Reaction score
Website
www.evergreenclothier.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 Tiguan S w/4motion | '14 Fiesta SE Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So I took delivery of a pair of S2 Pro lights today that I mounted in the pod position. I took care of the cowl mounting first to see what kind of space I was working with underneath and it looks managable.
Ford Bronco Baja Designs S2 Pro Driving / Combo Light Install on 2021 Bronco tempImageFU3MOK

I also got the upfitter wiring harness and the 55" splitter to run both lights off a single switch.

Ford Bronco Baja Designs S2 Pro Driving / Combo Light Install on 2021 Bronco tempImageDbbJT

Here are a couple of photos of the lights mounted, I wanted to go low profile for the ditch lights mainly for aesthetics.

Ford Bronco Baja Designs S2 Pro Driving / Combo Light Install on 2021 Bronco tempImagerqARqM

Ford Bronco Baja Designs S2 Pro Driving / Combo Light Install on 2021 Bronco tempImageSOo37c

Ford Bronco Baja Designs S2 Pro Driving / Combo Light Install on 2021 Bronco tempImage8Bp6Bl

This last picture was just for fun. The wife and I took a ride to get some ice cream because it was a nice cool night.

Ford Bronco Baja Designs S2 Pro Driving / Combo Light Install on 2021 Bronco tempImagejnawUl

So now I have to get the wiring completed. I am going to run the pod lights off switch 2 (saving switch 1 for fogs). Looking at the wiring diagram, I'm wondering if I'm able to simply use the connector on the upfitter harness and snap that onto the wire for switch 2. It's already powered so I'm assuming so. I watched the Bronco Nation video where they connected their rigid pod light. In that video, they connected one of the switches to one of the circuits that go behind the glove box and wired it up from there. The BD upfitter harness also has a connection for a ground which I have spotted a few areas where I can ensure it's secure.

Sorry for the dumb question but if anyone has wired up pod lights on their Bronco or has some insight, I would love to hear it. Otherwise, I'm going to do a little trial and error to see if I can finish this off on my own. Shout out to @Baja Designs for making some seriously high-quality lights!

UPDATE - We Have Power

Ford Bronco Baja Designs S2 Pro Driving / Combo Light Install on 2021 Bronco tempImagec05XqS

Ford Bronco Baja Designs S2 Pro Driving / Combo Light Install on 2021 Bronco tempImageDyc5o0

The scotch-connector-harness-do-hicky-thingy-ma-bobber actually works really well. I recommend leaving the heat shrink on the end and then taping when you've got it connected. Just to keep it as water-tight as possible. Oh yeah, you can use the BD upfitter wiring and connect it directly to the switch you want, no need to go into the glove box unless you want to. (see below image for color-coding of powered wires) as @ohvrider suggested, you'll want to keep lower-powered items on switches 3-6 based on the fuse size (also know the wire size listed). BE ADVISED - you must ground these in order to complete the circuit, there is a spot to ground right by where you will connect the upfitter wire harness.

Ford Bronco Baja Designs S2 Pro Driving / Combo Light Install on 2021 Bronco tempImageIe1kFc

Ford Bronco Baja Designs S2 Pro Driving / Combo Light Install on 2021 Bronco tempImagexTLlE4

There is a lot of room under the cowl so you can clear the hinge of the hood even with some pretty big connectors. I ran the wiring into the engine compartment because there was a lot of room and it was pretty easy to zip it on to the existing wire looms in there without it getting too nasty lokking, well until I got to the passenger side haha!

Ford Bronco Baja Designs S2 Pro Driving / Combo Light Install on 2021 Bronco tempImageb4SaXG

I left the ends of my ties on so you guys can kind of see where I routed it. I have cut them since this picture because it was secure enough that I could close up the hood. If you have any questions please fire away.

NIGHT SHOTS

Ford Bronco Baja Designs S2 Pro Driving / Combo Light Install on 2021 Bronco tempImageBUM5oD

This is what it looks like pulling into my driveway without any lights on...except the Christmas lights we leave strung up around the garage all year.

