First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Liberty Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
We have them available right here: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/baja-designs-fog-pocket-kit-for-2021-ford-bronco-modular-bumper/

The SAE ones are Street Legal, thus the SAE rating they have. Not the brightest lights BUT they are street legal fog lights (keyword: fog lights).

Can you get away with Squadrons and S2 on the road? SURE but they won't technically be SAE rated. I run 3x Squadron Pros (not at the same time) on my Raptor and have no issues. I do have them aimed low below my headlights though, so as not to blind anybody on the road.

For my $$, I plan to do Squadron Pro Driving/Combo (for off-roading) and 2x sets of S2 Pro in Wide Cornering (one clear, one amber). That should be a really nice setup while not causing issues on the road.

IF you need street legal, go with the Squadron SAE as your main set of fogs to be on, this way you know Johnny Law won't give you a hard time.

I was looking for a Squadron set up that is street legal since there will be no off road driving, but am instead now considering a Squadron Sport White Driving Combo set given that it is only 25% brighter than a SAE set - with the spots on the bottom and the cornerings on the top. That would provide coverage for Zones 1, 2, and 3 and would always be on at night during good weather. A S2 PRO Driving Combo White set would be beside it - with the spots on the inside and the cornerings on the outside. That would add to the coverage of Zones, 1, 2, 3, and 4 and be on during dark night driving with little traffic. And beside it would be a S2 PRO Driving Combo Amber set - with the spots on the inside and the cornerings on the outside. That would provide coverage in Zones 1, 2, 3, and 4 and be on during inclement weather. All three Upfitters would be used - so each would have its own overhead switch to be turned on or off according to conditions. I used the information below to assist in developing this plan.

Patterns:

Driving/Combo:
Maximum trail coverage in a single light. The Driving/Combo pattern is equipped with both Driving (42°) and spot (8°) optics to provide you with a smooth blend of light for both near field applications and distance (Lighting Zone 3)

Wide Cornering: BD was the first to develop a pattern specifically for cornering, dust and/or fog conditions. The Wide Driving pattern offers a 42° flattened horizontal beam for the ultimate in comfort lighting. (Lighting Zones 1 & 2)

Spot: A longer and narrower 8° beam focus for illumination further down the trail or road. The Spot pattern is designed to be used in conjunction with additional Wide Driving and/or Driving/Combo beam lights. (Lighting Zone 4 & 5)

Work/Scene: Excellent work light or “scene light” with an extremely smooth 120° circle that projects about 40ft. This pattern is not suitable for driving. (Lighting Zone 7)

Ford Bronco Baja Designs Pocket Fog Light Kit Full Install on 2021 Bronco ***VIDEO*** 2016%20Lighting%20Zones%20Chart
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

For $1k, these should be :
- Pre-assembled
- Tunable up and down, as well as the existing side-to-side

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am looking for a Squadron set up that is street legal since there will be no off road driving. Since it appears that there is no such light as a SAE Spot then the Squadron set up will have to be all Cornering lights - with no Driving/Combo which would contain both Cornering and Spots. Of course, without any Spots, that would provide only Zone 2 coverage and not any Zone 3 coverage like I was hoping for. The Zone 1 coverage would be covered with the S2 Sport Wide Cornering Amber in the middle and the S2 Sport Wide Cornering White on the outside. Three Upfitters would be used - one for each set of lights - and all three tied into the overhead auxiliary switches. The Squadron set would be used all the time, the S2 Amber would be used in bad weather and fog, and the S2 White would be used in good weather and dark nights. But I was hoping to get a Squadron set up that I could keep on all the time to give me some Zone 3 coverage but not give me any trouble with the law. Any suggestions for the Squadron set up?
I'd say if you want a street legal setup with some off-road covrage for those times you DO decide you want to either go off-road OR just get some more lighting by yourself

Squadron SAE
S2 Pro Spot
S2 Pro Wide Cornering

You can also save some $$ by going with S2 Sport over S2 Pro (you just get more light from a Pro)

A Driving/Combo has 1 side spot and 1 side wide cornering FYI - They combined both a spot and a wide cornering lens (if you look at one you'll see what I mean)

This way you've got your SAE for street driving. Then you've got some spots to throw light down range, adn wide cornering to cover the sides, both on their own switches (turn them both on for complete coverage).

