have any rub on the thumb screws anymore. Of course I don’t plan on stuffing the wheel while I have the flaps on. That’s the beauty of the rok blokz, is that it’s easy to take them off when you get ready to go off road.

Robertriley

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK, 36 ford convertible, 59 MGA, 57 Mercedes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The fronts currently rub at full lock on the thumb screws so they’re off until I have a chance to fix it. There’s another thread that talks about this a little and how to fix it. There is a big plastic block behind the fender liner at the back of the front fenders (you can feel it if you try). Another member pulled that out, then pushed the bracket back and everything cleared just fine. I want to see what that block does and then decide whether to trim it or pull it out to push the bracket back. I just haven’t had any time yet.
DO you have pics of this?
Sponsored