First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Liberty Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You're in the same predicament as me. I can't really decide what lights to get, but I know I need 1 amber and I want to use at least that one on road for snow. Preferably I could use all 3 if really necessary and aimed correctly, but I also want a decent setup for off road. Decisions decisions!
Maybe consider this combination for both street and off-road - the Squadron Pro with spots used for off-road (combined with other spots mounted higher up) and the S2's used for the street (white for good weather and amber for bad weather) with three separate switches so each can be used separately or together:

Squadron Pro Driving/Combo
S2 Sport Wide Cornering
S2 Sport Wide Cornering, Amber

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Maybe consider this combination for both street and off-road - the Squadron Pro with spots used for off-road (combined with other spots mounted higher up) and the S2's used for the street (white for good weather and amber for bad weather) with three separate switches so each can be used separately or together:

Squadron Pro Driving/Combo
S2 Sport Wide Cornering
S2 Sport Wide Cornering, Amber
That sounds like a great combo. I'm thinking I'll go with:

Squadron SAE amber
S2 Pro driving combo
S2 Pro wide Cornering

My reasoning is that I figure I should get the squadron SAE amber since it's the brightest and will be used the most, instead of relying on the smaller S2 amber which isn't "street legal". 4X4TLED says this is a common setup, which is an upgrade to the official BD package. Plus, I can always play with lenses later if I need to.

What setup are you going with?

Ride Em Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Liberty Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That sounds like a great combo. I'm thinking I'll go with:

Squadron SAE amber
S2 Pro driving combo
S2 Pro wide Cornering

My reasoning is that I figure I should get the squadron SAE amber since it's the brightest and will be used the most, instead of relying on the smaller S2 amber which isn't "street legal". 4X4TLED says this is a common setup, which is an upgrade to the official BD package. Plus, I can always play with lenses later if I need to.

What setup are you going with?
Since you may be driving in a lot of bad weather in the state of Washington that would make sense to have Squadron SAE amber for the street and the S2 Pro's for the off road. I am still deciding.

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@4x4TruckLEDs.com What are your thoughts on this setup I have in the cart? Should the amber be on the inside or outside? I didn't go with the Squadron Pro becasue I plan on having Pillar lights and roof lightbar. Thanks.
Ford Bronco Baja Designs Pocket Fog Light Kit Full Install on 2021 Bronco ***VIDEO*** 1631474602708

Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@4x4TruckLEDs.com What are your thoughts on this setup I have in the cart? Should the amber be on the inside or outside? I didn't go with the Squadron Pro becasue I plan on having Pillar lights and roof lightbar. Thanks.
Ford Bronco Baja Designs Pocket Fog Light Kit Full Install on 2021 Bronco ***VIDEO*** 1631474602708
It doesn't matter where the amber is, that's your choice. It has no effect on the light output at all.

But that's a popular setup, similar to what I'll be doing (except i'm doing Pro across the board).

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It doesn't matter where the amber is, that's your choice. It has no effect on the light output at all.

But that's a popular setup, similar to what I'll be doing (except i'm doing Pro across the board).
So I just watched a video by Adam. :) Quick question. If I wanted to add weatherpacks to the upfitter end, would I need 1 pin connectors?

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So I just watched a video by Adam. :) Quick question. If I wanted to add weatherpacks to the upfitter end, would I need 1 pin connectors?
Meaning you want to put weatherpack connetors on your Ford Upfitters so you could connect/disconnect any wiring harnesses you use? If that is the case, any connector you want would work. You could to DT connectors or WP connectors.

But yes you'll want singles, because Ford gives you only hot wires. You'd want 6 singles.

I've seen some people use an 8-pin one as well on some Raptors (the last 2 are just not used is all). They've used DT 8-pins and this way they could disconnect all of their lighting at the same time. I'd probably recommend doing single WP's though so you could remove individual harnesses.

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Meaning you want to put weatherpack connetors on your Ford Upfitters so you could connect/disconnect any wiring harnesses you use? If that is the case, any connector you want would work. You could to DT connectors or WP connectors.

But yes you'll want singles, because Ford gives you only hot wires. You'd want 6 singles.

I've seen some people use an 8-pin one as well on some Raptors (the last 2 are just not used is all). They've used DT 8-pins and this way they could disconnect all of their lighting at the same time. I'd probably recommend doing single WP's though so you could remove individual harnesses.
Thanks, Just ordered. :)

DubC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2016 F150, 2022 Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So when using the singles, the ground still attaches to the body, correct? In the video, it looks like he used 2-wire connectors so it got me a little confused.

Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So when using the singles, the ground still attaches to the body, correct? In the video, it looks like he used 2-wire connectors so it got me a little confused.
Yes the ground attaches to the body. So the Baja Designs kits only use 2 upfitters. 1 Upfitter for the Squadron and the S2 both share the same upfitter.

I've never been a fan of that. They did that with the Raptor kits as well.

We include our all-in-one harness with the kits we ship, which lets customers connect the 3 pairs of lights to 3 different upfitter. We also utilize a 1-piece style harness, so it's one harness you run, not multiple harnesses plugged into each other. It's unique to the kits we offer though (along with letting you pick the lights you want).

Here is what our harness looks like

Ford Bronco Baja Designs Pocket Fog Light Kit Full Install on 2021 Bronco ***VIDEO*** 1631496458246

Ford Bronco Baja Designs Pocket Fog Light Kit Full Install on 2021 Bronco ***VIDEO*** 1631496463036

Ford Bronco Baja Designs Pocket Fog Light Kit Full Install on 2021 Bronco ***VIDEO*** 1631496468056

Benzo

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
too many to list
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry if this is a dumb question but why is the fog light amber?
The amber light reduces glare and white lights make fog brighter

Benzo

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
too many to list
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Really there is no honest dumb questions...Just dumb answers.
I live in the fog. Not sure if your dumb reply is directed at my answer but move on if you don't agree.
Sponsored