Ford Bronco Baja Designs S2 Pro Driving / Combo Light Install on 2021 Bronco tempImageKxfvCu

Just the headlights on. For feference, the fence light is about 60-65 feet from the bumper here.

Ford Bronco Baja Designs S2 Pro Driving / Combo Light Install on 2021 Bronco tempImagezh8u4b

Headlights (low beam) and S2 Pros on, huge difference!

Ford Bronco Baja Designs S2 Pro Driving / Combo Light Install on 2021 Bronco tempImageIFSugJ

This was high beams on and S2s on, headlights seem to be concentrated a bit more on-center here.

I took some panoramic shots to show you guys how dramatic the changes are with visibility but the file was too large. Hopefully, most of you can extrapolate from the photos above but these lights (for their size) are powerful. Take a look at things like the tree branch overhead, the tree trunk covered in ivy just on the other side of the fence, how in both pictures you can see I didn't put the bag of dog poop in the big just through the gate (so lazy). Also, note the minimal glare on the hood, this is with the cornering lense on the inside so it's a 42 degree spread on the inside light and a 9 degree spread on the outside spot.

I'm very happy with these all around!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Dro

Wildtrak
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4 Door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Looks great but I’m wondering if the size of the Bronco is just overwhelming for the pods; from the picture it seems like much larger pods would fit better.

Garrett301

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2021 Bronco Sport, 2017 Escape
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Nice work! I'm glad to hear that the BD lights are high-quality! I ordered the SAE Amber fog kit for my FE. Did you order fogs from BD as well?

Triathlonfun

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice! Can’t wait to see some video of them at night. Let us know how you like them.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BronchoPeat

BronchoPeat

Base
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Looks great but I’m wondering if the size of the Bronco is just overwhelming for the pods; from the picture it seems like much larger pods would fit better.
Most definitely! I think for most, running Squadrons would also be acceptable. I don’t think the squadron is a very large bodied light. I was just wanting to be discreet.

BD actually has their a-pillar kit for the Bronco ready for pre-order I believe.

Reactions: Dro

jrustyasl

Badlands
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle: Honda VTX 1300
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks sweet! Congrats! Do you plan on doing a light bar? If so from where?

OP
OP
BronchoPeat

BronchoPeat

Base
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nice work! I'm glad to hear that the BD lights are high-quality! I ordered the SAE Amber fog kit for my FE. Did you order fogs from BD as well?
I did not get their fog kit yet, I’m waiting to see if they offer something with a few less lights. But 100% want to get the SAE Amber Squadrons on there.

OP
OP
BronchoPeat

BronchoPeat

Base
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Looks sweet! Congrats! Do you plan on doing a light bar? If so from where?
I am considering a light bar but I’m waiting to see if 4WP will make their roof frame available for the 2 door, that will sort of dictate what I look at based on mounting options on that rack.

Sponsored

Dogstyle

Black Diamond
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150 Sport 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I did not get their fog kit yet, I’m waiting to see if they offer something with a few less lights. But 100% want to get the SAE Amber Squadrons on there.
I was eying up the 6" raptor fogs. I'm basically waiting if it is worth it.

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I need some pods too, but these look smaller than I would like to install. The rigid lights that were shown in the Ford accessories catalog are what I really want but of course you can't buy them yet. The diode dynamics ones look sweet but are pretty damn pricey. Op, please post pics when you get these fired up! How much was the set with harness?

OP
OP
BronchoPeat

BronchoPeat

Base
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I need some pods too, but these look smaller than I would like to install. The rigid lights that were shown in the Ford accessories catalog are what I really want but of course you can't buy them yet. The diode dynamics ones look sweet but are pretty damn pricey. Op, please post pics when you get these fired up! How much was the set with harness?
The rigid pod lights are a nice size, I was liking those initially. The diode dynamic lights are great, I think they were a bit less than the BD (for what I was looking at). I’ll get pics on this post once I finish wiring them up. The total out the door cost for the Baja Designs set up was $362.
Sponsored