Spot
Ford Bronco Baja Designs Pocket Fog Light Kit Full Install on 2021 Bronco ***VIDEO*** 1631385822843

Wide Cornering
Ford Bronco Baja Designs Pocket Fog Light Kit Full Install on 2021 Bronco ***VIDEO*** 1631385836661

Driving/Combo
Ford Bronco Baja Designs Pocket Fog Light Kit Full Install on 2021 Bronco ***VIDEO*** 1631385854059

For $1k, these should be :
- Pre-assembled
- Tunable up and down, as well as the existing side-to-side
Pre-Assembly would get damaged in shipment, so that's one major factor in why they don't do that.

They are "tunable". You can aim them up/down/left/right a bit as you need to. Now, you're not going to be aiming them ALLL the way to the side, since they have a bezel system and it would look odd.

We have in the works a non-bezel bracket where you can turn them to your hearts content, as there is no bezel to get in the way. That'll be released to us in a few weeks. For now the bezel kit Baja puts out is still fantastic and gives you adjustability.

Ride Em Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Liberty Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'd say if you want a street legal setup with some off-road covrage for those times you DO decide you want to either go off-road OR just get some more lighting by yourself

Squadron SAE
S2 Pro Spot
S2 Pro Wide Cornering

You can also save some $$ by going with S2 Sport over S2 Pro (you just get more light from a Pro)

A Driving/Combo has 1 side spot and 1 side wide cornering FYI - They combined both a spot and a wide cornering lens (if you look at one you'll see what I mean)

This way you've got your SAE for street driving. Then you've got some spots to throw light down range, adn wide cornering to cover the sides, both on their own switches (turn them both on for complete coverage).

Spot
Ford Bronco Baja Designs Pocket Fog Light Kit Full Install on 2021 Bronco ***VIDEO*** 1631385854059

Wide Cornering

Driving/Combo

I was editing my post while you were replying - here is my edited post:

I was looking for a Squadron set up that is street legal since there will be no off road driving, but am instead now considering a Squadron Sport White Driving Combo set given that it is only 25% brighter than a SAE set - with the spots on the bottom and the cornerings on the top. That would provide coverage for Zones 1, 2, and 3 and would always be on at night during good weather. A S2 PRO Driving Combo White set would be beside it - with the spots on the inside and the cornerings on the outside. That would add to the coverage of Zones, 1, 2, 3, and 4 and be on during dark night driving with little traffic. And beside it would be a S2 PRO Driving Combo Amber set - with the spots on the inside and the cornerings on the outside. That would provide coverage in Zones 1, 2, 3, and 4 and be on during inclement weather. All three Upfitters would be used - so each would have its own overhead switch to be turned on or off according to conditions.

Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was editing my post while you were replying - here is my edited post:

I was looking for a Squadron set up that is street legal since there will be no off road driving, but am instead now considering a Squadron Sport White Driving Combo set given that it is only 25% brighter than a SAE set - with the spots on the bottom and the cornerings on the top. That would provide coverage for Zones 1, 2, and 3 and would always be on at night during good weather. A S2 PRO Driving Combo White set would be beside it - with the spots on the inside and the cornerings on the outside. That would add to the coverage of Zones, 1, 2, 3, and 4 and be on during dark night driving with little traffic. And beside it would be a S2 PRO Driving Combo Amber set - with the spots on the inside and the cornerings on the outside. That would provide coverage in Zones 1, 2, 3, and 4 and be on during inclement weather. All three Upfitters would be used - so each would have its own overhead switch to be turned on or off according to conditions.
No bueno. See you can only run Wide Cornering on the road without blinding other drivers. If you ran a Driving/Combo on the road, the spot portion will blind other drivers. It's too harsh. Only wide cornering should ever be used if you're on a public road.

The SAE is "Street Legal" but as I said, you can certainly get away with a wide cornering if you aim them below your headlights.

That's why for my setup I'm not even worrying about spots. Nor should you. If you want light way down range the best way is pillar lights or a roof/windshield light bar. You can get away with having them on the bumper as well, but down low... it's going to function as good as if they were up higher.

The lower your lights, the closer to the vehicle you are going to cover. This is why when you see roof mounted light setups there are a lot of Spots in there (like the XL Linkable Kit, it has 4 spots right in the center to throw that light way down range).

