Threads
Reaction score
Website
shop.middletonmotorsports.net
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I would love to see how bright they are in the dark...a video showing the illumination looking forward from the Bronco on and off would be awesome
Sponsored

GCS

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan XTerra Pro-4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
These look great. Confused whether I should be ordering these lights with the toggle switch or upfitter wiring style since I’m getting a Badlands. Any insight would be appreciated?

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

These look great. Confused whether I should be ordering these lights with the toggle switch or upfitter wiring style since I’m getting a Badlands. Any insight would be appreciated?
You're going to want it with the Upfitter. As the upfitter switches are standard on the Badlands.

Check out our site or PM me if you need help

KnoxGnater

Badlands
First Name
Nat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1934 Ford Roadster Pickup, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Installed mine last week. A couple tips:
1). use a drop of lube on the stainless bolts, I don’t know where they are sourced from but the gall VERY easily. I’ve never experienced this level of galling simply putting nylock nuts on a bolt. No load, no heat, they simply weld together without cause if you don’t lubricate them.
2). The wiring from 4x4 Truck is improved over Baja, but I will be redoing them with heat shrink butt connectors and shrink tubes vs open crimp splices.
3). I got the SAE cornering lens S2’s in Sport and they are still too bright to run with any other traffic present. I will aim them down some more. Not a complaint, just be aware these throw very impressive amounts of light. Very pleased.
*edit*. I also added some anti-seize on the bumper bolts when I put them back in.

Overall great kit, easy install and amazing functionality. I wired everything to its own upfitter switch so I can run them individually or all at once.
Ford Bronco Baja Designs Pocket Fog Light Kit Full Install on 2021 Bronco ***VIDEO*** NaJneDlhREKNmqfpowZ08
Ford Bronco Baja Designs Pocket Fog Light Kit Full Install on 2021 Bronco ***VIDEO*** k7CyS4aoRrii909BwbsO_w
Ford Bronco Baja Designs Pocket Fog Light Kit Full Install on 2021 Bronco ***VIDEO*** jUqCis9gTaGtY5BSRz3qIA
Ford Bronco Baja Designs Pocket Fog Light Kit Full Install on 2021 Bronco ***VIDEO*** DD0KmKDoT1KcWAfC-QCmtA

Last edited:

Meandeane

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4 Door Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any tips on where to tuck and secure the harness? I ran mine through the front behind the bash plate but still not super satisfied with how stuff is bundled and secured.

Also how do you aim these once installed? It's pretty tight

Sponsored

KnoxGnater

Badlands
First Name
Nat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any tips on where to tuck and secure the harness? I ran mine through the front behind the bash plate but still not super satisfied with how stuff is bundled and secured.

Also how do you aim these once installed? It's pretty tight
I used several zip ties along the whole route, which was basically the crash bars, under the bash plate, and then up around the battery. I wound the extra harness up in a loop near the upfitter switches.

For aiming hopefully I left them loose enough to swivel a little bit. Haven’t tried yet.

Racecoach

Wildtrak
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-159
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have a non sas BL and it looks like I have to take the crash bar off. I don’t have an impact wrench anyone been successful?

I have also been looking for the best place to run the wire. Lastly, any issues hooking power up to the battery? Maybe I’m not seeing a power wire by the aux switch wires.

Jpursuit

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 f250 king ranch 4wd, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a non sas BL and it looks like I have to take the crash bar off. I don’t have an impact wrench anyone been successful?

I have also been looking for the best place to run the wire. Lastly, any issues hooking power up to the battery? Maybe I’m not seeing a power wire by the aux switch wires.
I have the same vehicle. If you still have stock wheels and tires you can slide the light assembly in from the tire side without removing or even loosening the crash bar. It’s a bit tight and requires some finesse but I did it twice on each side a I had to change out the s2 lights position after first install.
There are multiple positive power connections on the battery.

Racecoach

Wildtrak
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-159
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have the same vehicle. If you still have stock wheels and tires you can slide the light assembly in from the tire side without removing or even loosening the crash bar. It’s a bit tight and requires some finesse but I did it twice on each side a I had to change out the s2 lights position after first install.
There are multiple positive power connections on the battery.
Thanks for the info. I’ll have to look at it some more and see if I can get it to fit in like you mentioned. I will also look at the battery closer.

r21free

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I Wonder if they would just sell the bracket...

Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Installed mine last week. A couple tips:
1). use a drop of lube on the stainless bolts, I don’t know where they are sourced from but the gall VERY easily. I’ve never experienced this level of galling simply putting nylock nuts on a bolt. No load, no heat, they simply weld together without cause if you don’t lubricate them.
2). The wiring from 4x4 Truck is improved over Baja, but I will be redoing them with heat shrink butt connectors and shrink tubes vs open crimp splices.
3). I got the SAE cornering lens S2’s in Sport and they are still too bright to run with any other traffic present. I will aim them down some more. Not a complaint, just be aware these throw very impressive amounts of light. Very pleased.
*edit*. I also added some anti-seize on the bumper bolts when I put them back in.

Overall great kit, easy install and amazing functionality. I wired everything to its own upfitter switch so I can run them individually or all at once.
Ford Bronco Baja Designs Pocket Fog Light Kit Full Install on 2021 Bronco ***VIDEO*** DD0KmKDoT1KcWAfC-QCmtA
Looks good, when properly aimed you could actually run Squadron Pros in Wide Cornering without blinding drivers. On my Gen2 Raptor I run 3 pairs of Squadron Pros and I have them aimed down low. No issues with glare.

As for the wiring... could you elaborate? Our wiring harness has plug and play connectors for the Baja Designs lights and on the other end, where your upfitters go, we actually already have weatherproof/heat shrinkable wire connectors already on there. So you just need to crimp the upfitter wire down and then you can use a heat gun and shrink the connector. We thought of that already :) So you don't need to replace anything.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I Wonder if they would just sell the bracket...
Baja Designs will not sell you just the bracket, as they are not in the bracket market but the lighting market. It makes sense in a way BUT at the same time if you've got leftover lights from another truck, you can't just buy their bracket. However we do offer the KR Off-Road bracket so you can re-use whatever lights you have.

For what it's worth, Baja's "kit" is actually very well priced when you start adding everything in.

KnoxGnater

Badlands
First Name
Nat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks good, when properly aimed you could actually run Squadron Pros in Wide Cornering without blinding drivers. On my Gen2 Raptor I run 3 pairs of Squadron Pros and I have them aimed down low. No issues with glare.

As for the wiring... could you elaborate? Our wiring harness has plug and play connectors for the Baja Designs lights and on the other end, where your upfitters go, we actually already have weatherproof/heat shrinkable wire connectors already on there. So you just need to crimp the upfitter wire down and then you can use a heat gun and shrink the connector. We thought of that already :) So you don't need to replace anything.
I didn't realize they were heat shrinkable as well!!! Thanks for the clarification. :)

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, I’m gonna need this kit for sure

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Do you have a link to these or maybe a part number?

Ford Bronco Baja Designs Pocket Fog Light Kit Full Install on 2021 Bronco ***VIDEO*** 1635776036030
Sponsored