That's why I'd say go with at least 1 wide cornering pair for street use and the others you can do as you want (driving/combo).

Heck how about this

Squadron SAE (or a Squadron Sport Wide Cornering) as your "road" light
S2 Sport/Pro in Driving Combo
S2 Sport/Pro in Driving Combo Amber

NOW you've got the S2 in both color temps for whatever the weather is, and that squadron is your new "on road" light.

Ride Em Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Liberty Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
No bueno. See you can only run Wide Cornering on the road without blinding other drivers. If you ran a Driving/Combo on the road, the spot portion will blind other drivers. It's too harsh. Only wide cornering should ever be used if you're on a public road.

The SAE is "Street Legal" but as I said, you can certainly get away with a wide cornering if you aim them below your headlights.

That's why for my setup I'm not even worrying about spots. Nor should you. If you want light way down range the best way is pillar lights or a roof/windshield light bar. You can get away with having them on the bumper as well, but down low... it's going to function as good as if they were up higher.

The lower your lights, the closer to the vehicle you are going to cover. This is why when you see roof mounted light setups there are a lot of Spots in there (like the XL Linkable Kit, it has 4 spots right in the center to throw that light way down range).

That's why I'd say go with at least 1 wide cornering pair for street use and the others you can do as you want (driving/combo).

Heck how about this

Squadron SAE (or a Squadron Sport Wide Cornering) as your "road" light
S2 Sport/Pro in Driving Combo
S2 Sport/Pro in Driving Combo Amber

NOW you've got the S2 in both color temps for whatever the weather is, and that squadron is your new "on road" light.
Thanks for your reply, and if I am reading it correctly, for either street use or for off road use, spots should be placed high to get better range? But was your statement "You can get away with having them on the bumper as well, but down low... it's going to function as good as if they were up higher." just a mis-statement and you meant to say "... it's not going to function as good as if they were up higher."?

And given that there will be no off-road use where I would use these lights, for the street, maybe this combo that you suggested would work best - Squadron SAE as "road" light - and with SAE I may actually have a better range than I would with the Sport since I would not have to aim them below my headlights but instead would only have to aim them level with my headlights on low beam?- otherwise go with Sport aimed below headlights on low beam. And then beside the Squadron would be the S2 Sport in Driving Combo White in the middle and beside that the S2 Sport in Driving Combo Amber on the end - with both S2's being aimed below my headlights because of being Sport and having Spots? - otherwise go with S2 Sport in Wide Cornering for both?

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Shouldn't the order be flat washer, lock then bolt? Not lock, flat then bolt. I think he had that backwards. LOL. I always thought the lock washer should make contact with the bolt.
Technically, it’s washer, then lock washer, then the nut (not the bolt). You only need a washer on the head of the bolt in most applications.

Reactions: Dom

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks for your reply, and if I am reading it correctly, for either street use or for off road use, spots should be placed high to get better range? But was your statement "You can get away with having them on the bumper as well, but down low... it's going to function as good as if they were up higher." just a mis-statement and you meant to say "... it's not going to function as good as if they were up higher."?

And given that there will be no off-road use where I would use these lights, for the street, maybe this combo that you suggested would work best - Squadron SAE as "road" light - and with SAE I may actually have a better range than I would with the Sport since I would not have to aim them below my headlights but instead would only have to aim them level with my headlights on low beam?- otherwise go with Sport aimed below headlights on low beam. And then beside the Squadron would be the S2 Sport in Driving Combo White in the middle and beside that the S2 Sport in Driving Combo Amber on the end - with both S2's being aimed below my headlights because of being Sport and having Spots? - otherwise go with S2 Sport in Wide Cornering for both?

Spots always work better higher up on the truck. Yes I meant to say "it's not going to function as good"

You should not use a Combo pattern for use on public roads with traffic. It's causing glare. ONLY use a wide cornering pattern if they are going to be used on public streets with others on the road.

If you are alone, then fine, use a combo, but not if you plan to drive with traffic.

You always need to aim your fogs below your headlight pattern, not even with it. Even with the SAE. Remember these are fog lights, not headlights. You already have headlights, so when you install these fog lights you need to make the pair (which will be used on public roads) below the headlight cut-off so as not to blind other drivers and to focus the light lower on the road, where you need it.

Your other 2 pairs of lights in the kit can be aimed wherever you want if your intention is to use them off-road (or by yourself). I like to aim a driving/combo so that the spot is JUST at the headlights, which also bring up the wide portion of that "combo" light. But this isn't a light I use with others on the road, it's my "high beam" or "off road" light.

It's all about what your intended purpose is... if you plan to use them ON ROAD primarily I would go with

Squadron Driving/Combo
S2 Wide Cornering
S2 Wide Cornering Amber

That's if you want an amber and a white light, depending on the weather condition. You'd use the S2 for your normal "fog" light, and that squadron is your "off road" light.

Or if you want to only ever have a white light for road use

Squadron SAE
S2 in Spot
S2 in Wide

This way you have wide AND spots dedicated to each light. Throw them both on to cover both zones. Or pick which pair is on if you need to focus that light. But again spots down low are not as good as spots up high thus my recommendation to have 2 pairs of Wide (one white, one clear).

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Technically, it’s washer, then lock washer, then the nut (not the bolt). You only need a washer on the head of the bolt in most applications.
The video posted is using a kit that's not 100% accurate, thus the confusion a lot of folks have.

Baja uses lock nuts, so you don't see lock washers included. But yes... the lock washer WOULD be the last one you use IF you had lights like that. But with Baja's kits they give you 2 washers typically and a lock nut...

BOLT ---> WASHER --> BRACKET --> WASHER --> LOCK NUT

Sponsored

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The video posted is using a kit that's not 100% accurate, thus the confusion a lot of folks have.

Baja uses lock nuts, so you don't see lock washers included. But yes... the lock washer WOULD be the last one you use IF you had lights like that. But with Baja's kits they give you 2 washers typically and a lock nut...

BOLT ---> WASHER --> BRACKET --> WASHER --> LOCK NUT
I love nyloks!

Dom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Expedition, 2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Ahh, yes, that's the ticket.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ride Em Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Liberty Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Spots always work better higher up on the truck. Yes I meant to say "it's not going to function as good"

You should not use a Combo pattern for use on public roads with traffic. It's causing glare. ONLY use a wide cornering pattern if they are going to be used on public streets with others on the road.

If you are alone, then fine, use a combo, but not if you plan to drive with traffic.

You always need to aim your fogs below your headlight pattern, not even with it. Even with the SAE. Remember these are fog lights, not headlights. You already have headlights, so when you install these fog lights you need to make the pair (which will be used on public roads) below the headlight cut-off so as not to blind other drivers and to focus the light lower on the road, where you need it.

Your other 2 pairs of lights in the kit can be aimed wherever you want if your intention is to use them off-road (or by yourself). I like to aim a driving/combo so that the spot is JUST at the headlights, which also bring up the wide portion of that "combo" light. But this isn't a light I use with others on the road, it's my "high beam" or "off road" light.

It's all about what your intended purpose is... if you plan to use them ON ROAD primarily I would go with

Squadron Driving/Combo
S2 Wide Cornering
S2 Wide Cornering Amber

That's if you want an amber and a white light, depending on the weather condition. You'd use the S2 for your normal "fog" light, and that squadron is your "off road" light.

Or if you want to only ever have a white light for road use

Squadron SAE
S2 in Spot
S2 in Wide

This way you have wide AND spots dedicated to each light. Throw them both on to cover both zones. Or pick which pair is on if you need to focus that light. But again spots down low are not as good as spots up high thus my recommendation to have 2 pairs of Wide (one white, one clear).

Thanks - for road use only maybe the Squadron SAE (or Sport aimed correctly) would be the normal fog light being used along with the S2 Sport (aimed correctly) Wide Cornering White (for extra dark nights with little traffic) or the S2 Sport (aimed correctly) Wide Cornering Amber (for foggy or rainy conditions)

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Thanks - for road use only maybe the Squadron SAE (or Sport aimed correctly) would be the normal fog light being used along with the S2 Sport (aimed correctly) Wide Cornering White (for extra dark nights with little traffic) or the S2 Sport (aimed correctly) Wide Cornering Amber (for foggy or rainy conditions)
You're in the same predicament as me. I can't really decide what lights to get, but I know I need 1 amber and I want to use at least that one on road for snow. Preferably I could use all 3 if really necessary and aimed correctly, but I also want a decent setup for off road. Decisions decisions!
Sponsored